Week 6

Options

Replies

• jenniakers
    Options
    Whew! W6D1 is in the books. I only did what I was supposed to do this time because my joints are strongly objecting to the abuse I've been putting them through. I feel good that I was able to get through the whole workout without stopping...
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Did Week 6 Day 1 yesterday...broke the 2 mile mark again (which is a big deal for me). Pretty happy about it and overall I felt great when I was done.
  • jenniakers
    Options
    W6D2 - CHECK! My knees are KILLING me, and I've got horrible (new shoes) blisters. :grumble:

I'm not sure if I'm ready for W6D3 tomorrow... I haven't had to repeat any days yet, so I'm gonna try to power through... RAWR!
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 6 Day 2 yesterday and WHEW .... I barely got through it. For some reason yesterday was really tough. The first segment was ok but towards the end of the 2nd run was tough. I had to keep telling myself to keep pushing and not stop. I hope it was just one of those days. We shall see tomorrow as what happens with W6D3...
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did Week 6 D3 today - 22 minutes! Kept it slow and didn't have any problems.
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did Week 6 Day 1 earlier, it was okay. I probably ran aroung 5mph pace, it was a bit of a struggle on the lungs, that's definitely faster than I ran W5D3, hopefully running at that pace gets easier. It started raining heavily towards the end so I got soaked - that's the first time it's happened since starting the programme so I've been pretty lucky with the weather really.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 day 1 :) Wow amazing! I felt great afterwards. I'm really amazed as to how well this whole program is working for me.
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 day 1 :) Wow amazing! I felt great afterwards. I'm really amazed as to how well this whole program is working for me.

I just finished W6D1 and feel the same way! I've gotten to the point where I'm actually looking forward to going running- pretty cool!
  • AriadneSnow
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 today. The run went much better today, it's funny how that can happen. During the final 10 minute run I was feeling so good I continued on and ran through the cool down period. Towards the end I had to run up a gentle hill, which was hard after a long run but I need to get used to that if I'll be running longer distances.

My app had me doing a 25 minute run W6D3 instead of the 22 minutes mentioned on the Cool Runnings website, I'll see how I go!
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    My app had me doing a 25 minute run W6D3 instead of the 22 minutes mentioned on the Cool Runnings website, I'll see how I go!

Same here! I'll try my best to follow the app, but might let it slide if I only make it to 22 min. Week 7 is all 25 min runs anyway.

I did W6D1 on Sunday and felt great afterwards. So I was a little cocky going into W6D2, which caused me to totally bomb out on the second 10 minute run after 6.5 minutes. I was probably going too fast. Anywho, nothing to do but to try again!
  • AriadneSnow
    Options
    I did W6D1 on Sunday and felt great afterwards. So I was a little cocky going into W6D2, which caused me to totally bomb out on the second 10 minute run after 6.5 minutes. I was probably going too fast. Anywho, nothing to do but to try again!
    Nothing wrong with doing a day again - it's a marathon not a sprint (that's what I keep telling myself when a day doesn't go how I would wish).

I did W6D3 today - yay! I'm pretty sure that's the first time in my life I've run 25 minutes non-stop. It was really really hard at first - in the first 5 minutes my calves were aching badly and I just wanted to stop. But I forced myself to keep going and halfway through my legs were no longer sore. I was struggling a bit at the end and was really glad to hear that 'Cool down', but I made it. I've got the next three 25 minute runs to work on increasing my distance a bit. Hopefully at some stage running for 25 minutes becomes easy!
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Gosh!!! What a relief to know that others thought that W6D2 was hard!!! I was like, what the heck????? I just ran for 20 minutes straight and now I can't run for 10 minutes??? BUT I think I figured it out (maybe?) the difference is that in the longer runs your body and mind get into a "zone" and you are able to just keep going. But with the intervals, your body/mind has to REV UP again for that second 10 minute run. I dunno at least that's what I've come up with! LOL

Anyway, I've had a little bit of a block for this W6D3 , 25 minute run!!! But I'm going to get back on the horse tonight or tomorrow for sure depending on my work schedule!!! Looks like this is sort of a common phenom around here around W6!! Glad you all are here with me!!!

YAY US!!
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Made it through W6D3 tonight! For some reason my app has today's run at 25 minutes rather than 22 like the online plan has. I decided to just follow the app and ended up doing 2.6 miles in 25 minutes.

I can't believe I'm saying this- but I'm kind of glad that I'm all done with the intervals and taking walk breaks! I feel like I do better when I can just get in a groove.

I've been running on a track and I keep a pretty consistent pace for my full run. Twice today I had to briefly speed up to get around a bunch of people that were walking slowly and blocking the track. I was surprised how hard that was for me- totally messed up my breathing and rhythm and it took me a minute or two to get back in the groove again.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    finished day 3 tonight and surprisingly it was easier than w5d3.
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    Pheww, just finished W6D3!! I ran 25 minutes straight and 3k. I almost cannot believe it... When I was younger I played handball and had training 3 times per week in addition to matches in the weekends. I wasn't overweight, but I remember having trouble running all the way through the 3k runs in P.E. Feels good to get back in shape :-P
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yay - I am finally able to comment on Week 6.. Finished W6D1 & it was not that bad but I think I may need to slow down because my pesky left shin has a little bit soreness.After completing last weeks 20 min run, I must have felt like Superwoman but of course my shin didn't think so. Time for some ice and Motrin :)
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Did6D1 yesterday and found it tough enough. Thought I'd breeze through it, after the dreaded 20 minute run in Week 5, but I'm not exactly an athlete yet. The icy headwind wasn't helping either. But, I made it and in the last 5 mins I tried to speed up a little bit (I am a slow jogger, I think I could walk faster if I'd compare it)
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Feels good to get back in shape :-P

Agreed. It's really just the best feeling. My posture, my confidence, it's all given a huge boost
  • Beth292
    Beth292 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    W6R3 done after a lot of delay, and much easier than I was expecting! See you guys in W7, hope it's all going well! :)
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    yay finished W6D2. Ready for D3 :)