3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Jessica,

Go to your Picture that you would like to post and just above the pic click "Share"
    Then click "Grab the HTML/BBCode"
    Then select "BBCode" at the bottom of the box.
    Then Copy the code in the box
    Then paste it in your reply box on here.

It should work!!

THANK YOU!!!!! man that took a while :happy:
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    OMG JESSICA!! How absoutely precious of a room!! its perfect!! come help me finish adding touches to Joaquins room!!

I love it! :smooched:
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    jbbecca- love love love the nursery!!!

Quick post for me, went to aquasize last night ya! But then ate McDonalds after boooo, hubby was sick and I didnt feel like cooking, how romantic is that? Ha ha oh well. I think I may have coughed a rib out of place cause my entire left side hurts to breath or cough. Im not back to the Dr till next week. Ill get my glucose results then as well, you think theyd call before if there was anything abnormal? Bought a few cute onesies today, going to work on the nursery this long weekend. No work out today.

Tara
    29 weeks 4 days
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Jessica - your nursery looks SO awesome! Great job!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Jessica -The nursery looks great!! Your husband did a good job on the argyle thing. :) The pictures of your dogs are adorable too! Love it all!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Quick check in ladies- Been a crazy week and a crazy day ahead!

My eating has been Way WAY off :grumble: I have no one to blame but myself. These 10-12 shifts at work are starting to wear on me and I'm hitting hte drive through on the way home :embarassed: It'll get better this I know!

QUESTION and possibly TMI-

So I've been wearing my comfy bikinni's throughout the pregnancy but I've hit the point where my tummy is too big and they are hitting that bikinni line under my tummy- SO i'm wondering since I'm having a C-section can I still wear these or should I get some grandma panties??

Suggestions? Comments?? Anything will be helpful!
  • jchecca
    Options
    Morning ladies!! Thank you so much for all the compliments on the nursery! We totally love it!! There are a couple little tiny things I would like to do…like put some decorative stuff on top of the dresser and also on the wall right behind his crib (not where the picture and saying are…but the narrower part) … but I am not stressing too much about those things. And also…seriously thank you for bearing with me on not being able to post the pictures…I hate how you cant delete posts…so I am sorry for taking up so much space with my lame attempts to try and get those pictures up!!!

Tara – sorry about the cough…those are the worst. I had something like that 2 weeks before my wedding day and literally thought I had broke a rib!!!! Super painful!! Crossing my fingers for you on your glucose test!!

Denise – my eating has been bad too lately. Just lots of sweets and last night I was paying for it. I had dinner and then went for the dessert (bigggg dessert) and after I ate it was so full that it felt like it was trying to crawl up my throat (sorry if TMI!!!) As for your question…not really sure. Are you concerned about the scar and rubbing or just going forward in general? I would definitely ask the doctor about scar placement. Might have to do the grandma panties for the healing process…but I would think you could definitely go back to bikinis’ after you’re all healed up!

AFM: had a bit of a pitty party for myself last night. Never ended up going for my walk which was frustrating and the hubs asked if I wanted to go out with friends for dinner and I had zero desire. I just feel like none of my clothes fit anymore and I am way too stubborn to buy anything at this point. So I definitely sulked and ate pizza and a big dessert which I am not proud of…but today is totally a new day and I am feeling like I got it out of my system. Just need to bear with the closet for a little longer then its yoga pants and comfy tee’s for this maternity leave momma!!!

Not sure if I updated about my next appointment…but its set for next Wednesday (which is our due date) and they scheduled me for a non stress test and a fluid check. So they’re going to see how he’s doing in there and then we’ll make the determination if we want to schedule an induction. I am so torn by this because I want him to come on his own SO badly…but on the other hand I am so ready to have him! So we’ll see! I am really praying for something to happen before the appointment next week!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Jessica the nursery looks awesome!

Denise, maybe TMI but I am typically a thong girl. At the hospital they gave me large, loose, gauze like boy short type disposable things to wear. I could have taken excess home but I had purchased some low cotton briefs (that huge pad has to have something to stick to) that actually hit right under my c section scar. I got them at Target.

Hope you're all doing well and hanging in there! Daphne was 3 weeks old yesterday. Shes a sweetie. We went on a few outings last weekend and she did well. I'm doing good also and healing up nicely.

-Ashley
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    Ashley - So good to hear from you and that you and Daphne are doing well. :) Can't believe she's already 3 weeks!
    I bought some big granny panties at Wal-Mart, 3 pack for $2, but am thinking I want something a little less granny'ish. lol I just didn't know how big the pads would be. Speaking of the pads, how long will we need to be wearing the huge diaper'ish ones? Does the hospital provide enough of those or should we have some extra absorbent ones on hand? I bought some high absorbency night-time ones the other day, but am wondering if I'll need those. I'm assuming I will.

I only bought one pair of black lounge pants for the hospital. You think that's enough? I don't want to over-buy on stuff I won't need. I still need to buy some nursing bras and tanks too.
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Ashley - So good to hear from you and that you and Daphne are doing well. :) Can't believe she's already 3 weeks!
    I bought some big granny panties at Wal-Mart, 3 pack for $2, but am thinking I want something a little less granny'ish. lol I just didn't know how big the pads would be. Speaking of the pads, how long will we need to be wearing the huge diaper'ish ones? Does the hospital provide enough of those or should we have some extra absorbent ones on hand? I bought some high absorbency night-time ones the other day, but am wondering if I'll need those. I'm assuming I will.

I only bought one pair of black lounge pants for the hospital. You think that's enough? I don't want to over-buy on stuff I won't need. I still need to buy some nursing bras and tanks too.

Kristy-

I purchased 1 pair of black lounge pants and 1 pair of blue/grey ones. 2 nurshing tops to match and I plan on packing one more pair of regular PJs that I'm wearing right now. Right? I think that's enough??? As far as pads - I'm wondering that myself. I haven't purchased any and I'm wondering if I need to buy the granny panties too- don't have any of those...BLAH! Can't prego women have cute stuff too?? Bad enough I feel like a Buluga whale- must I look like one too??
  • DeniseGdz
    Options

Denise, maybe TMI but I am typically a thong girl. At the hospital they gave me large, loose, gauze like boy short type disposable things to wear. I could have taken excess home but I had purchased some low cotton briefs (that huge pad has to have something to stick to) that actually hit right under my c section scar. I got them at Target.

Hope you're all doing well and hanging in there! Daphne was 3 weeks old yesterday. Shes a sweetie. We went on a few outings last weekend and she did well. I'm doing good also and healing up nicely.

-Ashley

Ashley, I'm definitely going to have to ask my doctor about it. He told me that for "young" women he only does what they call the "Britney Spears cut" which is no more than 3 inches long and right above my pubic bone. He said with time it'll shrink and on some people you can't even see it.

meanwhile- I'm wondering if I stick to my bikinni's and wear that gosh awful pad, if it'll hit right at the scar line? I don't want it rubbing.....
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    AFM: had a bit of a pitty party for myself last night. Never ended up going for my walk which was frustrating and the hubs asked if I wanted to go out with friends for dinner and I had zero desire. I just feel like none of my clothes fit anymore and I am way too stubborn to buy anything at this point. So I definitely sulked and ate pizza and a big dessert which I am not proud of…but today is totally a new day and I am feeling like I got it out of my system. Just need to bear with the closet for a little longer then its yoga pants and comfy tee’s for this maternity leave momma!!!

Oooo...I so hear you on the pity party train!! I'm having one of those days today! But we are all pretty close to our due date- just a few more days/ weeks for some of us!! Hang in there ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • jchecca
    Options

-Ashley

thank you darlin and so good to hear from you!!! i cant believe Daphne is 3 weeks!!!! glad you're healing up well!!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Quick check in...

Turn 39 weeks today and came back from doctor's appointment: 3 cm, 60%, -1. Non-stress test on the baby is great, 2 contractions during 20 min test. Measured 37 cm. Still progressing, still waiting game, still hanging here (like some of you).

45KSm6.png
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello again! I ended up taking 2 pair of "old" lounge pants and 1 "nice" pair. I wore 1 old pair most of the time and the nice pair on the day we went home. I took 2 nursing tanks and a couple regular cotton tanks, a couple tshirts and a couple cotton comfy bras. Remember the bras if you dont have tanks with built in bras or wind up like me the 2nd (?) night. I slept braless in a regular tank and woke up drenched in milk. Gotta wear the pads! I was at the hospital 3.5 days and got by on 2 pair of pants, 2 nursing tanks and a couple regular ones. Oh, and a jacket. Our room was very temperature sensitive so it was either too hot or too cold. Even now I lounge around the house in the same pair of sweats and one of several nursig tanks or regular tanks with comfy cottom bra I just pull down. They are just straight across the front with cottton (no hooks, etc.) straps. I got them at Walmart. I wear the large and they are a tad too small.

I was in my hospital gown for most of the first day; I can't remember if I slept in it. I think I did, so I didn't have issues with bleeding on my clothes. by the time I put on real clothes, my bleeding was not super heavy and I was using the hospital issued thick, extra long pads, 2 at a time for a couple days (that's what the nurse put on me day 1.) I took those home and used them and then used Always overnight with wings and have just graduated with regular Always. Maybe TMI, but I still have a tiny bit of bleeding. Not sure when that will stop.

My scar is about 4 inches right above my pubic bone. It will not be visible in bikini unless I try to pull off a Kate Upton number. :smile: Not sure how far you all are from your hospitals/birth centers, but we were about 10 minutes so Eric went home every morning to check on our doggie and get us real coffee. We also had tons of visitors who could have stopped by the house for stuff.

Speaking of doggies, ours is doing about as I expected - pretty indifferent but a little protective over Daphne. Every now and again she'll check things out but mostly stays in her room which is very near our den where we spend all day. When my parents were here and sleeping in "her room" she slept in our closet which we used to do all the time until she disliked the steps. Now Eric carries her up every night and we have avoided a couple accidents as she wakes us up if she needs to go out. She has only peed in the house once since Daphne came home but did some weird scent thing. It could have been the result of a UTI as we realized she had one last weekend so we are now medicating her. Overall, Sydney is doing well. :smile:

Gotta go feed the milk monster!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Not much time to post, but I wanted to pop in and say hello! Been busy doing things at home and work this week...got in yoga a few times, but probably won't get much more until next week...we're headed to my parents for the weekend after I leave work today. Still tired all the time, but otherwise feeling good!

Hope you are all well!

Kristin--32 weeks, 2 days
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Morning guys-

had another dr appt yesterday. Nothing new to report. I fell asleep doing the non stress test :embarassed: My dr was actually laughing as he caught me snoring!! :grumble: but all in all we all had a good laugh :laugh:

Nothing new to report. Everything is stable!! Woop Woop!! Finally!!

He did say that he didn't think I needed the granny panites but if it made me feel better to get them. I also told him that I have officially started "leaking" and he told me that I needed to start prepping my boobs in the shower and just make sure to keep some lamisol on hand. Use it as needed but don't go overboard on it (he wants to make sure my body knows to lubricate)

Baby Shower #2 is this weekend. Already had a little bit of family drama and it hasn't even started yet. Looking forward to some good times with family and lots of pictures!!

OOO...and if you are purchasing a BREASTPUMP ask for a perscription from your dr. If you buy it from a PPO provider the perscription will knock off 20-30% off the price. :bigsmile:
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    Thanks for the info Ashley & Denise! I've been stressing about what to take. We are about 30 minutes from the hospital so I don't really want to make Eric go home and get stuff for me. lol I'm thinking I'll just take one pair of lounge pants and 1-2 tanks/bras. I don't want to overdo it. I also plan on taking a couple pair of slide resistant socks. I was showing Eric my list of things to take and he gave me a hard time about taking a razor because he said no more than we should be in the hospital I probably won't need to shave. lol Although, that's if I don't have to have a cesarean and spend more than 1-2 days in the hospital. We'll see on that one.

~Kristy
    35 weeks
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    Denise - "Prepping" your tatas in the shower? What does he mean by that?
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! I was gone most of yesterday, so missed a bunch of posts, so I had to do some reading :)

Denise ~ I didn't realize that other PPOs gave out discounts on breastpumps. I got a "voucher" from mine that gave either a free manual pump or $30 off an electric one. I went w/ the electric one & it ended up being $190 in the end. Still WAY cheaper than any in the store. It was a Medula Advance Pump Tote.

Had my 37 week checkup yesterday. Yay for being full term! Now if he only decides to make an appearance ;) Apparently my doctor starts checking at 39weeks, unless asked otherwise. I figured it didn't hurt anything, so got checked. Nothing. No dilation & he said I may be thinning a bit. He also said that a lot of first-timers don't dilate prior to going into labor? Not sure if that's true or not, but made me feel a little better. Soooo......could be any day. He said "I'll see you at next weeks appt, unless you go into labor!"

As for the hospital bag, so far I have packed a pair of capri yoga pants, will pack (or wear) a long pair of yoga pants, 2 nursing tanks, 1 nursing bra, sweatshirt, undies, socks, slippers, flip flops (if have to shower there), toiletries, a few pads --- nursing & vagina ones (haha), tucks pads (heard they're good for relief after labor), breast lotion, baby book (for footprints), notepad & magazine. I think that's it for the bag. Also planning on bringing my boppy pillow & breastpump (they'll probably stay in the car though). And then of course the baby's diaper bag w/ the usual stuff in it.