How's it going?

Options
Elbee1
Elbee1 Posts: 2,055 Member
Phase 2, Week 1, Day 1. Walk 28 minutes/2 minutes run - in any order.
The walking phase was easy for me, but I admit to being slow as a snail!
Day 1 of Phase 2 went really well! I was excited about adding in a bit of running/jogging. The weather cooperated and was absolutely perfect... especially since I had to do it after dark.
I walked 5 minutes, ran for 2, then walked the rest.
Linda

Replies

• Elbee1
    Options
    Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that I had not felt well most of the day, but after doing the 28 minutes walking/2 minutes running. I felt great!
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    right on - i am trying to get some colleagues to join me. hoping to start monday!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    I'm so happy you are going to do this! I wish that I had a partner to do this with. Great idea to get some colleagues! So, I walked 5 minutes & then ran/jogged 2 minutes. I barely made it the whole 2 minutes. I do realize that with this plan... I could split it up and not do the 2 minutes all at once... but really seems like that I should be doing it no problem.......... I know that I will build up, eventually.

I am not bored doing the running/jogging part, but I do get bored with the walking..

Good luck everyone!

I hope all you sick ones feel better soon. It took me 3 1/2 weeks to get over this flu and I still cough some & nasal congestion.
    This is my first week back to exercising and feeling normal.
    Linda
  • Hello all, I will be re-starting on monday. before I left for a visit to wa I had gotten up to walking 50 min and jogging for maybe 15 sec. 3 time during it for 4 days a week. it was too wet there so will re start at 30 min.with short jogs, I call it jogs because I'm to slow to call it running :laugh:
  • 2 minutes I'm Impressed:flowerforyou:

I'm so happy you are going to do this! I wish that I had a partner to do this with. Great idea to get some colleagues! So, I walked 5 minutes & then ran/jogged 2 minutes. I barely made it the whole 2 minutes. I do realize that with this plan... I could split it up and not do the 2 minutes all at once... but really seems like that I should be doing it no problem.......... I know that I will build up, eventually.

I am not bored doing the running/jogging part, but I do get bored with the walking..

Good luck everyone!

I hope all you sick ones feel better soon. It took me 3 1/2 weeks to get over this flu and I still cough some & nasal congestion.
    This is my first week back to exercising and feeling normal.
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Thx.

Today: Phase 2, Week 1, Day 3 -- (walk 28 minutes, run 2 minutes)
    I was much faster walking today than I've been the last month! I did a faster run this time, too. Just 2 minutes and I was out of breath the last 18 seconds. So, I am definitely building up.

I can tell that next week (Phase 2, Week 2) will be very hard for me. Tu, Th & Sun. 26 min. walk/4 min. run. I will probably be splitting up the 4 minutes into 2 minute segments. That is okay according to the program.

I like running soo much better than walking!

I'm looking forward to hearing how next week goes (whatever stages you all are at).
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Today, I was so sore from other exercise I did yesterday, so only walked 30 minutes today. I'll probably have to repeat this week...
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Thursday, I walked 30 minutes and ran/jogged 4 minutes.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    going to start over again....life got in the way and i need to refocus
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Y'all, I'm having a problem with my foot! I can't run/jog for at least 5 days! Right now, I cannot even go for a walk! Argghh!

LadyPersia -- Best of luck starting over!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Still can't even go for a short walk...
    How are you all doing?