Favorite Paranormal TV Show?

Options
Mine would by far be Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters is ok but I hate how they have a camera crew that follows them around as opposed to holding their own cameras it seems like 95% of the time when they see something the cameramen are focused on them and miss it, Now Ghost Adventures isnt perfect but there's only a handful of times when they see something that the camera isnt pointed at ya know not too mention on Ghost Adventures they actually stay through the night.
I also love shows like A Haunting, Lost Tapes, The Haunted, Paranormal Challenge (cant wait for the new season to start), Paranormal State (was ok but not great), i miss Paranormal Cops that was a good show for the short time it was on. Im sure theres more but im a drawing a blank right now.

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Mine would by far be Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters is ok but I hate how they have a camera crew that follows them around as opposed to holding their own cameras it seems like 95% of the time when they see something the cameramen are focused on them and miss it, Now Ghost Adventures isnt perfect but there's only a handful of times when they see something that the camera isnt pointed at ya know not too mention on Ghost Adventures they actually stay through the night.
    I also love shows like A Haunting, Lost Tapes, The Haunted, Paranormal Challenge (cant wait for the new season to start), Paranormal State (was ok but not great), i miss Paranormal Cops that was a good show for the short time it was on. Im sure theres more but im a drawing a blank right now.

Totally agree with you on Ghost Adventures. With Ghost Hunters it was alot of arguing and since they have the entire camera crew, they wouldnt find much activity. Ghost expeirences happen with one individual or a few usually, not a whole entire crew. Not to mention the physical evidence (scratches, bruises, figures and shadow people) that Ghost Adventures finds 6/10 times on the spot rather than Ghost Hunters, reviewing one of their static cameras and seeing a ghost orb. Paranormal State always gives me such an unsettling feeling. Partly because of the main guy's story (I forget his name) of his expeirences with the paranormal. Lost tapes was always cool, I love first person horror (Quarantine, Paranormal Activity, Cloverfield ect.).

A great fun one when I was in the horror/funny mood was Scare Tactics. Some of the reactions were PRICELESS, but others werent so cool.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Totally agree with you on Ghost Adventures. With Ghost Hunters it was alot of arguing and since they have the entire camera crew, they wouldnt find much activity. Ghost expeirences happen with one individual or a few usually, not a whole entire crew. Not to mention the physical evidence (scratches, bruises, figures and shadow people) that Ghost Adventures finds 6/10 times on the spot rather than Ghost Hunters, reviewing one of their static cameras and seeing a ghost orb. Paranormal State always gives me such an unsettling feeling. Partly because of the main guy's story (I forget his name) of his expeirences with the paranormal. Lost tapes was always cool, I love first person horror (Quarantine, Paranormal Activity, Cloverfield ect.).

A great fun one when I was in the horror/funny mood was Scare Tactics. Some of the reactions were PRICELESS, but others werent so cool.

I effing LOVE Cloverfield I wish theyd hurry and make the sequal already
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

I second this! I enjoyed Cloverfield, I even like the home-movie film style that so many people hated.

JM
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

I second this! I enjoyed Cloverfield, I even like the home-movie film style that so many people hated.

JM

I would love a second Cloverfield! It was like.. Godzilla 1st person mode survival! They never tell you if nuking New York City actually worked. And because of this, I want to see it continue.

The whole home movie style is really not that bad at all. I dont know why so many people complain (other than motion sickness) about this style. I find it completely revolutionary and a great spin on how movies should be. To see the movie through the protagonist's eyes is always a better expeirence than watching them from some omni-present camera.
  • istalkzombies
    Options

JM

I would love a second Cloverfield! It was like.. Godzilla 1st person mode survival! They never tell you if nuking New York City actually worked. And because of this, I want to see it continue.

The whole home movie style is really not that bad at all. I dont know why so many people complain (other than motion sickness) about this style. I find it completely revolutionary and a great spin on how movies should be. To see the movie through the protagonist's eyes is always a better expeirence than watching them from some omni-present camera.

haha thats a perfect arguement for Ghost Adventures vs Ghost Hunters lol
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    I love Being Human. Are any of you watching The River? I haven't seen any episodes of it. I didn't think it was going to be good.
    Cloverfield is AWESOME!
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    I love Being Human. Are any of you watching The River? I haven't seen any episodes of it. I didn't think it was going to be good.
    Cloverfield is AWESOME!

I LOVE The River such an awesome show so far, definitly recommend it!
  • katsten
    katsten Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Grimm.....also, I know its more sci-fi but i love love love Doctor Who!
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    I keep forgetting to watch Grimm but ill try to check it out
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I really enjoy Grimm.....also, I know its more sci-fi but i love love love Doctor Who!

Grimm is the one with the werewolves right?

And Doctor Who can be reaaaally freaky sometimes (referencing the episode with the statues that move when you arent looking at them)

Werewolves are so cool
  • katsten
    Options
    Grimm has a whole bunch of 'fairy tale' creatures. It can get pretty dark at times. Im enjoying it. The Weeping Angels are by far the best "monster" on Doctor Who! Some of them are just down right silly tho!
    Another really good one is of course The Walking Dead. Doesn't overdo the zombies and isn't really a whiny survivor story either.
    If anyone watches the Vampire Diaries, I feel that it is a huge disappointment. I was in my teens when the books first came out, I've read the series 6 times. Can't believe theyre doing one from The Secret Circle too.
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    I think Grimm is great!!
    I agree about Vampire Diaries!
    Gotta be honest - still afraid of The River. but if more peeps say it's good I'll take the dive!

Has anyone see the Paranormal movies?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I think Grimm is great!!
    I agree about Vampire Diaries!
    Gotta be honest - still afraid of The River. but if more peeps say it's good I'll take the dive!

Has anyone see the Paranormal movies?

Holly,

This weekend I will watch the one that combines all three of them with added content. I am so excited and freaked out at the same time. All lights off, sound really loud, and nothing to hide behind. Its going to be epic. LOve paranormal activity. great movies
  • katsten
    Options
    I haven't seen the river yet, looked good, but my DVR already gets a better workout than I do lol! What night is on? Looking forward to watching the premiere of Awake tomorrow