Aussie's with greater than 30kg to lose?

Options

Replies

• TotalTiger
    Options
    I've almost lost my first 30kg (1.5kg to go!) but I still have around 40kg to lose. I've lost this amount since July 21st last year.

Am from Perth. Currently living near Kwinnana but will be moving closer to Malaga late next month.

That's fantastic. What have you been doing to lose the 30?
  • naedaily
    naedaily Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I could lose 30kgs I would be so happy. Going to need the support of you guys though xoxo
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    When I started this, back in August, to get to the 'proper' weight for my height, I needed to lose about 45 kilos. That was too scary to look at, so I decided on another number to get to first, and stay at for a while. I have 8 kilos left to go til that number. After that, I'm looking at another 20. Might make that 10 at a time though.

What I am finding tricky (not difficult - wrong mind set there) is knowing when I can skip a day/session. It *might* rain tomorrow after all. Gotta love Tasmanian weather.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I had 36kgs to lose when I started, 16kgs down, 20 to go! Add me :)
  • Ellasmum86
    Ellasmum86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its nice to know we're not alone! I had 37kgs to lose when I started my mission. I am now down 15kgs and counting down to the last 22. I still have a ways to go but I WILL DO IT!! Feel free to add me :happy:
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wowzers - so many great losses.... I LOVE MFP!

I have lost 40kgs just through eating less and walking more.... still have about 25kg to go.

Always looking for more MFP's for mutual support :)
  • hayjessmum
    hayjessmum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've got around 30kg to lose - and being only 5 foot doesn't really help either!! Have been doing MFP since the start of the year and have lost only a small amount. But right now I'm having a week where I just want to eat nothing but rubbish! I really need some support and would love some friends on here to help with motivation. I have a major addiction to COKE and can't drink the Zero because it plays with my stomach. Might have to try the Diet stuff but would prefer to be off it altogether. Have been on and off the merry go round with that since I started. Will have an awesome week where I drink hardly any and the next I'm drinking it every day. I think if I can get that under control I will be right on track. Please feel free to add me!
  • CaitlinR85
    Options
    Hey all! Great to see such a successful/supportive group here! Apparently I joined this site last year, but my weight-loss journey started a couple of weeks ago!

I'm from Perth and looking to lose 45kg. I have lost 3kg so far and looking to be at my goal weight by about Christmas.

First mini goal is to get under 100kg by my birthday in May. So... 12kg more to go!

Feel free to add me as a friend. Looking forward to getting to know some fellow MFPers!
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathleen, live on NSW/VIC border.
    I started my weight loss on Jan 1st at 104.3kg and will be happy to get down to 70kg. The doctor says I need to get to between 60-65kg but at 5'6 I think 70kg is just where I should be.
    I've dropped 10.2kg without cutting everything out of my diet just eating correct portions and staying under calories (for the most part I do go over occasionally)
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    I'm happy to see so many success stories, especially from people that we're in my numbers, over 100kg and got down with BIG numbers. I am down 11.5 kg now, but really started noticing a difference when I did my measurements.
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

At the end of 2011 I was 140kg, the goal was to get to maybe 110kg, I did not think I would have much left to lose at that point...

At 115kg now I think 100kg may have to be the new target!
  • demonizer
    demonizer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 down, got another 23 odd til im in the target BMI range
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yep me by the time I had my baby I was 160kg I'm now 112.5kgs I have another 32.5 to go to get to my goal of 80kgs I'm concentrating ATM to get back to double digits So in total I want to lose half myself :)
  • james_tew
    james_tew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I started just after NYE at 117 and am aiming to weigh 90 in november for my wedding and I have currently lost 11.7kg. I smashed it in the beginning loosing massive amounts each week but since it has slowed down a lot. I went on a really strict diet (similar to what my friend was eating who is a body builder) and my body just shut down and I actually put on weight. Change back to my old diet which focuses on eating clean and having a cheat meal once a week, usually on wednesday nights to break up the week. I didn't completely cut out alcohol but just limited it to special occasions.

MFP has been a great motivational tool for me, reading everyone's success stories, troubles with diets and issues with exercise really helps put it in perspective that we all go through the same crap but it is how we pull through that counts in the end.

Peace (its making a comeback)
  • Alice_in_Wndrlnd
    Alice_in_Wndrlnd Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Heya everyone,

My name is Alice and I am a mother of two from Perth.

I am just starting out on my weight loss journey. Ideally, I'd like to lose about 80Kgs, but since I have been overweight for so long, I'd be happy just to get into single digits for now.

It's inspiring to see so many other people around on MFP who are going through the same thing.

Dallanika.
  • Rollingstone74
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have about 30 to lose to be comfortable at about 100kg. I lost over 100 kilos about 12yrs ago, however lifestyle and career has seen me climb back up to 135. I'm pretty confident I will be around 100 by August. Anyone that has been overweight for a long time or through adolescence should be aware that the BMI index may not be a suitable guide for reference due to excess skin, ya, negative subject, but relevent as people can also become dissapointed/depressed when they lose weight, but are unable to tone up. I can say losing weight was the greatest thing I have ever achieved, my confidence in everything grew and my true personality and character evolved. I wish everyone all the best with thier gaols, feel free to add me anyone, Im from country vic.

"Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.”
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kat, I have decided that now is a good time to start loosing weight. Like Dallanika ideally, I'd like to lose about 80Kgs aswell, but my preliminary goal is 47Kg.

I am hoping that the support and tools provided by MFP will help me reach my goal, I am really struggling with motivation as i am a pro procrastinator any supportive friends would be welcomed.

KittieeKat.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. What have you been doing to lose the 30?

Currently using Jenny Craig. Have lost 34kg now since July. Once I'm down to 90kg (another 13kg) I'll be doing it by myself. I eat my own breakfest (ham and cheese toastie yummmmmm) and am going to start incorporating some of my own lunches soon.
  • maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    Me!
    Feel free to add me...it would be nice to find some more locals on my list. It's much easier to bounce ideas around when you're in the same timezone, yes?
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    Hi everyone,

yep feel free to add me

actually it was good coming back to this thread, I've lost about 4kg since my last post. :D

I'm doing Jenny Craigh, and before that Lite and Easy, I'm going back to L & E 5 days per week, as I find JC too expensive. It's $120 per week, plus I have to get all my veggies, fruit, bread, there's another $50. I gave it a good go.

I have about another 44kg that I want to lose. I'm about 113.5 now