Week 4 - How's It Going?

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hi all :smile:

Week four is finally here. I did my first run of the week. I did my walking at 4.0 mph and my running at 4.5 mph. I completed 1.80 miles in 25 minutes.

I found myself having to focus more on my breathing in order to complete the 5 minute runs without difficulty.
Wishing each of you a great running week.

My weight remained the same last week so I am pushing up my exercise this week,

Replies

• lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good to know, my week 4 is tomorrow
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    What can I say?! I am surprised and proud of myself! I never thought I would be jogging for 5 whole mins. one day but I did it...a few times! I do have to have good music to be able to run without focusing on how much time I have left. My greatest challenge has been keeping up with the constant changes... 1 1/2 mins...5mins...3 mins.. Etc. I've gotten confused and been like..."Wait a minute...when did I have to swap??" But that's ok. It all takes time to adapt and I'm glad to see that my body is adapting very well. :)
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Ely,

I agree trying to keep up with when it is time to start/stop running can be confusing. I decided to not listen to my music because that would just confuse me even more..... Ha Ha Ha.

We are well on our way to the 30 minute of completely running,
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Week 4- I just finished my second run. I decided to use a slight incline on my treadmill. I completed the complete walk:run at 4.0 mph on a 2.0 incline for 2 miles in 30 minutes.

I felt the incline....

Today was the first day I was able to workout twice. I also walked 2 miles at 3.0 in 30 minutes. I have signed up for the miles challenge group so I have a lot of work to do this week .
  • lohitverma
    Options
    Great going, i believe you mentioned you had some knee issues earlier , why not ease yourself in with the incline, start with .5, 1 and then bump it up
    But Kudos to you for completing the run
    Week 4- I just finished my second run. I decided to use a slight incline on my treadmill. I completed the complete walk:run at 4.0 mph on a 2.0 incline for 2 miles in 30 minutes.

I felt the incline....

Today was the first day I was able to workout twice. I also walked 2 miles at 3.0 in 30 minutes. I have signed up for the miles challenge group so I have a lot of work to do this week .
  • lohitverma
    Options
    My Update
    Week 4- Day 1

Get new playlist on ipod - check
    Update C25K Free app on ipod - check - i dont have to think now about the timings etc, a voice in the ear does that :)

Incline 1.0 throughout

Warmup 5 min - 3.5 mph
    Jog 3 min - 4.5 mph
    Walk 1.5 min - 4.2 mph
    Jog 5 min - 5.0 mph
    Walk 2.5 min - 4.2 mph
    Jog 3 min - 5.0 mph
    Walk 1.5 min - 4.2 mph
    Jog 5 min - 5.0 mph
    Cooldown 5 min - 3.5 mph

calories burnt 350
    distance - forgot to note it down :P

Feeling awesome :)
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Great advice. I will try a lower incline with my next run. I do not want to encounter any injuries.
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Good workout. It feels great when you finish....what a feeling.
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Not feeling well but hopefully I will be able to find the energy and strength to do my last run/walk for this week.
  • lohitverma
    Options
    get well soon
    and it will allow us to catch up with you a bit

i finally got my week 4, day 2 run completed today
    went out rather than the treadmill , and was happy to note i was actually jogging and not shuffling along (in my previous +33 pounds mode )

was a good change from the treadmill and plan to mix the runs going forward
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    Not feeling well but hopefully I will be able to find the energy and strength to do my last run/walk for this week.

I hope so too, but if you can't, don't stress it either; You've been doing such an amazing job!! :flowerforyou:

My second run on Wed was by far the best! Today was my third and honestly, I was looking forward to be done! I didn't get much sleep last night and waking up early to jog is not something a body is actually looking forward to do, so I was quite tired.

Overall, I am very happy and I think that, as long as my body permits me, I will never just walk on a treadmill ever again!

Hope you all are having great experiences as well. Have a wonderful weekend, runners!!! :drinker:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    I am back:smile: I feel a little better today and was able to do my last run. I ran at 4.0 and walked at 3.0 for 30 minutes. I completed 1.75 miles. I was a little tired as I am still recovering from this cold.

I plan to move forward to week 5 and will monitor how I am feeling.

Thanks for the well wishes. I missed u all.
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Wow!! You guys are doing AWESOME. I'm still doing the program but at a slower pace so you guys are ahead of me. So when you guys are doing the program, don't worrry, you may not see but I'm still back there!!! LOL I will see you at the finish line!!!