Couch to 5K?

Options
Has anyone done it? I'm looking at the plan and it looks do-able...except for the fact that there's snow on the ground here. :ohwell: We have an indoor running track, but I can't afford the membership. So if I'm going to start, I'm going to have to do it outdoors!

Replies

• Jdubmarie
    Jdubmarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've done it! I trained on my own a couple of years ago and then progressed to do 3 half marathons :) It's totally do-able! I've never been a runner.
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now, and I live in rural NB Canada, so I'm pretty much running in a snow bank. It's really not so bad, I just bundle up and hit the open road. I always feel fantastic when I finish! :)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm doing it now, and I live in rural NB Canada, so I'm pretty much running in a snow bank. It's really not so bad, I just bundle up and hit the open road. I always feel fantastic when I finish! :)

And I'm in rural ON. :) I live in town, so I could run on the sidewalks, but they aren't always cleared... Anyway, I went to my mom's last night and used her treadmill. (I had totally forgotten she has one...that's how often it's used! lol)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I just finished it. Do it, you won't regret it. The last time I ran ANYWHERE was high school PE, sophmore year, I basically killed myself running an 11+ minute mile. After doing C25K I can run an easy mile in the same time and not even be tired or breathing hard when I'm done.
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting this up in March. I looked at the schedule and it seems doable.

The schedule for it is here... http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

If anyone wants to be my buddy let me know! I could use all the motivation I can get because I hate running but i know its good for me.... :grumble:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just started this last week so I'm only on week 2...doing it on a treadmill right now as our weather is just changing....enjoying it so far and quite proud of myself :flowerforyou: