Dairy- yay or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• KavemanKarg
    Options
    I eat exclusively from the animal world with the only exception being coconut oil and only a few spoons a day in my bulletproof coffee.

So I do partake in a bit of dairy but it is always either quality butter, or ful fat heavy cream, or hard cheese.

I find if I have to much dairy in a day I get puffy, but a little bit is just fine. Butter is an exemption to this, especially if clarified.

I find if I add any plants at all, the amount of dairy I can consume and not get puffy drops greatly. I think dairy is being blamed for overall carb sensitivity at times.
  • rstefanko
    rstefanko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The only dairy I eat is in my Kerrygold butter and in my 85% chocolate (I have to have the cheat hear and there and see it as mostly harmless if not healthful. Cheese really makes me feel terrible. It has caused me a lot of bloating and gas...which my husband adores :) Truly, you have to do a solid couple weeks without it and then see how you feel when you go back. Good luck to you!
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    i have not outlawed dairy at all. i should also add that before i went paleo i was not a huge dairy eater anyway. i never cared to drink milk or eat cheese. but i still have cream and sugar in my coffee and i still use butter when cooking. havent runined my weight loss. still going strong.
  • mikefarinha
    mikefarinha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do dairy fat. and fermented dairy: Butter, cheese, cream, yogurt, kefir, etc.

I think the biggest thing with dairy is to make sure you get quality dairy. If you can find fresh, raw, grass fed dairy you should be able to enjoy it with out guilt. Otherwise strive to get the best quality you can.

I use the site http://www.cornucopia.org/ to find brands that give their cows good access to pasture for grazing.

Most conventional dairy is a very poor imitation of natural dairy and not surprisingly can cause all sort of digestive issues. From what I've heard people with dairy allergies that have switched to full fat raw dairy have been able to reverse their dairy allergies and even be able to have conventional dairy every once in a while.