Life's New Journey Get To Know You Questions???

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello Everyone,
As you all know I was away on holidays for a week and have been back for a week which was not a good week. I could not get motivated to get back on the wagon. I did not exercise and did not eat real well either.

This morning I have been reading lots of forums and figured it was time to get serious again. In saying that, I think it is also time to get to know everybody in the group. I have some pretty basic questions that will help us move forward. All answers are voluntary.

1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live.
2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP
3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using
4. What is your daily routine
5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post)
6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you
7. Do you want mini challenges?
8. Any other information you might think we need to know.

You are all wonderful.

Replies

• luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to answer the questions.

1. I am 44 (45 next week), married for 24 years, 2 boys (21 and 19), live in Alberta, Canada
    2. Present weight is 173 and have been on MFP since Jan 2011
    3. Goal weight is 160 and am presently doing 1400 calories a day with cardio exercise 4-5 days a week
    4. My daily routine is up at 5:30, drive 45 minutes to work, work 7:30-4:30, drive 45 minutes home, make and eat supper, workout for 1 hr 7:00pm, shower or bath, bed to watch TV or read at 9:30.
    5. I log in both places but use my phone more. Sucks that I can't read forums on my phone.
    6. Have always weighed in on Monday but open to any day cause I weigh myself every day (slaps hand)
    7. Don't care either way about mini challenges
    8. Just want to let everyone know that the support I get from reading and talking to everybody here is the key to my success and Good Luck to Everyone.
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna

1. I am 27 (28 in April), been married for 3.5 years and no children. I live in Glasgow, Scotland.
    2. Present weight is 132 and have been on MFP since August 2011
    3. My goal weight is 129 and I am presently doing 1270 cals per day and trying to do cardio 2-3 times a week.
    4. My daily routine is up at 6.30am, drive 30 mins to work. I'm a teacher so I work 8-4 then drive home 30 mins, do some school work or gym, have a late dinner around 7.30-8pm and then watch tv with my husband :)
    5. I log in both places but also use my phone more. Sometimes I read the forums on my phone through it's internet app.
    6. Since doing Donna's challenge, Monday is my offical weigh in day. I check my weight on a Thursday to see my progress but don't usually record it.
    7. I don't do the mini challenges (sorry!!) so i'm not fussed.
    8. Having all my monthly life journey people as my friends on MFP has definately made a difference as they constantly leave little messages of support and encouragement! Thanks guys!!

Heather x
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Hi!

1. I am 41, have been married for 14.5 years. Have three children (12, 10 and 6). I am originally from the UK (Hampshire) but have been living in Mali, West Africa for the past 15 years.
    2. Present weight is 186 lbs. First joined MFP in about April last year, but only lasted about a month and then went AWOL for about 6 months! Came back in October 2011, restarted, and have been working at this seriously since then.
    3. My goal weight is 150 lbs. Currently exercising 6 times a week (strength and circuit training 4 times a week for about 35 minutes, and cardio for 45 minutes 2 x a week). MFP has me on 1250 cals per day. (Hence my need to boost it with exercise calories!)
    4. My daily routine is NOT regular. Up at 6.30am. Kids have gone off to school and husband to work by 7.30am, and then I get my exercise in. Then I work from home most of the time (translation work - online mostly) but sometimes oral translation at events, or I do admin/accouting work for my husbands project, or am I travelling for work with the lawyers association I work for. Rarely one day the same as another! If here, Kids and husband home for lunch from 12.45 - 2.45 (hot country therefore siesta time!) Afternoons vary with work as in morning, or twice a week homeschool in English with my kids (taught in French at school here). All done by 6pm - dinner by 7pm and then relax!
    5.Only on computer. Don't possess a fancy phone! Wouldn't work here anyway :-)
    6. Mondays is my official weigh-in day - helps me keep on track a bit over the weekends. This has always been my problem, so I like the accountability of a Monday weigh-in. (However, i have to admit to the same fault as Donna - and I normally weigh myself most days so could change my weigh-in if the majority wanted to!)
    7. I sometimes do the mini challenges. Depends how motivated I feel on my own! Sometimes need the prod of a challenge from others!
    8. I love MFP and all the support and encouragement I have found here too :-)

Ali x
  • emyback68
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Eileen.

1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live.: Age 43 (almost 44!), 1 son Michael who is 10, 2 steps sons Brian and Daniel -- off at college. We live in Bloomington, Illinois.
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP. SW almost a year ago at 154, currently about 140-141.
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using. Goal weight is135. Exercise daily, count calories.
    4. What is your daily routine. Wake-up at 5am, workout 530- 645. Drop son off at school. Work from home.
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post). Computer.
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you. I hate Monday weigh-ins because my weight is always more, but it probably keeps me behaving better on the weekend.
    7. Do you want mini challenges? Sure!
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know. I am a binge eater.
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, married with 3 kids, 8,4 and 6 months, live in Worcestershire in the uk

Currently 196 pounds and I've been on MFP for 6 months.

183 lbs then I will review. I'm on 1740 cals a day, trying to exercise 3 days a week. I always eat any calories gained from exercise which is an incentive!

9 to 5 job up early to get the kids ready, can't exercise until they are in bed around 7:30 which is sometimes hard.

5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post)

Both but mainly phone.

Don't care

Not really, I just like the group support

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

- 20 in April, living with my boyfriend of 5 years, no children, Saskatchewan, Canada.

- 150 or so right now. I started MFP at 135, went off the pill and gained weight then stuff happened (boyfriend's mom passed away, etc) and gained more. Been here since July last year? Or somewhere around that time.

- Goal weight is 120 right now. Diet is just eating healthy and exercise is non existent right now. Have a very active job that leaves me sore and tired every day (just started full time last week) so wanting to wait until body gets used to job before working out. Don't' want to burn myself out.

- Don't have one right now. My work schedule varies from starting work at 7am, 12pm or 8pm and ranging from 3.5 hours to 12 hours with one OR two shifts in a day.

- Don't have a phone that I can use for this so computer.

- Right now not weighing in. Trying to take measurements instead but job has me completely wonky and keep forgetting to do either.

- I love mini challenges however at this point in time I can't do them. I have mini challenges from other groups but I'm not doing them right now. Any time off work I try to get housework done and I don't want to do much for working out because as it is my back has been a bit sore ever since I started work (Feb 1st) from the constant work and my arms/shoulders get a really good workout and I can't afford to workout outside of work and have it wear me out before my job.

- Don't think so.
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    33, married for 11 years, 3 kids (6, 5, &9mo), from PA

152, started seriously in Jan 2012

approx 130, for diet--Tracking holds me accountable of portion and snacking :) try to do lots of protein and leave room for my sweet tooth, right now I'm doing Zumba and ChaLean Extreme

I'm a stay at home mom with a 9mo old and a preschooler...no routine except getting my first grader on and off the bus on time! I usually exercise after they are all in bed.

computer only

Any day

I usually do not do them, (keep busy w/ my exercise routine, don't have time/energy to add more to it!) although challenges like 5 servings of veggies/ more water would probably work.

• bluangelz
    bluangelz Posts: 33 Member
    Options

1. I am 52, married for 11 1/2 years. I have 2 stepsons ages 17 and 14. I also have a daughter who passed away 31 years ago. I live in Pinellas Park Florida.

2. 146 lbs. I have been on MFP for 6 months

3. 125 lbs. I am trying to eat healthy foods. We have cut out ALL fast food and most restraunts without healthy choices. Our favorites are subway and panera bread. My exercise is running.

4. On days I work I get up at 5:30 am, feed my 6 children (cats), get coffee, shower, log into MFP, then facebook, then get ready for work. I work as a unit secretary in one of our hospitals. When I get home my home husband and I go for a run, 3 times a week. We just finished our very first half marathon on the 12th.

5. I usually log in at my computer. (easier to find things)

6. Mondays are my best weigh in as on the week end I keep think thinking I have a weigh in on Monday so be careful what you eat. LOL

7. I think mini challenges would be fun

8. My husband and I have have completed 5 5K's, 1 - 10K and 1- half marathon all with in 8 months of quitting smoking! Thursday will be 9 months! YEAH!!!!
  • traci0620
    traci0620 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1. 33, married, 2 kids 5 and 20 months,, Columbia, MO
    2. 188, I have been on MFP for 1 year
    3. 155 is my goal, I am counting calories and doing zumba and jillian micheals
    4. Up at 6:30, I do childcare in my home so I am pretty busy. I usually work out while the baby is taking a nap around 10. Lunch at 12, Cleaning in the afternoon. Kids get picked up at 5:30, then dinner and family time. Bed at 10

5. computer
    6. Friday
    7. I usually don't do them since I already have a routine in place
    8. I kind of did a restart at the beginning of this year. I got off track at the holidays and i really didn't stay consistent throughout last year. I have been very good about working out and making different choices so far and actually have only 1 week left on Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30". I haven't lost much pounds but have lost 6 inches at the halfway point.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Sara.

1. I'm 29, single, no children (unless you count my dog :wink: ), currently living in Wisconsin.
    2. Current weight: 195, have been on MFP since July 2011.
    3. Goal weight is 140-ish. I'll evaluate as I get close to see where I want to be. For diet I just do my best to try to eat healthy, lots of fruits and veggies, protein and fiber. Exercise varies: treadmill running 3x/week, elliptical 5-6x/week, Zumba 1-2x/week, Turbo Kick 1x/week, strength training 2-3x/week :happy: I'm a total gym addict.
    4. Don't have a regular routine as it varies with my work schedule. My only requirement is that I get to the gym 5-6 days/week.
    5. Both but mostly use my computer.
    6. I love weighing in on Mondays as it keeps me accountable over the weekend. However, I, like a lot of people here, do daily weigh ins to see if i'm staying on track.
    7. I like the idea of the mini challenges but in reality I never do them :laugh:
    8. I will be running (hopefully!) my first 5k in mid-march. I also am planning to do the Warrior Dash this summer!
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1.27, maried to my highschool sweetheart , 1 child 3years, Hamburg Germany
    2. 232( i think) I am since 6 month with myfitnesspal
    3about 150, i try to wotkout( walk ) every day for 1 h and stick to the myfitnesspal cal+ workout calories
    4. routine? I think this is my challenge I try to manage everything but you what can go wrong goes wrong
    5.both
    6Friday
    7.yes I need your quotes
    8. I love everyone of my friends trhat try to log in every day. Donna i absolutley think that I f why i ound your Octobers challenge last year is one of the major reasons why i can go on with this,.Perhaps in my case it is not a life change thing but it is living my life with the right decisions and alll of you help me not to take the short cut and eat s.Th. nasty
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    49, married for 20 yrs, 7 children, ages from 12-30 5 girls, 2 boys and 5 grandkids 1 on the way a girl YEAH, I live in sacramento , ca
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP I weigh 160.1 and started mfp july 2010
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using . goal weight is 155, I eat 1250 cals a day and try to exercise 6xs a week and try to get in 10,000 steps a day
    4. What is your daily routine , up at 6:30 , get kids off to school, then do my exercise, either stop at gym on way home, or do walking or exercise dvd, do cleaning, errands, etc,when kids get home, help with homework, make dinner, spend time with husband and kids, get kids in bed at 9:00 , relax bedtime at 11:00
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post) , usually my computer
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you , I like to weigh in on fridays
    7. Do you want mini challenges? I love the mini challenges, keeps me motivated
    I love mfp and wouldnt have lost the weight without it, I wasnt even trying to lose weight I just ran across the site and thought I am sick and tired of being sick and tired i might as well try it and 18 months later I am 95 lbs thinner and much healthier. I feel like i have my life back. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroidism. So I was very sick and in bed several days a week. It has been a long time since i have had a day in bed. THANK YOU MFP