welcome

Options

Replies

• lenluvs
    Options
    So glad you made this a group instead of just a thread :)

Anyways, like I posted on the thread.. I'm 33 (34 in April), married and have 3 kids - 11 yr old daughter, 9 yr old daughter and 2 1/2 yr old son. I can't wait to take this journey with all you moms out there.

Good luck to everyone!
  • JennR2006
    Options
    Glad I found this group! Just joined the website today, hoping it will help me stay on track better by having to write it all down. My daughter just turned 2 and still has trouble sleeping all night, so I'm usually exhausted daily and have VERY long days at work with a long commute so I use that as an excuse not to exercise! I like the "no excuses" approach and can use the kick in the pants from other moms!
  • klv22kath
    Options
    JennR2006 - Love your post! I use the tired excuse all the time too! After working and commuting and because my husband works afternoons I have the kids 24/7...I often get lazy. I have found that a 5:20 morning bike (indoor cycle) in my basement has been working well, but I REALLY want to do some other stuff after the kids go to bed. I just tend to get distracted....
    Any suggestions from others on how to get motivated at 8-8:30pm?? I don't know most of the DVDs people talk about. We did just get a PS3 for Christmas. I like the idea of using something that will be done in 30minutes so I can get to lunches, laundry, dishes (you all know what I am talking about!) :bigsmile:
  • liljgrafix
    Options
    Ohh girl i know what your talkin about. seems my sink piles up every night lol. i love the wii fit and the biggest loser. you may not burn a whole lot of calories but it feels great afterwards. legs all trimbwling lol. try to think of it as you time. i have restless leg syndrome. and i know if i exercise around 9ish it gets the blood circulating and its easier to sleep
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group! I joined MFP a long time back. But just recently got serious about it. I have added several friends and joined a few groups to make me accountable. I am a 37 year old wife and mother of two (13 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy). I work full-time and I am trying to figure out a workout schedule that works around work and everyone else's activities. Finding that to be difficult! But I am definitely tracking my foods and walking more at work. Avoiding sitting at my desk as much as possible. But so far I am seeing progress in how my clothes fit. Which is encouraging.
    Well, I hope everyone is having a great day and has a wonderful weekend!!
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy and I'm the wife of Pete and the mom to Emily,9, and Mallory,6. I am currently disabled due to a severe mental illness. I've always been big, but not this big. I've gained over 100 lbs because of psych medication, but just got off the worst culprit last Friday. I'd like to lose those 100 lbs, then maybe about 50 more. We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32yr old mom of 2 girls (1 and 2). I work full time. My goal is to lose 16 more lbs. I enjoy excercise, but with two little girls its more of a challenge to fit in. I usually work out during my lunch hour. That works well so far. I have really re-committed this week.

Good luck to all!
  • gohokiesgo
    Options
    My name is Tracy and I just joined today! I found my way to this group and am very excited to begin this weight loss journey! I have one son who is 8 years old. I have gradually put on about 30 lbs over the last couple of years and its time to get this off!! I have tried other "diets" and realized that it has to be a life style change and not a diet! I look forward to being a part of this moms group because honestly I need all the help I can get! I can't seem to get motivated to exercise..but I am going to do my best to make healthier lifestyle changes!
  • nominal
    nominal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm a new mum. I have a 6week old baby boy, and still battling the lack of sleep!
    Anyway, i put on far too much weight when i was pregnant and was over weight when to start with, so want to lose 70lb! At the moment it seems impossible, but hoping it will seem achievable soon!
  • brittnee3120
    Options
    Hello ladies! I have been on this website for a while and im just now seeing the groups haha. I am a mommy of two year old little boy. I enjoy Zumba and I am going to start the 30 day shred monday. I have had a weight problem all my life but gained 70 pounds with my son during pregnancy and have lost almost 40 so im trying to get to pre-baby body plus some :) any advice would be great on eating habits or extra exercises to do would be great!

:heart: Brittnee
  • liljgrafix
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm a new mum. I have a 6week old baby boy, and still battling the lack of sleep!
    Anyway, i put on far too much weight when i was pregnant and was over weight when to start with, so want to lose 70lb! At the moment it seems impossible, but hoping it will seem achievable soon!
    i have to lose 70lb to. striving to do so by my birthday in august. Thats about 3lb a week.. not too hard of a gosl i dont think
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 47 y.o. mom of 4- 18yo boy, 16yo boy, 13yo girl, and 3yo boy. I also teach 23 kindergarteners! I want to be as healthy and active for my youngest as I have been for my 3 older so I joined in November 2011 and have lost 19lbs with 10 to go. Then I want to focus on building muscle. I want to be 50 without looking 50!
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 47 y.o. mom of 4- 18yo boy, 16yo boy, 13yo girl, and 3yo boy. I also teach 23 kindergarteners! I want to be as healthy and active for my youngest as I have been for my 3 older so I joined in November 2011 and have lost 19lbs with 10 to go. Then I want to focus on building muscle. I want to be 50 without looking 50!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I joined this group a few days ago and figured I should maybe say "Hi"!

I'm Chrissy ~ wife, mother of two boys ( 9 & 6), work full time outside the home and am trying to ward off the mid-life crisis (turning 40 in a few years) by getting in fabulous shape!

So, to prove to myself that I'm not getting old, too old to be in shape and active anyway, I signed up for Tough Mudder with my husband and some friends. I figure if I can survive that then I'm doing alright!

Squeezing in exercise was tricky when the boys were younger, but now, I feel like I can take more time for myself. {For those of you with little ones, don't worry...it does get easier } So, I run on the weekends, hit the gym on my lunchbreak and go to fitness classes on weeknights. It's all starting to pay off...muscles are emerging and clothes are fitting better!

Woo hoo! I'm excited to meet other moms on a mission!!!
  • liljgrafix
    Options
    Hey there,

I joined this group a few days ago and figured I should maybe say "Hi"!

I'm Chrissy ~ wife, mother of two boys ( 9 & 6), work full time outside the home and am trying to ward off the mid-life crisis (turning 40 in a few years) by getting in fabulous shape!

So, to prove to myself that I'm not getting old, too old to be in shape and active anyway, I signed up for Tough Mudder with my husband and some friends. I figure if I can survive that then I'm doing alright!

Squeezing in exercise was tricky when the boys were younger, but now, I feel like I can take more time for myself. {For those of you with little ones, don't worry...it does get easier } So, I run on the weekends, hit the gym on my lunchbreak and go to fitness classes on weeknights. It's all starting to pay off...muscles are emerging and clothes are fitting better!

wow thats awesome. thanks for joining. im brooke. i am a mom of an amazing (almost) 4 year old girl. we are all happy to have you here

Woo hoo! I'm excited to meet other moms on a mission!!!
  • Heatherz131
    Options
    Nothing to do with weight loss....but my little boy walked for the first time at the weekend!! He's had a few battles so far - he was bort with septecemia and had to spend a week in NICU and has also been dignosed with hypermobility and is due to start physio next week, but over teh weekend he just stood up and walked! I was one very proud mum, :flowerforyou:
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What great news! Congrats to your son!
  • kidrobot3
    kidrobot3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm a single mom to an 8 mo old little boy. He is a handful! I'm looking to lose 60+ lbs and get back to my pre-marriage days. I'd like to fit back into my wedding gown so I can do a "destroy the dress" photo shoot as a closure to my marriage and a debut of the new mommy me :]
  • katsten
    katsten Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My names Kristen. I am recently married with 2 very handsome young boys. They are both almost 6 years old and are my pride and joy. I joined this site back in early January, but finally decided to use it a little over 2 weeks ago. I have already lost 8 lbs, only another 70 to go! :-) I am trying to get myself healthier so that i can enjoy my boys childhood and give them good memories for when they grow up and have their own children. I don't want them looking back, feeling that they missed out because their mommy was fat. Feel free to add me, I log on daily :-)
  • CourtneyVAssem
    Options
    Hello! Im Courtney, Im a new mom to my beautiful daughter who is 6 weeks old. Have some jiggle that I need to get rid of and in need of a little support to do it!