Breathing and running?

Options
jennmoore3
jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
HOW do I get rid of the side stitch? I am doing the C25K program currently running at a 5.0 for a min & 45 at a time. My walk is at a comfortable 4.0. I am naturally a fast paced person. Always have walked fast. I have tried to breathe in for 2 or 4 steps and out for the same. I have tried to let my body just do it, and I still get them. I also love to listen to fast pace music so I can walk to the beat, so I have tried to lip sink the songs to regulate my breathing like singing, but after a while of that the stitch comes back. I have also tried to breathe deeper from my lower lungs as well as from my upper lungs. What do you all suggest? I will try anything!

Replies

• Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    HOW do I get rid of the side stitch? I am doing the C25K program currently running at a 5.0 for a min & 45 at a time. My walk is at a comfortable 4.0. I am naturally a fast paced person. Always have walked fast. I have tried to breathe in for 2 or 4 steps and out for the same. I have tried to let my body just do it, and I still get them. I also love to listen to fast pace music so I can walk to the beat, so I have tried to lip sink the songs to regulate my breathing like singing, but after a while of that the stitch comes back. I have also tried to breathe deeper from my lower lungs as well as from my upper lungs. What do you all suggest? I will try anything!

First of all, I would talk to my doctor about it. Also, have you ever considered starting at a slower pace first? I understand you're naturally a fast-paced person (I am too! :wink:) but sometimes, if you haven't practiced or been consistent with a particular activity (especially a physical one like this one), it may take time for your body to adjust to it. Good luck and please let us know how it turned out for you!