Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How is everyone doing?

aklitten
aklitten Posts: 237 Member
I just wanted to check in with everyone to find out about our progress. As for me, I have backed away from the scale because I have found that in the past month my body is really changing in terms of my strength, endurance and just general composition but the scale's not moving a lot. I have dropped 2 pants sizes in 3 months and I am generally feeling much better about myself. Sure, I've lost 20 pounds in 3 months but I'm not even sure if my goal weight is realistic.

Where are YOU in your journey?

Replies

• psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    I'm the opposite, the scale is moving but I don't think I look much different than I did 15lbs ago. I'm still very flabby even though I'm not overweight anymore. I guess I just have a 'soft' body. My heaviest weight was 210lbs so I think I may be stuck with the flabbyness and loose skin no matter how much I lose.
    I've lost 14lbs since Christmas, I have 12 to go and my goal weight is 133 lbs. Not sure if that's realistic as I haven't been under 10 stone (140lbs) since I was a teenager. I'm now 40.

Well done on dropping the sizes :flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    I started working out about a month ago. I'm losing some inches and clothes are fitting better, but the scale has not moved a lot. I just increased my calorie goal because I think I was not eating enough to go with the increased activity level.
  • i have been stuck in the 190-195 range for what seems like forever .. i try to do 5 pounds a month. 190 was my goal for January the 14. Unfortunately i did not make it but even a month later im strugging to get there.i lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks by eating right(with no serious cheatdays) and faithfully workin out. I weighed in yesturday to today and it said i gained the 3 pounds back! Overnight! .. im gettin discouraged and though i wont stop i am beginning to feel a little hopeless. My goal is to get to 175 and comin from 207 im halfway there. I feel like i just get hungrier and im getting tired with the workouts. Any tips for workouts or healthy snack foods or anything at all , feel free to share! (:
  • deksgrl
    What is your calorie goal? The gain could be water retention or TOM.
  • Hey ladies I have about umm 15 lbs to go!! I could use the support. I am currently walking/jogging and runnning abt 45 mins 5 days a week and doing the Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels just started that a few days ago because I wasn't having much result with just my treadmill. Any tips? Do you eat your exercise calories back or at least some of them? Any thing would be great!!
  • deksgrl
    If your calorie goals are set by MFP, then yes, eat your calories back. MFP sets you at a big enough deficit that you will lose weight without exercise. If you are exercising, then you need to eat them back or risk having too much of a deficit.
  • What is MFP?
  • deksgrl
    This website.
  • Oh ok lol thanks!
  • my calorie goal is 1480
  • deksgrl
    my calorie goal is 1480

You could probably eat more and still lose. Do you have MFP set to lose 2 pounds a week? If so, I would change it to 1 pound and see if that helps kick start things.
  • I have it set to 1.5 pounds a week , should i still lower it?
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    I'm doing alright too.. I too decided not to focus on the scale... the number is tripping me out, so I am doing it based on body size. So I am continuing to move forward with my progress and update the weight next week... I have to weigh -in i'm in the Biggest loser at work so I miss a week and weigh-in a week.
  • incfighters
    incfighters Posts: 18 Member
    Glad to hear everyone is doing alright! MFP has been good at changing my lifestyle, and I've gotten it to a point where I can maintain my weight without calculating everything. The only problem is, I've been maintaining for about 2 months, and I'm only 5 pounds away from my initial goal. I just don't know what I need to motivate me more! I know it sounds silly, but I'm really having trouble just sticking with the counting lately. Do you guys have any suggestions on ways to motivate yourself?
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    I am doing well. I'm on week 7 Day 1 of Couch to 5K. Jogging for 25 minutes without stopping was a dream, now a reality and I love it. I have increased my calories to 1200-1300 Net and include a cheat day every once a while. The scale started moving in the right direction. 11 pounds away from my 1st goal of 145. I will probably make another goal of 135 once I hit my 1st one. Stay with it everyone, this is a life change not a race. :)
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    I am 1/2 a pound from my goal now:) It has been a slow journey, but worth the wait.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    I'm 25, 5'0" & have been on mfp for 35 days & lost 11lbs. I got 24lbs to go til I hit a healthy bmi. Then ill just go from there. I've been a yo to dieter my whole life & am ready to get healthy for myself & my family. Everyone feel free to add me & wish me luck!