Hypothermic half tmrw!

Options
Tomorrow I'm running the hypothermic half marathon in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. But this one's warm - starting at about -2C! About 7 years ago we ran it in -30C - the coldest temp I have ever run (actually more like shuffled) in. What's the coldest temp you have run in and where?

Replies

• danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am considering doing my 3m run outside today and it is 10 degrees. It is sunny at least so it may be worth it to avoid the boredom of the treadmill! I am impressed--you are braver than I!!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well then my "Breast Cancer 1/2 Marathon" in Jacksonville FL today was just blustery at 36F (about 2 C) for the finish. The weather has been unpredictable for this February N. Florida race. Some years it's in the 80s but today was a record low...and most of the racers are locals who aren't accustomed to running in the cold. It was fun but brrr...
  • lisaf2
    lisaf2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I've done a training run in -35 C here in Calgary before.. that was a bit ridiculous, I have to admit haha.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I've only been running for less than a year. -25C coldest so far. I stayed warm enough, but my face mask always fogs up my glasses, which makes it hard to see curbs and ice patches. Have run in a couple of blizzards; warmer, but wetter/harder to see. Crazy Canuck!