Vampires

Options

Replies

• cadams0715
    Options
    Vampires do NOT sparkle in the sunlight....They burst into flame. That is all
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love Vampire Hunter D - though watched the second film last weekend and thought it was a bit of a let down in comparison to the first one
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    All other parts of Twilight aside, I think the sparkling-in-the-sun bit was kind of a clever way to address the anti-sunlight rule vampires seem to have. It's dorky, and I like dorky. :)
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love Vampire Hunter D - though watched the second film last weekend and thought it was a bit of a let down in comparison to the first one

It was a letdown, especialy if you read the book before you saw the movie. It was also made for america which is why you get more action.

Vampires should never sparkle. Creature of the night = no sun. If a vampire is going to be in the sun there should be some sort of rule that goes with it. There are lots that are out in the sun but lose most of the powers they have by doing so. Few exeptions are granted and they are usualy the ancient Vampires with powers well beyond most.
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but the first time I saw Vampire Hunter D, I was in love. I wish I could be his vampire assistant!
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Blade is king, end of. i like my vampires futuristic and *kitten*-kicking. however i do have a soft spot for bram stokers dracula and interview with a vampire, coz i was a kid when they came out. :D
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I kinda liked the vampires in Daybreakers :P

And, it's been a while since I've seen it, but didn't the tv show Supernatural have a cool vampire thing going at one point?
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but the first time I saw Vampire Hunter D, I was in love. I wish I could be his vampire assistant!

First time I saw D was when I was 12. It was on TNT at like 2 am. at the time I did not know what it was but I loved it. I spent years after that looking for it or anything like it. Then I heard about Anime and that D was Anime. All I have to say is that Anime took over my life for a while and I now have tons of it and still love it.

Supernatural did have a Vampire thing going and they come in and out every now and then. I like the thought that the one that created them has control over them and those under them. They have the same concept for Werewolves in a lot of things. Kid of helps make a hierarchy when you are trying to justify them all living together when they are so brutal.
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Larten Crepsley from The Vampires Assistant = hotness
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Anne Rice's are a given! The books more than the movies... they could have done SOOOO much better with Queen of the Damned!

The Anita Blake series was good

I LOVED the most recent release of Fright Night! (Ok... I totally watched it because of David Tennant, but in the end I really loved the movie!)
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Blade is king, end of. i like my vampires futuristic and *kitten*-kicking. however i do have a soft spot for bram stokers dracula and interview with a vampire, coz i was a kid when they came out. :D

Graphic novel or movie? I love Snipes! But the second movie? eh... The third? HARF! Ryan Reynolds is like fingernails on a chalk board to me. He ruined Green Lantern.

I can't believe I forgot Bram Stoker's Dracula. Loved that film!
  • maxmariesfo
    Options
    Anne Rice's are a given! The books more than the movies... they could have done SOOOO much better with Queen of the Damned!

The Anita Blake series was good

I LOVED the most recent release of Fright Night! (Ok... I totally watched it because of David Tennant, but in the end I really loved the movie!)

Ditto! (on Fright Night) I thought Ginger had all the best lines. Apparenlty there are more vampires in Vegas as Johnny Depp may be doing Night Stalker here...
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    I tried reading the Sookie books but couldn't get into them. I put Twiglight in the "ashamed to love it" category. I find myself rolling my eyes reading/watching them all the time but I can't help feel like a giddy school girl for the whole ride.

Vampire Diaries really floats my boat. Team Damon all the way! Unrequited love melts me every time. I thought it was going to be a poor imitation of Twilight but I actually like it much better.
  • maxmariesfo
    Options
    I tried reading the Sookie books but couldn't get into them. I put Twiglight in the "ashamed to love it" category. I find myself rolling my eyes reading/watching them all the time but I can't help feel like a giddy school girl for the whole ride.

Vampire Diaries really floats my boat. Team Damon all the way! Unrequited love melts me every time. I thought it was going to be a poor imitation of Twilight but I actually like it much better.

It helps that the fellow who plays Damon is ultimately kind. Chatters non stop about rescuing animals and saving the planet. Volunteers his time to sit at local pet shelters and dole out hugs and autographs for anyone stopping by. He's being given an award by the Human Society of the US. I wish things like that would get reported on the news rather than the Twitter war between country singer and rap singer. Yawn...
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Graphic novel or movie? I love Snipes! But the second movie? eh... The third? HARF! Ryan Reynolds is like fingernails on a chalk board to me. He ruined Green Lantern.

I can't believe I forgot Bram Stoker's Dracula. Loved that film!

never really did the whole graphic novel thing - but snipester kicking *kitten* on the big screen totally rocked my world! the only good thing about the 3rd movie was that Triple H was in it! haha i'm a wrestling geek also... lmao

main pull of bram stokers dracula - Gary Oldman. best actor ever and pretty much in every single fave movie of mine!
  • maxmariesfo
    Options
    I love graphic novels! I will go see any movie, no matter how bad, based on a comic or graphic novel.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

Love Sookie! Waiting for the new one, the books are much better than the show, which has been getting steadily worse......
    I really like Twilight! I think they are taken too seriously (the films are terrible), for me they're chick lit, I don't read real chick lit though! Light and fluffy, Bella has no personality because it's easier for teenage girls to imagine they're her!
  • maxmariesfo
    Options
    OH! That explains it. I was wondering why a woman couldn't write a girl with any personality. Athough I really loved Alice.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    I read Twilight, and enjoyed it as kind of a guilty pleasure type thing. The movie however did not do the book justice, and I found it fairly ****eous, as well as its sequels... I haven't seen the latest one, but I'll assume it's just as bad.

As for True Blood, I have not read the Sookie books but I agree that it's been sort of lacking. But I still love it.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    The Sookie novels are getting way out of hand with the fairy stuff as are the shows. Don't get me wrong I love fairies included in these books as part of the supernatural, but she is just taking it too far as is the show.