Challenges....

Options
ackeebee
ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
What are the biggest challenges you face when it comes to weight loss/healthy eating? For me getting up and exercising is not a problem at all as I thoroughly enjoy it. The biggest issue I face is having to deal with those office lunches/dinners/drink ups. I go along to these events because I don't want to be antisocial but most of the times I wish I didn't have to!

Replies

• msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My challenge would be staying away from cakes and chocolates. OMG, I just cant resist, once its available, I have to have it and I don't know when to stop myself.

I also struggles to drink 8 glasses of water daily, especially on week ends, the time flies by and then i forget to drink water. I am more in tuned when I am at work....
  • ackeebee
    Options
    My challenge would be staying away from cakes and chocolates. OMG, I just cant resist, once its available, I have to have it and I don't know when to stop myself.

I also struggles to drink 8 glasses of water daily, especially on week ends, the time flies by and then i forget to drink water. I am more in tuned when I am at work....

I can totally relate to the water issue. Though I rarely ever reach the 8 cups target even when at work, at least I can manage about 5 or 6. It is alot easier in the summer months though. When at home, i rarely ever drink water if i dont go to the gym.

Also, another problem I have is fruit and veg. When it is warm I am fine with it but I just dont eat enough of it in winter.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love water so I have no problems getting mine in. But I have a very sweet tooth for anything chocolate and for sweet biscuits. I limit my intake by not buying them on my regular supermarket visits, but every now and then I do buy them and if I am not careful they end up being finished before I eat a cooked meal.
  • Kaybee1011
    Kaybee1011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well, my greatest challenge is ice cream..........I love chocolate too, but I can resist, especially if its nut free...lol....

I found out if I have a big enough container to hold my daily water intake, it is no problem for me to finish because you see where its at and you want to finish it........its the drinking a cup here and there thats my problem.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    OMG mine is portion sizes with the rice & beans...... & of course something sweet
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Yes! portion size is a major challenge. Since my beloved sister gave me a digital food scale, I have definitely realised how much I was over-eating.
  • skystew2003
    Options
    Yes, portion control is a big problem for me, I realize I was ignorant on how much food I would eat in a serving. Rice and peas is a big problem with oxtail...stew peas....ackee! Oh let me stop!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    With Christmas approaching, the last 2 weeks have been quite challenging. All these office lunches and Christmas dinner parties plus clients and work colleagues bringing various treats into the office. This is definitely the most difficult time of year to watch what you eat......I have made some terrible choices these last few days and can only hope that once Christmas is all over, I will be back on track...
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yes with water I just keep filling up a big bottle at home, sit it down, finish it off and repeat, Just because you see it you will drink it.

My Challenge is Starch. So far I cook for Myself so have been hardly eating rice, and Only had Hard food when I made soup, but going to stay with my Granny for a month is going to be a challenge as I can't turn down food! Won't have a Gym out there either will have to go for runs.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Starch is my enemy too. I hope to conquer it in 2012.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Yes, controlling carbs is an issue for me. I think I could easily become a vegetarian but I would struggling to give up carbs. I just can't get enough rice, bread, dumpling and pasta. Though I try and have as much of the wholewheat variety as possible, some foods call for the white stuff. Brown rice just does not work with stew peas or curry chicken/goat :-(
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Yes with water I just keep filling up a big bottle at home, sit it down, finish it off and repeat, Just because you see it you will drink it.

i really need to try this as i do not drink enough water when i am at home. earlier this week i was home all day and it was when i was going to bed i realise i didnt even have one cup of water throughout the day. when i am at work and when i go to the gym i find it easier to drink water however i rarely ever reach the 8 cup target. most days i only achieve 4-6 cups.
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    In the 3 weeks I was in Jamaica I managed to put on 6 pounds. But I didn't watch what I ate at all and did go to the gym there for 2 of the 3 weeks. I think Starch can be conquered as long as you don't eat cake!
  • Blkroses55
    Options
    Please don't say that. I shall be visiting in May, hence why I'm trying to re-sexyfy (my own word) myself. I can't go there and gain everything I lost back. Aarrgghh!
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    There is no need to worry, a lot of that was because I was eating Hard dough bread for the fun of it all hours of the day! and raw peanuts, I think if I didn't eat the bread I wouldn't have put on anything, I was pretty much the weight I was a week after coming back.
  • catlady100
    Options
    hard dough bread. *inlove*
  • ackeebee
    Options
    At the ripe ole age of 32 i have developed a sweet tooth for cakes! I just can't get enough of it. HELP!
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've had that for the last 40 years. Now I'm just getting to grip with it, although sometimes it hits me real hard and i just over indulge. We all need that sometimes. Never mind hun.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol, i was always savoury tooth so not sure what has happened to me. it is only in the past month or 2 i have developed this love for cake.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Biggest challange for me are the starches-hardo bread, really any kind of bread, crackers, rice, potaotes, pasta, etc. and of course CHOCOLATE-anything chocolate.....cake, cocoa tea, hot chocolate,milo, etc......sigh.... at least I know my weaknesses.