Significant Others

Options

Replies

• naseak
    naseak Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tonnina, tallteacher and I are the ONLY ones with "shorties" for significant others?
    Really?!?!?
    That surprises me for some reason.
    What DOESN'T surprise me is the fact that my hubby and I have the greatest height difference (with the man shorter, the woman taller).
    He's at least 4 1/2 inches shorter. We look like this (I'm barefoot in the picture and so is my son, who is only 9 but is already close to 5' tall):
    AyersFamily.jpg

My Hubby is 5'6" our son past him in height before he turned 10 he is now 14 and 6"1' with some growing left to do.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 6`and my husband is 6`8". I danced with a short guy in junior high, a slow dance, and his face was in my chest, I was mortified, that song seemed to last for an eternity. I never looked at a short guy again after that experience. Plus my Dad is 6`10" and I wanted someone tall like him!

Junior high was the only time I was ever popular, for exactly this reason! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is my first post here on this board!

And I have a shorty! I am 5ft11, always dated taller men, was married to someone 6 ft 1...

Then I met my husband. 5ft 9. AND he's a nurse! LOL

His body is so perfect and compact and muscular and he's the sweetest man ever, spoils me rotten. He loves that I am tall, encourages me to wear heels (although i am slightly self conscious about the height difference).

I think that height really doesn't matter, that your heart just falls in love!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, and my hubby says he's 5'11 hehe but I think 5'10 is closer to the truth :)
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    I've only ever dated men shorter than me. I'm surprised more people here haven't. Tall decent men are impossible to come by around here, so it seems.
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I joined this group just to answer this question...I mean I was going to join anyway but I had to post on this right now...lol

I am 5' 9 and hubby is 5' 6, he has an identical twin and his wife is 5' 11, his older brother is 5' 4 and his wife is 5'8. It's simple they know how to treat their women and they are great fathers...

I used to have a rule to never date a man shorter than me...I laugh at that now because who might I have ended up with narrowing down my options like that...

I love my shorty and he loves me and to someone who said they feel like they would have to protect a man shorter than them...not if you had mine...lol...he is very protective and will ground men twice his height in seconds over me or his children...lol
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and he's 6'3.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I would not call my hubby a shorty at 5'8", but I am a little more than two inches taller than he is. He likes that I am tall and doesn't have a shorty complex (my first blind date was with I guy who was 4 inches shorter and I got a taste of severe shorty complex, never let my brother set me up ever again.)
  • FitSuperwoman
    Options
    Im 5'11 and my BF is 6'11 and we met on Twitter lol. He thinks I shouldnt lose weight..but i understand that to HIM I am a small person lol..but to everyone else IM the giant!
  • Manyclassicmoments
    Options
    I just joined your group! I'm 5' 9" & my hubby's 6'7". I could wear heels without towering over him if I wanted, but have a bad ankle so I can't (such a bummer). My ex was an inch shorter than me, but I mostly dated tall guys before marring this tall drink of water, haha!
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    I'm 6'. Hubby claims he's 6'1" but I feel like he's a little bit taller... when I wear heels we generally see eye to eye. We met through my ex boyfriend.... they were shooting buddies. Whoops! But, here we are almost 3 years later and wonderfully happy newlyweds :D
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and he is 6'5.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm 6' and my husband is 6'3. Perfect for me. FYI: My best friend is 5' and her boyfriend is 6'7. Crazy.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and my husband is 6'3. I'm from Grand Rapids too - and about as Dutch as you can get! I'm actually the shortest one in my family. I have a 12 year old boy who is about 5'10". Sorry girls . . . too young to date!
  • monala09
    monala09 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to find a tall guy for me...guess Ill just keep on waiting :(
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and my hubby is 5'10''. I love heels... but I never get to wear them. He loves it when I wear them too, just not in public, LOL!
    For our wedding, I had to wear really small heels. I hate that because I used to take such pride in being able to walk around in 4-5'' heels. I love my hubby, even if he considers himself a shorty. (I disagree. He isn't tall, but he isn't short)
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One of the shorter guys I dated in high school loved it when I wore heels, even though I was a good 5-6'' taller than him with them. When I told him it just seemed weird, he said "What man wouldn't want to be with an Amazonian Goddess?"
    Good answer.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my husband is 5'11". Married for 10 years.
  • angebrun
    angebrun Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'7.5 or so, and I'm 5'9. To be honest, I'm a little self conscious about it, but I'm more self conscious that we look like Jack Sprat in his wife- he weights somewhere around 170 pounds- I was over 100 pounds heavier than him at one point.
  • angebrun
    angebrun Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I wore ballerina slippers to our wedding!

Me too!