Introductions.

Options
MPwife10
MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
wanted to have a place for us all to introduce ourselves.

My name is Karena. I am 23 years old and have 2 beautiful little girls. Been married to my husband since 2008 and are currently going through a deployment. I have been on MFP since the end of July and started the 30 Day Shred 4 days ago.

Replies

• nesstle
    Options
    Good idea!

Hi all im vanessa, 26 from lil ol new zealand. Ive been activly on mfp since jan this year, and just on day 5 of the shred.
    After some soul searching..ive decide Im looking to change my body and get it fit and strong again, i dont just want to be thin,i feel more pride in my strength.

Add me as a friend if youd like, im posting daily updates of the workouts, and they are getting "easier" i still hate the push ups, but the feeling afterwards is the best !
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm Michelle from near Aberdeen in Bonnie Scotland!!! I joined MFP last year, but didn't really use it much till the beginning of this year.

I've also just done day 5 of level 1! I am intending on doing it Mon - Fri and taking the weekends off!! The only part of Level 1 I dont like are the Jumping Jacks!!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! My name is Mary, I'm 24, & I live in New Jersey, USA. I'm getting married in November so recently I have gotten interested in getting fit and shedding a few pounds for the wedding. I lost some weight back in 2008 but now that I have a desk job, weight has slowly been creeping back on. I'm not overweight, but I want to make sure I stay that way (so easy to gain when you have a desk job and go home and do nothing every day!). I'd also just like to get stronger and more fit. I have a small frame so though I'm in the "healthy" range for my height (5'8) I feel like I look chubbier than someone else the same height & weight as me... so I'd like to get to a weight that makes me more comfortable. :)

Today will be day 7, level 1 for me. I'm determined to see the program through! I'm going to try to get through all 30 days with no breaks if I can. :) Good luck to all!
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lisa I'm 27 from Boston, MA. I had my first baby last september and put on more than baby weight! My husband is a firefighter and I became a stay at home mom after 4 years of working as an EMT and finished business school during my pregnancy. I had weight issues back in high school and lost 60 lbs from dieting alone but this time around I'm doing it the right way, diet AND exercise. So far I've lost 60 lbs from the day before my daughter was born to today.

I started the 30 Day Shred February 1st (unfortunately I became lazy this week and missed 3 days) Currently I'm on Level 2 and scared to move on to Level 3!! I have 35 lbs to go!!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on level 2, officially the 2nd time I've done it (I did a practice run so have attempted it 3 times). lol

Struggling with the twist things but other than that I'm sweating my way through relatively well. lol

I'm 40, 180-181lbs not losing for the last 5 months and rubbish at 'dieting' so am trying to learn to eat 'normally' but within my calories. I recently up'd these to test the theory of my not eating 'enough' at 1200 and not eating my exercise cals.

I also enjoy belly dancing and when my confidence is around horse riding - I have my own horse but winter and low confidence have cuased my saddle to gather dust since Oc.t

I've got 3 lovely girls and 1 lovely hubby. Oh and I'm a full time student living in the UK. :wink:
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Aubrey, I'm 24 years old from Georgia. I have been married to my husband since May 2011 and we have a 4 year old son. I have been on and off MFP for a while now, but I think it's time to get serious! Today I completed day 5 of 30DS level 1. For some reason days 4 & 5 have been tougher than the others...I just want to turn it off or keep stopping for water. I get so winded. I do manage to complete the whole 27 minutes and feel great afterwards, but it is so tough to complete. I've heard that it gets easier for people around day 4 or 5, so why is it not getting easier for me!? I am, however obese for my height, I'm about 5'1" and weigh around 183-185, and I'm not very active other than when I'm exercising. I'm really trying to stick to it and lose weight this time around! About a month after I had my son I got Mirena (IUD birth control) and it has made me gain sooo much weight, I've never been this heavy, not even at 9 months pregnant. After 4 years of having Mirena and going through the roller coaster that it puts you on, I am finally going to have it removed in a few weeks after our family vacation. It is very hard to lose weight on Mirena, but I wanted to get a head start at eating a little better and exercising. Please feel free to add me and hopefully we can all motivate each other!! :smile:
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Aubrey, I'm 24 years old from Georgia. I have been married to my husband since May 2011 and we have a 4 year old son. I have been on and off MFP for a while now, but I think it's time to get serious! Today I completed day 5 of 30DS level 1. For some reason days 4 & 5 have been tougher than the others...I just want to turn it off or keep stopping for water. I get so winded. I do manage to complete the whole 27 minutes and feel great afterwards, but it is so tough to complete. I've heard that it gets easier for people around day 4 or 5, so why is it not getting easier for me!? I am, however obese for my height, I'm about 5'1" and weigh around 183-185, and I'm not very active other than when I'm exercising. I'm really trying to stick to it and lose weight this time around! About a month after I had my son I got Mirena (IUD birth control) and it has made me gain sooo much weight, I've never been this heavy, not even at 9 months pregnant. After 4 years of having Mirena and going through the roller coaster that it puts you on, I am finally going to have it removed in a few weeks after our family vacation. It is very hard to lose weight on Mirena, but I wanted to get a head start at eating a little better and exercising. Please feel free to add me and hopefully we can all motivate each other!! :smile:
  • Jsimonsfam
    Jsimonsfam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenna from Ohio. I am waiting on delivery of my 30ds. I am a happy wife and mother. I got married the year after I graduated high school so this July makes 8 years! :O) We have 2 kids almost 4 and 2. I have been stuggling to lose for 2 years now. I go through phases of eating well and excercising like a maniac to eating whatever I want and excercising. So I have done a lot of maintaining..... I am just about 5 8' and 182. I am pretty curvy thanks to my height.
    I ran a 5k today in 34 min 30 seconds. I work out 4 days a week really hard, its just so hard for me to lose weight. :sad:
    I am hoping to get serious again (with all of your support, and Jillian) and knock off the ast 18 ish lbs.
  • jayanne0907
    jayanne0907 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jayanne from NY, I'm 47 and have a wonderful husband of 26 years and to kids age 22 and 23. I have struggled with my weight all of my life, I think I was born a size 16!! Anyways, other than birth:laugh: I have only seen that size one other time and that was the Christmas after my daughter (22) was born when I had lost 97 lbs. Then slowly gained it back. So now I am on a mission and am not just interested in shedding this weight, I am committed! I am on day 9 of Level 1 of the Shred. My endurance has increased so much and it feels wonderful!! I struggle with the jumping jacks because of a knee injury but I have modified them (even though I am not 400 lbs) I do think that I am going to stick with level one til either my weight or inches lost plateau... In my first week I lost 5 lbs doing the shred, after staying the same weight all of January.
  • emberin
    emberin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Erin from Virginia! I seem to have hit a plateau in my journey and think this would help. I've noticed that the weight is coming off my upper body well, but not budging on the bottom half. I am also seeing flabbiness on the upper half. I used to have toned and muscled arms and back and now they aren't. I want that changed. I'm hoping my measurements improve doing the 30ds. My dvd should arrive tomorrow. So excited to start!
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Ana and I am from Texas. I have read a lot about 30DS and I am very interested in starting this program. I found a link on YouTube which has Level 1 on there for free. I am a bit on the fence about this work out from the varying reviews I have read about it. I still want to try it to see if it works for me before I commit to purchasing the DVD. Either way I am excited to see if I experience similar success to those I have read about.

I have been at this weight loss journey for years now with a big push that started in 2009 (lost about 70 lbs) then fizzled out. I am 35 this November (touch wood) and I want to be rid of an additional 40 lbs on or before then. I am committed to my diet, logging everything and making exercise a frequent part of my week.

I look forward to getting to know you all and seeing our collective success on 30DS and MOST importantly, our OVERALL weight loss. May it be good, healthy and PERMANENT!!! :bigsmile:
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm Nadia from Nottingham, England. I'm married, 32 this year (June) and have a 2 year old boy.

I'm starting Day 1 of 30 Day Shred tonight. I got Jillian's collect box set Thursday last and have done 2 days of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (BFBM) so I'm feeling a bit sore after 2 days off. I'm going to alternate between 30DS and BFBM 5 days a week, and have 2 rest days.

I've been with MFP for a good few years but only recently focused on it, I have logged in for something like 62 days in a row :D Before I started Jillian's work outs I worked out 5 nights a week alternating between 45 minutes of a Kettlebell workout DVD (Kettlenetics) and a 1 hour cardio / aerobics workout DVD.

I'm super excited to try 30DS, I tried the level 1 workout off YouTube before buying and it was good :D Feel free to add me!
  • Rivka007
    Rivka007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Becky and I'm 44... I live in Catonsville, MD and am married with two daughters, ages12 and 14. I am lucky to have a job with flexible hours now, so I can focus on getting rid of the 15 pounds that I piled on during the last few years when I was working full-time and going to school part-time. The older I get the harder it is to take weight off and the easier, it seems, to gain it! I find this DVD challenging but I feel great when I'm done and have the energy to get through the rest of the day. I am also focusing on eating healthy. I am a vegetarian, but that usually means lots of carbs for me, and pre-packaged tofkit's helping me lose weight along with the exercise. I'm staying away (mostly) from pre-made or packaged foods, which has significantly decreased my sodium intake. I'm also drinking more water. I'm so happy to have found this site!