Week 7

Options

Replies

• elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    made it through my 25 min run for w7d1 and even a little extra tonight. Was jogging with my sister and talking and suddenly we'd run thru the cooldown too. we didn't go fast but I found myself thinking..."that wasn't so bad" haven't run that long without stopping in ages.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted, because this seems to be a dead thread, but I did do w7d1 and 2. d1 was on a treadmill for the first time because of snow - was really different. D2 was on Monday outside and felt great. I have slowed my pace a little though.
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great!!! I too did my W7 today and I was able to run 25 mins straight.. though W6 I was able to run 28 mins :)
    Dont know what went wrong thou.. :huh:
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 today. Felt pretty good, even though I am getting over a cold. See you in week 8!
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 too! 26 minute run today and I am looking forward to it. I should be able to run 2 miles straight. Fingers crossed, knock on wood! I just signed up for my first 5K on April 1st! Woo-Hoo! (Yes, I chose april fools day on purpose! I think it's fitting!)
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Did week 7 day 1 at the hotel gym on Saturday while I was on vacation. It was tough but I did it.
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did w7D1 today - felt good the whole way. Made sure to start off slowly on the 25 min. run. Pretty amazing that just a while ago an 8 minute run seemed like climbing Mt. Everest, now I'm running 25 minutes! I think it also helped that today is Sat. and I could run in the morning, not after work - seems like more of a struggle then. Had a banana and some water afterwards.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 today and starting Week7 on Tuesday most like.y :) Looking forward to it.
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good job Eric !!! Thats the way to stick with it !!!!!
  • shopewell70
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 complete !!!!! It was really tough, but I pushed through it. Is it just me or does the 2nd day of each week seem the hardest? Last week I struggled on Day 2 and this week I really struggled through Day 2. I wonder what Friday holds in store for me....the time jumps another 5 minutes. I felt like the "Little Engine That Could", I kept saying "I know I can, I know I can"...kinda corny, but hey it worked. Mental strength is good !!!!!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Just finished Week 7 Day 1 ! :) had to take a few days off due to a cold but got back to it today and killed it :)
  • shopewell70
    Options
    Just finished Week 7 Day 1 ! :) had to take a few days off due to a cold but got back to it today and killed it :)
    Way to go Eric !!!! Let me know if Day 2 is killer for you. It seems like the 2nd day is the worst.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    oh I'm anxious to see, it looks daunting on the screen when I skipped ahead to read it ;)
  • shopewell70
    Options
    which program are you using? Mine is 5K Runner. W7D1 5min warm up 20 min run 5min cool down.... W7D2 same as day 1..... W7D3 5min warm up 25min run 5min cool down.... Is this the same as yours?
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Finished week 7 day 3 today - everything going great!
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 done! I'm using the Couch to 5k app by Active.com, so all this week I'll be running 25 minutes without stopping.

It was tough, again. I'm hoping by the end of the week running for 25 minutes becomes easy, or at least not a struggle.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    I just finished Week 7 Day 2 :) Felt great afterwards!!! As soon as I take control of my breathing I can really control my heart rate now. W7D2 on my app is 5min warmup, 20 minute jog, 2 minute walk, 1 min flat out run and 5min cooldown.

FYI : The app I use is called Run5K on the iPhone, it used to be called C25K but they renamed it.

When I'm just doing free jogs outside I used to use RunKeeper but I'm switching to Endomondo as soon as the snow melts and I can really run outside again.
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D1 tonight! For the program I'm using today's run was 25 minutes, I made it just a smidge over 2.5 miles in that time. My knee has been bothering me, so the beginning of the run was a little rough, but once I got going my knee started feeling better and the rest of the run was great!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So I did Week 7 run 3 this past Friday which was supposed to be a 25 minute run but I decided before my workout that I was going to do 30 minutes, I just kept telling myself that it was only 2 more songs I had to run to and I did it. I am now going to SKIP week 8 and go on the do three 30 minute runs (maybe even longer) this coming week and then continue on with some 1/2 marathon training and hopefully incorporating some hills in too after that!

1005334.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I did Week 7 run 3 this past Friday which was supposed to be a 25 minute run but I decided before my workout that I was going to do 30 minutes, I just kept telling myself that it was only 2 more songs I had to run to and I did it. I am now going to SKIP week 8 and go on the do three 30 minute runs (maybe even longer) this coming week and then continue on with some 1/2 marathon training and hopefully incorporating some hills in too after that!

I've been considering doing the same thing! I found a half marathon training program that looks good to me, but they say that you should be running 10-15 miles a week comfortably before starting. So, after I finish C25k I think I'll spend a couple weeks adding in a 4th and 5th 3 mile run before I start that program. I don't think I'm going to need week 8 to transition from 7 to 9, so I might just skip it!