Group Challenge #2 - Find Yourself a Partner (February 2012)

Options
Okay ladies and gents, if you're up for it, here's the second Group challenge.

It involves finding a partner here on MFP and competing against other partnered people. Your other half doesn't have to be anyone you know. The challenge is part, health and fitness and part, get to know that person a little better.

We'll pick a starting date of this Sunday coming up, if we get some interest. I'll let you know about the rules and what our ultimate goals are, other than the standard, exercise regimen and logging your food diary.

If any of you have ideas, PM and we can set some rules up.

~katie

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

**just a note that I will be at Lake Champlain from Thurs-Sun(23rd-27th) and the signal up there is spotty so I will made every effort to log on!
  • TrekCat
    TrekCat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Kind of hoping you are talking about today? I know there are just two of us on this right now, does that mean the two of us our partners? Or that I need to find someone else?
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'll play!
  • SARBelgians
    SARBelgians Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll play. I'm looking for a good challenge. Let us know the parameters and rules.

Jillian

15449148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    I NEED a new challenge... Since the last one finished, I've got pretty slack with my self discipline :(

I've only been able to log foods and comment on status's from my mobile phone though, so may have to do 'catch up posts' in the group until I'm back on the laptop :)
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    opps. sorry, wrong challenge. I'll correct other thread.:sad:
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys! :flowerforyou:

Had to wait to get some players and now we have a small band of people!

Remember, accountability to yourself and partner is essential, for this and any goal you have...

Good luck everyone.

~katie :blushing:
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Alright, who needs a partner?
  • katiebythebay
    Options

We can allow threesomes...

(insert joke here.)

• vaderandbill
    Options

We can allow threesomes...

(insert joke here.)

:flowerforyou:
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would be interested. :smile:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I want to join! Anyone still need a partner?
  • jouergal
    Options
    Is it to late to join in the challenge? If not, I am in and need a partner.
  • TrekCat
    TrekCat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I got a partner! Count us in!
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Moving the start date for this challenge to March 1st everyone...

so hopefully more partnerships can be formed.... PM me with your gal/guy pals... :flowerforyou:

~katie

(Bill, did you find yourself someone yet sweetie???)
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Nope, still need a partner. anyone out there?
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Here to check in with the challenge!! Let's do this!!
  • SARBelgians
    SARBelgians Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Ate under calories, too high on carbs, too low on protein. Did the chores (livestock) which burns about 400 calories and unloaded 2.5 tons of hay. Didn't turn on my HRM so don't have an accurate count on the hay stacking. Starting back on JM videos tomorrow for exercise.

Tomorrow is another day...

Jillian
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Hey Everyone ~

Here are our partnership teams:

Team Alpha: Jouegal and JadedOne and Lavendergirl

Team Sigma: Trekcat and Slymom68

Team Pi: Goingnuts2 and Bekzness

Team Delta: LstNLondry and SARBelgians

Team Zeta: MissVampette and Vanderandbill and katiebythebay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To re-iterate, the basic rules are:

*** FInd a partner here on MFP. It can be someone you know personally or someone you met here on MFP. (I already have one or two people in mind, lol.) If they are already in the group, all the better, and if not, invite them. Keep on each other like fly paper, giving motivational posts and posting on their profile and PM'ing, if you think that would be the best way. Remember to always be kind and stay positive - honey always draws more bees than vinegar. (Is that the saying? Maybe not.)

*** Keep tracking your food and exercise, as usually. Try to keep the activity you do, in this thread, so it's easily tracked and read by the others. Motivation is the key, so while you're motivating yourself and your partner, you're probably also motivating anyone else who happens upon our thread (hopefully.) Post at the beginning and end of the week (Saturday or Sunday for the upcoming week and same for the week that ended.)

*** Accountability to yourself and partner is essential. Get to know each other and try to check in with them daily. Stay on top of their progress and in a positive way, motivate them and keep each other going.

***This will last for the entire month of March.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck everyone~ :blushing:

I'm so excited in getting to know my partner in crime better! (It's always better with a good friend.) :flowerforyou:

katie
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Hey! this is what I need!! I'm feeling a little funky but when I can motivate someone it usually bounces back to me!! I say WE knock this day out! We have been given this day so let's not waste it with bad energy. I will start with some c25k with my dog, run an extra mile & do my best with food.

YOU make today the best you can make it! I can't wait to read everyone's updates! Happy Monday!!