To spike or NOT to spike???

Options
gooseafur
gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
Ok I have been on MFP for 6 weeks now. The past two weeks I have had a spike meal not spike day. In choosing to have a meal all to myself, not worrying about calorie count and just "enjoying" a meal (actually pizza hut this past weekend) I felt guilty! I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped. Then getting on the scale and it "SHOUTING OUT" that I gained two pounds, it just doesn't seem to be worth it. Now I'm not sure if it was a real weight gain or just sodium, but it didn't feel good either way. To be truly honest, I felt bloated and had NO energy after that meal. Now....should you have a spike day.....or just a spike meal once a week?? I'm thinking maybe only on special occasions??!! How do you feel about it?

Replies

• 65jmh
    65jmh Posts: 9
    Options
    I have heard of this like on the biggest loser where they have a day to themselves to eat whatever but they exercise throughout the week like fiends and this is to throw off the body so it doesn't get stuck in a rut. For me, I need to learn how to eat right and make good healthy choices because otherwise I am like an addict going back to something that isn't good for me and settling for less than the best for myself. Everyone is different. Some people say that if they give themselves a treat on occasion it stops the desire. Self-control. Discipline. I think we need to know that we are able to use those skills first and then you can have spike moments, meals, or day. Just my thought and I know I am not there yet. I don't trust myself.