Introductions

Options

Replies

• bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'3" give or take a few centimeters. At my highest weight over 3 years ago I was 190+ (I don't really know for sure because I refused to get on a scale I was so embarrassed.) I dropped at least 50 pounds in 2009-2010. Then my grandfather passed away and I slipped.:sad: I gained another 20 something pounds. I remember getting close to 170 (was around 163-164ish) when reality set back in beginning of 2011.:noway: It was time to truly take care of myself and not allow stress to ruin my life. My boyfriend has been the biggest support and motivation for me all this time. I am currently at 138!:bigsmile: With a potential proposal on the way :heart: (he has hinted) I want to be fit and fabulous for our wedding, and the rest of our lives! My goal is to lose another 20 something pounds. We shall see how it goes :smile:

Good luck to all of us here! Shorties Unite! :drinker:

15150352.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • tnkrbll1313
    Options
    Hello fellow shorties, I'm *tink*, I'm 4'11 3/4" and weigh too much. I want to lose weight and get healthy....I want to live to be 100 so I can go to Disneyland on July 17, 2055...THAT is my ultimate goal! And I need to be a HEALTHY and VIBRANT 100 so I can go on the rides and get around the park without a wheelchair! I know I won't get there being overweight with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Are there any other big Disney fans out there? Is there anybody else out there who does not eat cheese? (OMG I hate cheeses with every fiber of my being...I didn't get this way eating cheeseburgers or lasagnas!) I found this sight on the recommendation of my nutritionist at Kaiser. I just welcomed my first-and-only grandchild this past holiday season....I want to be fit and fine for my granddaughter Liliana, too! She's going to want to go to Disneyland, too! SHORT PEOPLE ROCK!:flowerforyou:
  • tnkrbll1313
    Options
    This is a test...to see if I know how to add my ticker....do you actually have to copy and paste that code every time?????? 16134893.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Yup...you do. What a hassle.. it should automatically appear when you post, huh?
  • mcrim5
    mcrim5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am 5'2 on a good day and 21 years of age.
  • snooky_ookums
    Options
    Hi all

I'm 25, 5'4, I started last week and so far have gone from 211 to 209 lbs. I have a target of 150lbs :) Hoping to get under 200 by the end of April.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Do you notice everything is always 1" higher than you can reach? I hate that.

We totally have a different perspective on weight loss. Five pounds can make a huge difference and maybe that's the way we should look at it - five pounds at a time.

I would like to lose 37 pounds. That's a little over 7 5-pound losses. I can lose five pounds seven times!

694233.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tracybarnes1
    tracybarnes1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi ya'll, I am 32 mother/wife of one spunky 5yr. girl and a super hot man! lol

SW: 153 (Feb. 2011)
    CW: 116.8
    GW: 110

I am 5'3" (I consider this average height).
    I just had my 1 year anniversary with MFP on Feb. 3rd., I lost all my weight from Feb-Aug 2011, and kept it off this whole time...Now I'm greedy and I want to lose 6.8lbs more :tongue: Add me if you would like!!!
  • Sweetjadedtears
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I'm new around here, but it sure feels nice to see some people who are around my height that I can relate to. I've been trying to lose a few extra pounds but it just seems like they don't want to budge! Grrr. I'm 4'11.5" (yes, that half inch is important to me, lol) and weigh about 123 pounds. I've been at this weight for a few years, and no matter what I do I never seem to gain or lose any weight. I'd love to get back into the 110-115 range since that's where I felt my best. Hoping you guys can be my motivation! :)
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    IT REALLY WORKS

I have been on here since 01.01.12 as a firm new years resolution and just wanted to say as a way of encouragement this is the best most effective weight loss I have ever ever achieved.

You reap what you sow - so get involved with making pals, (add me as your first if you are shy) commenting, chatting and adding to forums it really is a motivational strength.

I started at 10stone (141lb or 64 kg) and am now at 9stone 5lbs (approx 131 or sub 60kg) over 57 days.

The difference is incredible! I hadn't really considered what that extra weight looked like (I am curvy any how) but I have realised that us shorties don't need to lose much to make a real difference.

I am now in a position where getting dressed for work is tricky as none of my work trousers fit!

So my message to you newbies is simple - Come on in: it really works; with help and support and diligent logging of my sensible meals; I can see my target weight in sight!

I hope to meet you on your weight loss journey, good luck!
    Tara x
  • SouthernYankeeGrl
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Lindsay and I am sporting a whopping 4ft 9 inches! I am 26 years old and have had a significant weight gain over the last year and a half. It is so difficult being short when it comes to gaining weight, because we compact it in a smaller space! I cannot wait to shred this weight and be back to my 100-110lb body! :)

CW: 125 (fluctuating, due to just starting)

GOAL: 110

Everyone have a great day! :)
  • amberntay20
    amberntay20 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! my name is amber and I just had my 2nd child two months ago. I am 4'11 and currently weight 128 my goal weight is 110-115.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi all! my name is katie . I'm 5"4 inches tall. I am 37 years old ( well in 2 1/2 months)

I started out at 220 pounds. I am at 190 pounds. I accept my height as the other lady said but not my weight
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hello all

33 yr old female
    5'3"
    SW: 162
    CW: 158
    GW: 127 (UGW: 120)

As I am sure we are all painfully aware, carrying extra weight on a smaller body can be a bit tougher. It is definitely more obvious when we gain. I get really excited to see others my "size" because their success helps me to determine where I stand in my weight-loss battle.

Best of luck to everyone on this journey toward being healthier and happier. :smile:
  • smoki01
    smoki01 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 4'8", and 48 yrs young. I have started losing inches but the weight keeps fluctuating. Good luck to all of us!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I'm Nikki, mummy to 2 gorgeous kiddies, here to lose the extra I put on during my pregnancies.

Starting weight: 183lbs post baby, lost some and then gained it back! Joined MFP October at the same weight
    Current weight: 156lbs
    Goal weight: 130ish (am happy to weigh more if the inches are on my side!

Feel free to me - please send a little message saying where you found me :)
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm Cindy. I have struggled with weight my whole life... basically losing and gaining the same 50 pounds over and over. I realize that I have to be more accountable for my choices and the only way to do that is to know more about how many calories I consume and how many I burn. That's why I joined MFP last month.

5' 3 & 3/4"
    SW: 203 (July 2011)
    CW: 166
    GW: 130
  • kboggs6763
    kboggs6763 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm Kim. I have really struggled with my weight since the birth of my first child almost 22 years ago. I am 5'1", my highest weight 219...current weight 154...Goal 1: 125...Goal 2: 115.
  • xsaribarix
    xsaribarix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sara (Sari) here :)

H: 4'9''
    SW/CW: 157
    GOAL: 77 (80lb. total loss)

feel free 2 add :)
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi guys!

5'1"

SW: 132
    CW: 129.4lbs
    GW: 100lbs

Currently working on eat better and I am on my first week of Insanity. Feel free to add me :D
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am Dyan and glad to find this group as being shorter makes this weight thing even more challenging.

SW: Jan 2011 125 (been as high as 180, as low as 105)
    CW: 120
    GW: immediate - 115 (got there last summer!), long term 110-112