Jamie Eason Recipes

Options
Jamie's Monster Meatloaf Recipe
Nutrition Facts:

Makes 24 servings
Single serving = 83 calories, .7 g fat, 3 g carbs, 15 g protein
Ingredients:

1 12-oz package chopped onions and peppers, thawed (or 1 - 1 1/2 cup fresh)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp minced garlic (or paste)
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tsp tomato paste (no salt added)
3 lbs extra-lean ground turkey (or chicken breast)
1 cup quick cooking oats
4 egg whites
1 cup reduced sugar ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prep a 9-by-13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray. In a large sauté pan, cook the onions and peppers with salt, pepper and thyme until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes). Next, add garlic, soy sauce, chicken broth and tomato paste, mixing until heated through. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, egg whites, oats and sautéed mixture (cooled). Mix by hand until all incorporated and press flat into the 9-by-13 prepared Pyrex dish.

Spread ketchup in an even layer on top of the prepared turkey and place in the oven to bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Makes 24 servings

Replies

• FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars Recipe
    Nutrition Facts:

Makes 16 squares
    1 square = 64 calories, 2.4 g fat, 4 g carbs, 8 g protein
    Ingredients

4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
    1/2 cup almond meal/flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp allspice
    3 egg whites
    1/4 cup stevia (raw) or Xylitol (increase carb count by 1g)
    1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 medium apple - grated (large holes)

Directions:

Spray an 8-by-8 inch Pyrex dish with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Whisk together and set aside.

In a smaller bowl, combine egg whites, no-cal sweetener, cottage cheese and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated and then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix again.

Fold in grated apple and mix until combined.

Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html

Here is a link for several more including:

Pumpkin Protein Bars
    Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
    3-Bean Turkey Chili
    Fish In Foil
    Italian Turkey Burgers
    Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
    Lemon Protein Bars
    Chocolate Protein Bars
    Orange Almond Biscotti

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html
  • jbeil384
    Options
    Thank you!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have to say, the apple cinnamon protein bars are gross. I choked down four of the nine I made but I can't do any more. I feel like it was a huge waste because the almond meal alone was $10! ph well, live and learn.
    I liked the pumpkin bars, the chili and turkey muffins/meatloaf (I followed the meatloaf recipe and made a couple of mini meatloaves and some muffins).
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Well I think I might be trying the following, I thought they looked delicious:

Pumpkin Protein Bars
    Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
    Fish In Foil
    Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
    Chocolate Protein Bars

I have to look at it first but I'll let you guys know if I try anything. Yes I bet all the different items can become expensive.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    You're welcome :wink:
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I started to take a better look at the recipes. I think I'm definitely going to try and start eating her fish in foil recipe 1x per week. It's simple, cheap, and yummy looking. It's just simple lemon pepper tilapia with fresh lemon, pepper, and asparagus. Also, the pumpkin pancakes look really good. I was thinking about swapping the fresh pumpkin for banana though and skipping the cinnamon. That would be so tasty!
    I'll try and make these sometime within the next 1-2 weeks and let you guys know what I think.
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I tried the turkey chili -- it's SO GOOD. Also tried the pumpkin protein bars -- those are surprisingly really good too.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I made the Pumpkin Protein bars, pretty good! A little more sweetener for me next time though. Today, I am going to make the Lemon Protein Bars....hope they are tasty!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Yea, let me know what you think of those.
    What is this oat flour?? I've never heard of that. I'm guessing it's by the flour?
  • debwaid
    Options
    Yea, let me know what you think of those.
    What is this oat flour?? I've never heard of that. I'm guessing it's by the flour?
    I couldn't find oat flour in the grocery store, so I ground up oatmeal and it worked fine. Just grind it very fine! I'll let you know about the Lemon Bars, they're in the oven now!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Lemon Protein Bars are very sweet! Be sure when you are mixing the dry stuff with the wet stuff, that you mix it really well. I didn't. The consistency is kinda weird, maybe because of the oat flour (Oatmeal that I ground up) but I didn't have time to search the whole city for it! Still all in all, pretty good especially if you are looking for someone different that the typical bars that you can buy n the store. You can't beat the nutrition factors on Jamie's stuff though!!
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    So far ive made the pumpkin bars and the cinnamon bread. I liked them both a lot and they are very low on sugar which i like, but they seem to have a high amount of carbs???
  • debwaid
    Options
    So far ive made the pumpkin bars and the cinnamon bread. I liked them both a lot and they are very low on sugar which i like, but they seem to have a high amount of carbs???
    I don't think they are high in carbs at all. For the most part, they have less carbs than protein. I made the carrot cake bars yesterday...pretty good too!
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I found oat flour in the organic section of our grocery store, btw. Next up for me is the meatloaf recipe. Looks yummy!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I made oat flour with oatmeal too, I just blended it in the magic bullet. I think that is what the pumpkin bars said to do or I probably would have looked for oat flour also. Now I need some yummy recipes for that almond meal I bought, has anyone used the almond meal in a recipe they like?
    I was revisiting bodyrock.tv and zuzana had a recipe that used almond meal. and now she has a new website/youtube channel since she left bodyrock, zwow, if anyone is interested, she focuses on some of the same foods so her recipes would be compliant with Jamie Eason's approved foods list, for the most part.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

Do you know how many carbs it has?
    That is something I'm watching with the high protein drinks/bars I buy from the store too.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I made oat flour with oatmeal too, I just blended it in the magic bullet. I think that is what the pumpkin bars said to do or I probably would have looked for oat flour also. Now I need some yummy recipes for that almond meal I bought, has anyone used the almond meal in a recipe they like?
    I was revisiting bodyrock.tv and zuzana had a recipe that used almond meal. and now she has a new website/youtube channel since she left bodyrock, zwow, if anyone is interested, she focuses on some of the same foods so her recipes would be compliant with Jamie Eason's approved foods list, for the most part.

Oh okay, I guess that's the way to do it lol... Good thing I asked you guys because unless it said it in the recipe I prob would have been at the store looking all over.
    Sorry I've never used almond meal. Yes, I'm going to check that bodyrock out on youtube, I'll let you know what I think.
  • debwaid
    Options
    I've made several of her recipes. So far, my favorites are the pumpkin and carrot cake protein bars. I made the turkey muffins just the way she said to the first time and though, I needed to tweak them. So last week, I replaced the cumin with oregano and they were so much better! Today, I did them with chicken and they are good that way too! I made the apple cinnamon protein bread, didn't like that one. As soon as I find some almond flour, I will make the apple cinnamon protein bars! My hubby loves the food as well!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I've made several of her recipes. So far, my favorites are the pumpkin and carrot cake protein bars. I made the turkey muffins just the way she said to the first time and though, I needed to tweak them. So last week, I replaced the cumin with oregano and they were so much better! Today, I did them with chicken and they are good that way too! I made the apple cinnamon protein bread, didn't like that one. As soon as I find some almond flour, I will make the apple cinnamon protein bars! My hubby loves the food as well!

Wow...I'm surprised your hubby likes it. I still have not found time to make any of her recipes but when I do I might have questions for you because of all the weird things in them.
    I think Walmart might sell Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal? I posted the link below:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Almond-Meal-from-Blanched-Whole-Almonds-Flour-16-oz/12018295