One Million Homophobic Moms

Options
13»

Replies

• Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You know what I wonder about? What kind of people care about a celebrity spokesperson? When was the last time any of you were swayed by a celeb to buy a product? What kind of weak minded crap is this?
    Exactly. No matter the celbrity, it usually turns my off to a product when being pushed by any celebrity (yeah, I sometimes am rebellious).

Personally, I believe sexual actions between people who are not married (and I define marriage as a valid marriage between one man and one woman) are sinful no matter what the genders are. I myself have been sinful in this department and I never have condoned my own actions (incase anyone here wants to call me a hypocrite - I fully believe my actions were sinful, and thought so at the time too). However, banning JCPenney is kind of silly. Frankly, I am getting too tired with all these bans based on this or that. Companies should instead take that money and pay their employees more and use the old, but still good, tool of word-of-mouth to get customers. Then again, I'm somewhat old-fashioned.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Exactly. No matter the celbrity, it usually turns my off to a product when being pushed by any celebrity (yeah, I sometimes am rebellious).

Personally, I believe sexual actions between people who are not married (and I define marriage as a valid marriage between one man and one woman) are sinful no matter what the genders are. I myself have been sinful in this department and I never have condoned my own actions (incase anyone here wants to call me a hypocrite - I fully believe my actions were sinful, and thought so at the time too). However, banning JCPenney is kind of silly. Frankly, I am getting too tired with all these bans based on this or that. Companies should instead take that money and pay their employees more and use the old, but still good, tool of word-of-mouth to get customers. Then again, I'm somewhat old-fashioned.

The thing is, this doesn't really have to do with sex - they uproar is about the fact that Ellen DeGeneres is in love with another woman. She is married to her wife, so really there's no pre-marital sex relations involved.

As for the whole "sanctity of marriage" that they claim to be fighting under, where was OMM when Kim Kardashian divorced after two months of marriage? Apparently, being gay is the only thing that can tarnish the "blessing" of marriage. OMM sounds like a group of women who need to pick up a hobby.
  • Regmama
    Options

The thing is, this doesn't really have to do with sex - they uproar is about the fact that Ellen DeGeneres is in love with another woman. She is married to her wife, so really there's no pre-marital sex relations involved.

As for the whole "sanctity of marriage" that they claim to be fighting under, where was OMM when Kim Kardashian divorced after two months of marriage? Apparently, being gay is the only thing that can tarnish the "blessing" of marriage. OMM sounds like a group of women who need to pick up a hobby.
    Same sex relationships does not equal marriage even if you want to call it that. And I do agree, the same uproar should also be directed to the numerous couples who marry and divorce as if it's like changing one's wardrobe. Many couples have failed to uphold marriage as it is intended and that needs to be addressed too.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Same sex relationships does not equal marriage even if you want to call it that.

Well I suppose one could take the position that a same-sex relationship doesn't equal a marriage by default. You could say the same thing about a relationship between a man and a women where the couple isn't married.

If what you're doing is working under the premise that same-sex relationships cannot ever be marriages because it doesn't fit into your view of marriage as dictated by your religious beliefs, it would be appreciated if you'd qualify your statement instead making it sound as if it's a universal truth.

I'm married to another man. Hence, same-sex relationships can equal marriages even if they don't do so in all cases.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Same sex relationships does not equal marriage even if you want to call it that. And I do agree, the same uproar should also be directed to the numerous couples who marry and divorce as if it's like changing one's wardrobe. Many couples have failed to uphold marriage as it is intended and that needs to be addressed too.

If they're a same-sex couple that has been legally granted a marriage license, then actually yeah, they are marriages.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Ellen is actually married to a woman. Just wanted to point that out. lol
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I love it when bigots try to use the "You're being intolerant of my beliefs." If I'm intolerant of intolerance, that is a-okay with me!
  • Regmama
    Options
    I love it when bigots try to use the "You're being intolerant of my beliefs." If I'm intolerant of intolerance, that is a-okay with me!
    Then don't claim you are tolerant when you clearly aren't.
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    this thread just got glitter bombed
    glitter-bomb.gif
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Being tolerant means I'm OK with you having your beliefs. It does not mean that I'm OK with you imposing your beliefs onto myself and others.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Being tolerant means I'm OK with you having your beliefs. It does not mean that I'm OK with you imposing your beliefs onto myself and others.

Exactly.
  • zenshe
    zenshe Posts: 14
    Options
    QUOTE:

"I want to troll the one million moms FB page soooo bad."

"I did last night and then they blocked me. I also went to their main website and they had a spot where you can email them about offensive things so I emailed them about them laugh"

WOO-HOO! BRILLIANT!! BRAVO!! My hero❥ TY
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Yeah, how awful of me to be against bigots. Burn me at the stake for disliking people who are intolerant of homosexuals and want to impose their religious opinions on all of society and make them into laws. Sue me for being against people who openly (and secretly) discriminate against other human beings.