February Challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I suppose it's cheating to sign up for the February four pound challenge on 2/27 when I'm already down five pounds for the month, but . . . I'm in!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am nowhere near "goal" and most of my meals in Feb are salmon and spinach salad. I think I'm going to put more variety in my diet as well as some strength training. I do the elliptical at least 5 days a week and Wii fit free step a few nights a week. Honestly, the Wii fit is getting me down because it has told me I've gained weight almost every day this week. I use the "real" scale on Monday's.. I'll check in on Monday. The good news is that none of my clothes fit and I had to dig through the garage for old clothes from ten years ago. Does anyone else here have a fear of buying new stuff and getting rid of the old clothes?

I got on the scale at the gym last night and it said I weight 180 which is 15 lbs more than my scale at home says I weigh. I was like :noway:
  • MatrixDyke
    MatrixDyke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale at the gym last night and it said I weight 180 which is 15 lbs more than my scale at home says I weigh. I was like :noway:

Havent you ever seen the movie Dodge Ball? They add weight to the scales :)
  • LoveToWork
    LoveToWork Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Havent you ever seen the movie Dodge Ball? They add weight to the scales :)

I do not think that theirs are accurate. But I never get on any other scale but the one I started with. It is just how you keep track of how much you are losing. So do do that again..
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When it comes to scales, stick to one scale as your reference. If you do want to use more than one (like the gym) once you figure out the exact (or as close as you can) difference, take that into consideration. My doctor's scale is about 9 lbs more than my one at home! The one at the gym is 2lbs different so I'm pretty lucky there.

In healthcare, we have so many ways to weigh people and sometimes having an accurate wt is crucial, so we label what we used and try to be consistent as well as teach pts the same for when they get discharged.
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love a challenge. (^_^) let me know when/if you start a march challenge seeing I'm late to this one.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Thanks folks - its not that I actually thought I weighed that, I was just curious and I thought it was both hilarious and BAD for a gym to have one that is SO very off. Because regardless of how accurate you think MY scale is, I do NOT weigh 180 lbs. No way. but think of all those poor people at the gym that don't know how much they weigh and step on there!
  • MatrixDyke
    MatrixDyke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feb 1 - 245.8
    Feb 8 - 245
    Feb 15 - 241.2
    Feb 23 - 241.8
    Feb 28 - 239.4

Alright, so I cant weigh in tomorrow AM (will be on the road to Vegas) so here are my official weigh-ins for the month of Feb....a total loss of 6.4lbs....not bad for having 2 party weekends...bring on the march challenge!!! Cant wait to see everyone else's #s.

:)

You guys rock!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am nowhere near "goal" and most of my meals in Feb are salmon and spinach salad. I think I'm going to put more variety in my diet as well as some strength training. I do the elliptical at least 5 days a week and Wii fit free step a few nights a week. Honestly, the Wii fit is getting me down because it has told me I've gained weight almost every day this week. I use the "real" scale on Monday's.. I'll check in on Monday. The good news is that none of my clothes fit and I had to dig through the garage for old clothes from ten years ago. Does anyone else here have a fear of buying new stuff and getting rid of the old clothes?
    that would be me. I wanna get to goal 1st. I cant afford to buy new clothes every few months. I also dug deep for my clothes from years and years back. My problem is now bra s. I cant get ones that fit properly :-(
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    Feb 1 - 245.8
    Feb 8 - 245
    Feb 15 - 241.2
    Feb 23 - 241.8
    Feb 28 - 239.4

Alright, so I cant weigh in tomorrow AM (will be on the road to Vegas) so here are my official weigh-ins for the month of Feb....a total loss of 6.4lbs....not bad for having 2 party weekends...bring on the march challenge!!! Cant wait to see everyone else's #s.

:)

You guys rock!
    well done
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    A bad end to February. I have gained 1.1kg this week. Not because i have hit a plateau, but because i only worked out one day this whole past week , had to take it easy due to injury, eat like a pig. I went above my calorie limit by 300 to 800 on all days in the past week. I have lost a total of 3kg this month. I say goodbye February, hello March :-). Lets do this.
  • Hephree
    Hephree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feb 1 -329.4
    Feb 8 -328.8
    Feb 15 -327.2
    Feb 22 -325.6
    Feb 29 - 325.4

4 Pounds Lost this month....
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    Well I ended February on a good note.. lost the four pounds I was shooting for. This challenge kept me focused. As soon as I see how we all did I will re-post the list.

We all did great.. So are we ready for March?

Jeanne
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    2/15 - 184.6
    2/22 - 182.8 ** 1.8lb loss

Technically my week isn't over, I normally weigh on Sundays, but that's my week progress from last Wed to this Wed :D

2/29/12 - 182.4 **.4 loss ...

Not huge but any loss is a good one right?
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    2/29/12 - 182.4 **.4 loss ...

Not huge but any loss is a good one right?

I will take a loss if it is small or big.. they all add up.. congrats!
  • tameko2
    Options
    i just noticed that the month started on a wed, and is ending on a wed. Weirdness.

I have lost zipola this month. *Sigh* here's to march!
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    i just noticed that the month started on a wed, and is ending on a wed. Weirdness.

I have lost zipola this month. *Sigh* here's to march!

Aaaaaahh so sorry.. I have been there too. May be next week will be better
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    ===================================
    Februay Challenge Group 02/29/2012
    ===================================
    AFreeheart

arjonazo

CallmeSbo
    + 1.1kg dang we need to have a talk

Cheryl_66
    2.5 pounds, wow nice work..

geekgrrl70

Hephree
    1.2 pounds
    4 pounds for the month

herstrawberri

HopeBay

KaseyWolf

kfurley
    0.8 pounds

LemonSnap

lexagon
    0.4 pounds

LoveToWork - Jeanne
    2.0 pounds

tboothgenthe
    1.6 pounds

MatrixDyke
    2.4 pounds
    Total of 6.4 pounds .. great job

Mr_anaya

nitepagan

nitalynne58

ozzra8 Selector
    lost 0.6 pound
    newbie for March

theKarens

treetop57
    5 pounds for the month..

==========================
    tameko2 - cheer leader

This is what I found for the last week.. hope I did not miss anyone. If I did let me know..

Jeanne
  • Cheryl_66
    Cheryl_66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone here. Even if you didn't loose or even gained, you're still here so that means you didnt give up. Thats a plus in my book. Heres to a whole new month to work it off. Good luck everyone!! I'm rooting for ya!!

btw.. my name is Nicole(Nicci)