30 Day Shred

Options
xMsAlly
xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
What day are you on? Have you lost any weight/inches so far? How do you feel after each workout? Post your progress here!

Replies

• raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 DS a few days ago and lost a total of 7 inches overall! I did the 30 days straight except the last 3 days due to an injury! I must say I loved the dvd and I especially loved Level 3! She really kicks your booty at every workout!
  • Marie92281
    Marie92281 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 7 today not sure how many inches that I lost but have lost 4 pounds. i didnt take measurements just pictures! I love her dvd I like it because its 20 minutes and I have 3 1\2 year old twins so its what works best for me:laugh:
  • brittnee3120
    Options
    I am going to look for 30 day shred this weekend to start on monday...any suggestion on weight size? and if its better to do morning or night? really need to get this going been at the same weight for 3 weeks :( any advice will help!
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 day 5 today.. Feeling good! Did the whole thing without stopping today. I've lost 1.2lbs so far and I'll take my measurements again when I start level 2 March 1st :)
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    I am going to look for 30 day shred this weekend to start on monday...any suggestion on weight size? and if its better to do morning or night? really need to get this going been at the same weight for 3 weeks :( any advice will help!

Go with 3 pound weights to start
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Day 27, I've lost 2.3kg (5lbs) and a fair amount of cms, most impressively 10cms (3.9 inches) off my waist and 7cm (2.8 inches) off my hips! Also 4cms (1.6 inches) off each thigh.

P.S. Hooray for online calculators!! Pounds and inches are so confusing!! (Although, I'm liking saying that I've lost 30 pounds, it sounds way more impressive :laugh: )
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Don't count on huge weight loss, but take photos and measurements before you start as this seems to be where the big changes are made! I use 2kg weights (4.5lbs) which are a bit heavy for some things and a bit light for others - however I have managed and I can't afford to buy different ones so I've made do. I did a couple of modifications such as only doing one arm at a time in the side lunges and arm raises.
    I find that doing it first thing in the morning is good as then you don't have to spend the rest of the day trying to talk yourself into doing it!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just bought 30DS. After hearing so many good things about it. And I just bought a cute work outfit too. No one but me will see me, but having something cute to work out in makes me feel good.

I didn't know I needed weights. Darn it! Now I have to go to the store and get some. I see that starting with 3 pound weight is suggested.

I guess I will take measurements around my protruding abdomen! I have real a spare tire. Did you know the medical term for this is pannus. I hope to shrink my pannus!!!!

I won't be able to do the 30 days straight through. I work every other week. I sleep in my car after I get done working 14 hour night shifts. Ugh! So I will only be able to do these work outs every other week.

I will be looking forward to everyone's progress.
  • c_pointer
    c_pointer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 12, Level 1 - Natalie’s intensity (shift from level 2 today to protect the knee).

6244788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I love JM and I've just joined this group, add me if you like. I'm looking forward to hitting this on Monday and posting my workouts with you guys xx
  • c_pointer
    c_pointer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 13, level 1. I moved to level 2 too quickly; since shifting back to level 1 a few days ago, the focus is on proper movement and the two muscle groups targeted. I am still challenged, keeping the intensity with Natalie for cardio, most strength movements and abs, and hanging with Anita for squats (always protecting the knee for running). I will not move to the next level until the current level is no longer a challenge.
  • EB4life
    EB4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Completed day 5 today; Defintely was easier than day 1-4; legs wayyy less sore. I noticed DS workouts have helped me perform better at zumba. My first check in is due on Tuesday. I always feel so ENERGIZED after her workouts & usually follow it up by some other type of activity :) I may need to take a break from DS twice a week though. Hoping I can be done with it by late March w/ the results I want!
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    I did Level 3 for the very first time today. I love it!! I'm definitely seeing a big improvement in my fitness because I wasn't sweating profusely and completely winded after like when i started Level one 21 days ago.
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred on Wednesday, rocked with it on Thursday...could barely walk Friday. Took today off to recover, too. I'll pick it back up on Monday plan on doing it three days a week. I've been stalled for the past couple of weeks in my weight loss and am really hoping this will help.
  • JillPoof
    JillPoof Posts: 3
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 3. I've noticed it's taking more effort to get my heart rate up. I really pushed today and got it up to 174 which I'm pretty excited about! I did about 20 days of level 1 and moved on to level 2 when I got bored. I went to level 3 after 10 days of level 2. I think level 3 is my favorite. It's challenging but in a motivating way.
  • brittnee3120
    Options
    I did 7 days of level one then switched to level two i just wasnt sweating on level one any more but i will be on level two for a while because it kills me haha. since monday i have lost 6 pounds, an inch off my neck, and an inch off my waist :) couldnt be happier!!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I did 7 days of level one then switched to level two i just wasnt sweating on level one any more but i will be on level two for a while because it kills me haha. since monday i have lost 6 pounds, an inch off my neck, and an inch off my waist :) couldnt be happier!!

I did the same like you/ Switching to level 2 early because I wasnt sweating enough. Now I am still struggling a little on the last circuit when I have to raise my left leg. I wont move up until I can do this thing unstop.
  • brittnee3120
    Options
    I agree this level is something else lol I cant do the last abs move Im not sure if its just my belly gets in the way because im bigger or im just not doing it right but i have a feeling i will be on this level for a bit :) Good Luck!!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Day idk level 2! Finished! Today! Yay! Was planning on doing 6w6p but think ill do that tomorrow!
  • marcee13
    marcee13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 level 1. It's soo hard!! I always want to give up in the first 10 minutes of the workout. I haven't done my measurements or pictures yet but I will soon as I am hoping to get similar results as many of the other people have posted about!

I think I will maybe take one day off a week and add in some cardio and a bit of other training. I don't care if I don't lose any weight---I just want to lose inches!