• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried Logans?
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Anyone tried Logans?

Logan's is a fairly new restaurant in Troy, Ohio. I was wondering if anyone had been there or to a Logan's in a different area.
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried Logans?

Logan's is a fairly new restaurant in Troy, Ohio. I was wondering if anyone had been there or to a Logan's in a different area.

It's a steak house similar to a Roadhouse. If you have a peanut allergy you may not want to visit as they have peanuts in barrels in the waiting area and guest eat them while they wait & it's customary just to throw the shells on the floor there.

Steak, chicken, pork, seafood

Their homemade yeast rolls are to die for with the honey butter...YUMMY!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried Logans?

It's a steak house similar to a Roadhouse. If you have a peanut allergy you may not want to visit as they have peanuts in barrels in the waiting area and guest eat them while they wait & it's customary just to throw the shells on the floor there.

their food is fairly typical of any steakhouse, but i agree the rolls are yummy. i've always had horrible service when i've gone so i haven't been in awhile.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Anyone tried Logans?

their food is fairly typical of any steakhouse, but i agree the rolls are yummy. i've always had horrible service when i've gone so i haven't been in awhile.

Everyone that I talk to rave about the rolls. How are the prices? Comparable to others like Roadhouse?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

Everyone that I talk to rave about the rolls. How are the prices? Comparable to others like Roadhouse?

yeah, they're pretty similar in pricing.
  • mjhartness
    mjhartness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love the Northstar cafe....I can never decide what to get! Haven't tried Edamame, but have heard it's really good. Need a trip to Trader Joe's soon, so maybe I'll check it out.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I love the Northstar cafe....I can never decide what to get! Haven't tried Edamame, but have heard it's really good. Need a trip to Trader Joe's soon, so maybe I'll check it out.

Where is Northstar cafe? I don't think we have a Trader Joe's in my area. We do have Sam Clubs but I am not a member. Let us know how the edamame is. I haven't tried it either.

I am hoping to talk my husband into going to Logan's sometime this weekend. Wish me luck.:laugh:
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Near and Around Dayton -

Thai 9 (Downtown)- AMAZING Thai food, great atmosphere....a little slow for lunch service,but still good!
    Akashi (Riverside)- great sushi place - fresh food, friendly service
    Jay's Seafood (Downtown) - YUM! :)
    Harrison's (Tipp City (north)) - great steak, ribs
    El Meson (south, in West Carrolton) authentic Mexican, tapas...
    Tony's (north, Englewood) Italian, small mom and pop shop
    Submarine House (various locations throughout the area) Great steak sub, not a thing healthy about it though!
    Marion's Pizza (Miamisburg, Englewood, Troy, Dayton) Good stuff, but bring cash - no credit taken here!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Johanna, that's for telling us about Akashi. It sounds like my kind of place. I have heard of Jay's but never ate there. Tony's is another place that had been there for years and I never tried it.
  • mjhartness
    mjhartness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There is a Northstar on High Street in the Short North and there is one at Easton, those are the only two I know about in the Cbus area. I live in Licking County, so it's about 25 mins to get to Columbus for me....There is a new restaurant in New Albany that I want to try, they use all local produce and serve a lot of vegetarian and vegan dishes (I'm neither...), I can't remember the name of it right now.

Good luck with your trip to Logan's.....I tend to like Texas Road House a little better, but that is simply due to the service we had at a Logan's in Columbus.....It's been a long time since I've been to one.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Well, didn't get to Logan's. I did take my daughter out for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. She is moving to Toledo this week.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    how is Toledo? I don't know much about it....Love Cracker Barrell
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Toledo is big. At least compared to Piqua.:laugh: I am hoping that Keziah finds a better job there. I have a son who lives there and he invited her to come.
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    what are some your favorite healthy places to eat and why?

my top ones:

1. Tommy's - Cleveland Heights, OH: i am obsessed with Tommy's! they are a vegetarian/vegan restaurant (with meat options available) that just make quality food - a lot of it is comfort food too, but healthier. lots of whole grains, brown rice, beans, etc. their fries are killer (but you have to split them with at least another person because you won't be able to finish them) and they make milkshakes to die for (again, split them with another person, they're huge!). you can certainly get unhealthy options here too (like the ones i just mentioned) but they make great salads, soups, and sandwiches.

2. Aladdin's - Cleveland Heights, Lakewood, and i think there's one in Columbus: amazing Middle Eastern food! their portions are huge so i always have another meal. great ingredients, huge variety, lots of flavor.

LOVE Aladdin's! Yum. I work in Cleveland Hts and have never heard of Tommy's, but it sounds amazing! Maybe that will be my lunch one day this week. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    There is a fairly new restaurant, just south of Piqua on County Road 25A. It is called "Heck Yeah". Great view of the river from their back windows.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    No mention of Jeni's Ice Cream in Columbus? I think they're worse than Graeter's in the "sinful" factor, but if you're the adventurous sort, Jeni's is a must-try (they had one flavor there that the best way to describe it is that it "tastes like Christmas").

Not the healthiest thing, but Gahanna Pizza Plus (or it's sister, Bexley Pizza Plus) has really good subs and pizza. Not the healthiest thing ever, but great for a splurge.

In Columbus, anything in the North Market, downtown. It's all local owners, and there's a huge variety of stuff to pick from.

They're not technically a "local" place, but they are only in a few states - Potbelly Sandwich Works. I've found one in Polaris and downtown, in the Campus District (both in Columbus; their site says they have some in Toledo, Dayton, and Cincy, too). Great sub style sandwiches and can be easy on the waist line (as long as you don't get the milkshakes and cookies, both of which also make a great treat).

Another "not technically local" place that's great is Noodles & Company. Great soup place that is also easy on the waist line. I absolutely adore their Tomato Basil Bisque.

Jake's Restaurant is a local chain (their byline is "a place for steak", but they have far more than just steak) with great food. They can be found in Ashland (just north of Mansfield, off of I-71), Wooster, and Mount Vernon.

If you're out in the eastern area, around Canton, there's a bunch of stuff in the Holmes/Tuscawaras area. Miller's Dutch Kitch'n or The Scoop in Baltic (off of State Route 93) are good little places to eat. The Amish Door is pretty good, too (and less of a tourist trap than Der Dutchman). There's also Parlor Pizza, Hershberger Farm and Bakery, Mrs Yoder's Kitchen, The Manor (if you like ham, their chicken is "meh," and it's very much a "Sunday after church" restaurant, in my opinion), and Park Street Pizza in the Millersburg and Sugar Creek areas. Some are better than others in the "healthy" factor, but there's a lot of good food.
  • micheleboone
    Options
    Well... sushi may not be for everyone, but it's definitely a healthy eat-out option. There's a great little place called Edamame at Easton, behind the Trader Joe's in the same strip as the Hallmark store. They do buy-one-get-one half off rolls Mon-Wed, and have free WiFi, plus just a cute atmosphere. The food is great, and they have more than just sushi. :)

I second this!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Ok far from healthy, but have any of you C-Bus people heard of Pig Iron I think on High St. I have been there a few times and is awesome, real BBQ. In Toledo you need to try Tony Packo's, and for sushi.. nagoya.
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Tommy's has always been one of my favorites and also for a quick lunch, Liquid Planet is great for salads, pitas and smoothies.