Thermometer Jeans Challenge?

Options

Replies

• GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OK! Week 1 day 1 - I am pumped. My skirt is a size 4 and i normally am between a 6-8 and carry my weight and size in my lower half.

So excited to see everyone's results, especially come week 3 and 4!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ha ha mamareese I always think clothing in juniors is way cuter than the rest of it. We're not old ladies yet!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I'm not even trying my thermometer jeans ON, yet!! Sheesh!!!!

I know they won't go up past my thighs....so, why bother??

Signed,

No hope in sight (yet!) - ask me in 4 weeks...
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    You'll get there Beeps!
  • Crystalkmoore
    Crystalkmoore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in a day late? I already have the jeans AND a skirt hanging on my door knob for motivation. This will make me work harder.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in a day late? I already have the jeans AND a skirt hanging on my door knob for motivation. This will make me work harder.
    I love the idea of hanging the jeans where I can see them every time I get dressed. I will have to steal this - should be great motivation!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    I love the idea of hanging the jeans where I can see them every time I get dressed. I will have to steal this - should be great motivation!!

Ditto, it was a big step for me just to try on my jeans, but I like the idea of having them out in plain sight to keep me motivated!

And welcome to the challenge Crystal!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    good gawd, I'm not hanging those damn jeans where I can see them, lol!!!

I'm hoping and praying I can fit into them in a couple months. Believe me, the inches are NOT coming off in leaps and bounds (on me)....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Soooooooooooooo, I tried on my thermometer jeans.

G-A-W-D.

I *could* get them over my thighs. And then it was FULL STOP. I could not even get them over ANY part of my bum/hips.

Sheesh. I'm starting to think this challenge is a little AGRESSIVE for what I can accomplish!! (And these jeans are only ONE size down from where I am right now....because I have these jeans in one size up, and they fit me right now.)

Although I am dedicated to heavy-lifting, I'm also realizing the results just aren't FAST-COMING for me. It's not like I'm going to lose 3" on my butt and hips in (now) 7 weeks.

I am staying IN the challenge, to give it the good ol' college try. But, I'm 100% FREAKED OUT at what "one size smaller" looks like.

(And here I was hoping for, like 2 or 3 sizes smaller.....sheesh!! My imagination is NOT in line with REALITY, me thinks.)
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You'll get there Beeps. You are dedicated and you are awesome at setting manageable goals. Plus you stick with them once you set them up. Love that!!

I haven't attempted mine since I know the problem is my thighs, even if I could potentially button the waist, I couldn't fit my thighs in them without feeling like a squished sausage! :laugh:

I know I've got to pick up my running days, the idea of getting up at 5am brushing the car off to go to the gym just hasn't been there yet. I've got all my TF workouts in. But my expectation of hitting the treadmill 2x a week (which I know would help with these darn thighs!) just hasn't been met yet.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    you're so sweet, mama!

Well, it's not like me to give up on a good challenge....so, I'm not throwing in the towel, yet.

With my new and improved focus on LESS protein bars, I'm hopeful that some weight and some bloat might just LEAVE MY BODY (for good!).
  • GingerBroad
    Options
    I already have the jeans AND a skirt hanging on my door knob for motivation. This will make me work harder.

Can i hang mine on my refrigerator?! hahaha. I am the same way though, i hand them on my bathroom rack where I get ready. Serious motivation.

Honestly, i feel like my first week hasn't been great. I've had a hard time getting off my couch lately. BUT I am still super excited and plan to start doing some interval running today.

I can't remember if I already posted this link, so I apologize if so, but its got a TON of good cardio routines in here - something for everyone.
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/cardio/our-best-cardio-workouts/?sssdmh=dm17.579551&esrc=nwfitdailytip020912&email=3775751506
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    I think the key is just to keep in mind that these are long term goals, so we just need to take things one day at a time. Just think how great it will be down the road when we get to look back at these days and see how far we've come? If we could fit into those jeans/skirts at one point there's no reason we can't fit into them again eventually with a little hard work and some time.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Great thoughts Ris. Love your attitude!! Absolutely right! Just keep plugging away. Every day is a day closer to those thermometer jeans!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    You are all AWESOME!! Happy V-Day! I am wearing red. alas, I am *still* not wearing my thermometer jeans, lol.
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I know it's already been 2 weeks since this started, but can I join in anyway??? I'm not losing any weight at all even though I have gone back to seriously working out as I did before having kids. I feel so much better and think I look a little bit better, but I have actually GAINED 2 pounds. 8-( I have 2 pairs of jeans that I've kept from just before my first pregnancy (only 5 years ago) that I would love to get back into. I'll pick one pair and hang them on my closet door. Are we taking before/after or progress pictures? I'm not much for posting photos of myself, but I will if it will help with the challenge.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I was wondering what had happened to this thread....anybody try on their jeans this week?

What happened??

I'm doing my measurements and photos this weekend for "end-of-month-2" in my challenges, so I'll try on my thermometer jeans at the same time.
  • GingerBroad
    Options
    I was wondering what had happened to this thread....anybody try on their jeans this week?

What happened??

I'm doing my measurements and photos this weekend for "end-of-month-2" in my challenges, so I'll try on my thermometer jeans at the same time.

I am trying mine on this upcoming Wed - week three, I believe. I don't feel like there is too much of a difference, but hopefully next week i'll notice some.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I will try them on this weekend for the sake of the challenge. But...no hope. I am still exactly where I was and have been so terrible at staying anywhere near the wagon that I know the jeans are still a long shot. This weekend I should be able to work out, so hopefully that will help me get back on track.
  • mamareese
    Options
    No change for me. Despite relatively decent eating. And workouts. Just have to keep pushing forward!!