BAG END TO RIVENDELL

Options
ViSabbi
ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
458 miles...

Today I plan on walking at least 3 miles which should take me to the plank bridge. If I get lost, I'm really but really not good at this! It seems pretty easy! Who's waiting for me there??

Replies

• d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm only just ahead of you, between the plank bridge and the great road. Travelled 4.2 miles and counting... off to add another 1.9miles as walking to meet my fiance from work... see you in Tookland :happy:
  • Tclub
    Tclub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just starting today so I have some catching up to do....I will be following Frodo because that's my dogs name.
  • muffyjog
    Options
    Today, according to (http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html) the map, I've almost gotten to the hedgerows. I'm going to do 7 flights of stairs later this evening (I work on the 7th floor so a co-worker and I walk down, grab a coffee at the local D&D, and walk back up) which I think will make up the difference so that I can "Leave lane, follow hedgerows south."

May be able to sneak in more walking over the weekend to meet you at the bridge tomorrow.
  • muffyjog
    Options
    I am just starting today so I have some catching up to do....I will be following Frodo because that's my dogs name.

Ok, that's awesome.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Entering Crickhollow me..................
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    After my final outing, I'm now up to 6.1 miles. Only 1.5 miles to go before I can look back at the pretty Hobbiton lights :smile:
  • Darklight464
    Darklight464 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just reached the 9 mile mark...started at the beginning of the week when I viewed the link on another discussion. So "Hobbiton is now hidden as slopes rise and fall"
  • ViSabbi
    Options
    Darn! It's certainly quite a walk. I almost reached...the GATE?! Ok, I will try to leave lane, follow hedgerows south by the end of the day. ((Switching my accupedo to miles made me realize that distances were more encouraging while in kilometers lol))
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I punched in 4 miles today, maybe 4.5 (too lazy to run it through the mapping) -- we'll say 4.5, it was an hour and I ran half of it at least so that should be worth 2.5 miles there, then I for sure could walk the last 2 in 30 minutes if I was moving quick (and I was)
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Cross The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland.

I was inspired to go further as this was day one and I knew I would be posting here. I am so glad I used mapmyrun to work out how far. I didnt realise how far I was walking before.

Edited to add 5 miles!
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    I am so happy to report that I walked 4 miles today which would put me just over the Plank Bridge. Don't think I have ever walked this much at one time. Quite an accomplishment for me. This group is really motivating me to try harder and I am loving it! Now I just need to find a poster of the map so I can see my progress.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    put in another 2.75 miles this morning walking to and from breakfast. Kinda sad that I can put in those miles incidentally but had to work to get 4.5 last night.
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options
    Did another 3.8 miles today. Not sure where that leaves me as I cant get the web page to load. I have done 8.8 miles all up in two days.
  • Darklight464
    Darklight464 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have got to the birch grove and stopped off to eat a frugal supper....have been very lazy this weekend! Will make up for it during the week!
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    Well I walked 3 1/2 miles so I can almost look back and see the lights of Hobbiton. Maybe I will get to see them tomorrow.
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    My hubby is on board and had ordered me the map. Cannot wait till I have it....
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm also going from Bag End to Rivendell, but it doesn't look like like my journey (from The Hobbit) is outlined all nice and pretty like the LOTR one.

Yesterday I walked 3.14 miles to make it to camp. The stars were so beautiful!

Today I walked 5.2 miles on my normal walk, then another 1.62 to go do errands (I did not count when I was inside the 2 stores). So I'm still continuing east at a leisurely pace. Not really leisurely though. I'm heading toward Brandywine Bridge, and will be staying at the Bridge Inn. Hopefully I won't need a reservation.
  • JadeRabbit08
    Options
    3 miles today which is 11.8 miles all up.

So far I have traveled through -

Leave Bag End at full dark (ca. 7 p.m.). Go around (W) end, jump hedge.

Go through gate into a lane. Head west.

Leave lane, follow hedgerows south.

Cross The Water on a plank bridge

Cross The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland.

Look back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country.

Hobbiton hidden as slopes rise and fall.

Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper (ca. 10 p.m.).
  • ViSabbi
    Options
    I am so happy to report that I walked 4 miles today which would put me just over the Plank Bridge. Don't think I have ever walked this much at one time. Quite an accomplishment for me. This group is really motivating me to try harder and I am loving it! Now I just need to find a poster of the map so I can see my progress.

Woah that's awesome!! Keep up the good work, we'll get there together!! :)
  • ViSabbi
    Options
    Meh! I forgot my cellphone all weekend and I certainly walked quite a bit Saturday. I know that Friday I Cross The Water on a plank bridge. Starting from there today. My plan: Reach the 7.5 miles mark by reaching Look back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country.