What Is your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• seapard
    seapard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'11". I did weight watchers a few years ago and got down to 155 but being fit had nothing to do with it. My goal is 140 - 145, but I'm curious what 150 will look like after I've been holding myself to a fitness routine.
  • lizaiza79
    lizaiza79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'9" and my goal weight is 145. I was 159 before I had my baby last year, and did not look overweight, but I was definitely not fit. I am 171 as of today - still 12 more pounds of baby weight before I can knock off the last 15!
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So, I'm definitely one of the shortest of the group @ 5' 8.5", but my ultimate Angels singing the chorus in my ears as I look in the mirror goal is 135.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am 6 foot and currently at 300 pounds my doctor said he wants me at 175 but my goal weight has always been 185! The last time I weighed that I was 13!
  • Dorianlg
    Dorianlg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm a smidge over 5'10 with wide shoulders and DDD boobs. With the amount of muscle I'd like to maintain, I can't imagine I'd ever get under 160. The goal is to get under 170 and then TONE TONE TONE TONE and be whatever weight I end up being. I want to be able to shop anywhere, and bring less weight down on my knees when I run. I'm about 187 right now and my belly is terrifying. However, considering I have extra skin leftover from weighing 270, I'm uncertain how toned/normal it will ever appear.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8.5 and started losing when i was 167. am down to 130 and was curious how 125 would feel but my body doesn't want to do it so i'm not forcing. i've lost most of my fat, and my boobs went from big Ds to big As and they're droopy as all get out, which is annoying but i'll take it. now i'm working on building up muscle, so i'm expecting to even out around 132ish. it's weird to feel small. some things are more noticeable now so that takes some getting used to.
  • marciasauls
    marciasauls Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group today. My ideal weight is between 160 and 165. The lightest I can remember being is 145, WAY back in high school. I'm Just under 6', and currently weigh in (as of this morning) at 213.5. I'm down 6 pounds in 5 weeks. Being over 50, I've found it's so much harder to lose weight than it used to be. I mean, SO MUCH HARDER! So I've set my goal at 1 pound a week. If I can maintain that, then that's 52 pounds in a year, right? I'll take it. Would love to have some friends on the site to offer encouragement. :flowerforyou:
  • Hikaru001
    Options
    I'm 6ft. and my goal weight is 180. I came by this number because I read somewhere that it would put me at a healthy BMI. If, no I mean WHEN I reach 180, I will probably set a new goal for myself, maybe 165 or so. Since I'm so tall I don't wanna be too thin and lose all my curves :wink:
  • kweenmary
    kweenmary Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall and my goal is 185. I weighed 168 on my wedding day, 20 years ago. I weigh 235 now, at 46 years old. My weight has been yo-yoing over the past few years as I deal with lots of stress, a habit of overeating, and 3 teenage kids. I am lucky in that I love to exercise and compete, 2 years ago I completed a triathlon (weighed about 210 then) and want to do one this June.
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and I'm working my way down to around 180ish. I have a large bone structure and the skinniest I remember being was 175 and I looked good not skinny, but healthy. I actually like my curves, but I don't like being this curvy. I'm at 256 right now.
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall. When I get in the 160s I know it's time to lose weight because my clothes don't fit. 150 is a pretty realistic weight for me, although I think I look pretty damn good at 145 so that's what I'm aiming for. The least I remember weighing at my current height was 140 when I was in high school.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my first goal is just to get under 200 lbs. I'm 250 now. I've bounced all around the 200s since I was 19 with my highest being about 265. Not sure about my ideal weight, I think I weighed about 190 in high school but I was heavy. My first drivers license said 180 so let's see if I can make it there then reevaluate!
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and at my heaviest I weighed 155. Currently weighing in at 141 and would love to get closer to the 130 that I was just two years ago when I was really taking good care of myself. I felt good then! Hawaii in October and would love to sport a bikini again!
  • TheLexB
    Options
    I'm 6'4 and my first goal is to get under 300lbs.. I was 313 three weeks ago and now I am 305. Step 1 is to get to 280.. From there 250.. And then down to 220. 220 is what I weighed when I was an athlete and that size was amazing for me. Wish me luck guys!! It is hard work.
  • JLesk
    JLesk Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 5'11 and i currently weigh 206, My ideal weight is in the 150's - 160's
  • melt57
    melt57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and i currently weigh 206, My ideal weight is in the 150's - 160's

Hey, you're just about my MFP twin!

I'm 5'11" and currently at 202 lbs. I was at 185 as recently as last summer using MFP, but I fell off the wagon during the holidays! My initial goal was 175. I was in the 140s back in college when I was a swim instructor, but my husband claims I was way too skinny... I guess in the end I will be happy with 175, but may try for 150s-160s.

Its so helpful to see what everyone's goals are, because I find it impossible to judge if my weight is good.
  • LENNJAM
    LENNJAM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my ideal wight is 175....I am not sure I will ever see that though...My goal is 190.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I think I'm aiming for somewhere around 145-155. No heavier than 160!:smile:
  • andigurl513
    Options
    I'm 6'1". I was down to about 205 right before I got pregnant and looked and felt fantastic. I'm 229 now, and hoping to lose another 20ish pounds. Charts say I should be 180 something, but I've never been under 200 as an adult.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 with a large body frame (7.5 inch wrist currently; 11-12 W or WW shoes). My current goal weight is set to 175. However, my first large goal is to reach 200.

I found this site that takes into account frame and height: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html.

According to that site I've set my ultimate goal of 175 a bit too low, so I'll reevaluate as I get closer.