Week 1 Mini Challenges

Options

Replies

• sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Monday and Tuesday were not that good for me. I was extremely tired Monday (couldn't keep my eyes open tired) and then yesterday I had a sinus headache. I'm hoping to get back on track today.
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was an epic fail for me.
    I got in 60 squats (ok that bathroom idea was great!).

didn't come close to my water goal, didn't make it to the gym, and had food court chinese food for dinner.

today i will ROCK this.

here i go!!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Tuesday -

Did my cardio - 40 minutes on the bike
    60 of the 100 squats
    8 glasses of water
    Carbs in the evening didn't go so well

Looking forward to today.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Tuesday-

Ate hardly any carbs for supper but did have a small piece of truffle cake at 8:00
    Did 60 minutes of walking
    Did 100 squats and could not do one more today without crying
    Drank 12 glasses of water
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Tuesday check in:

Food: Stayed within calorie limit but still ate quite a bit of carbs for dinner. Oops.
    Cardio: Did elliptical and strength training burning 400+ calories.
    Strength: Got through 70 squats at the gym then forgot about the rest. I KNEW I should have just forced myself to finish them while I was there! :grumble:
    Water: Drank 10 glasses of water.
  • amandadj1984
    Options
    Oops! I didn't see this until today! Happy Belated Birthday!!

Lets see how I did blind...

Monday
    Food: Stay within your calorie limit. (I did that!) Eat at least 3 vegetables (Big salad for lunch w/ romaine, spinach, carrots, red peppers and tomatoes and broccoli, not sure if that counts as 3) and 2 fruits (Yup! A banana and an apple.)
    Cardio: (I walked around the museum for 2 hours holding my 15 pound daughter because they don’t allow strollers I’m going to say that counts lol) Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc)
    Strength: (Didn’t do this one) Do 120 crunches (3 different kinds)
    Water: (Or this one) Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water.

Tuesday
    Food: (I was attacked by a roll of girl scout cookies! Went 200 over. I’m nursing twins so I might not do so hot in this category I may be over some days.) Stay within your calorie limit. Try and eat the majority of your carbohydrates in the first half of the day.
    Cardio: (No exercise for me today either)Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc)
    Strength: Do 100 squats (everytime you make a trip to the washroom, do 10 squats)
    Water: (So close! I drank 9) Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Oh boy I'm not doing so well with the mini challenge :( been so busy with work as I'm off next wk! I've look at the challenge for tomoro and I'm right on it!!
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me not doing good either this week. Keeping under calories in itself is proving a challenge. First time i joined MFP i was doing better but fell off the wagon due to having to shift home. I re-started only a week or two ago and its harder this time. I am not doing good on water front either- averaging 4-5 glasses of water per day. Having a cold does not help. Hopefully I can pick up from next week. All you guys are an encouragement for me to try harder on my part. Keep it up :)
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Didn't do to well on protein yesterday. Stayed under calories.
    Cardio - Did 60 minutes on the treadmill
    Strength - Did back and shoulders weight training for 40 minutes. I am so sore today.
    water - Made the mark there

Have to take today off from exercising due to a evening full of scouting functions. But will be back in the gym on Friday to make up for it. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in:
    Wednesday: Stay within your calorie limit. Eat required amounts of protein which is used to help repair muscles, -check.
    Cardio: Do an interval workout today. 5 minute warm-up, 1 minute jog (or fast walk), 2 minute walk, repeat 8 times, finish with a 5 minute cool-down. -check. I did my own interval routine on the elliptical for 25 minutes.
    Strength: Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups at your level. -check. Did a variety of full, knee, on the stability ball and bosu push ups.
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water-check.

Today's lunges might be tough with my knees but I will try and modify them and not go very deep.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wed -

Stayed within my calorie limit, could've done better with my protein.
    Took a cardio sculpt class with stations for cardio & weights.
    Got a few push-ups in during class but not close to what was posted.
    Got in 8 glasses of water.

Have a great day!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Getting enough protein is always a struggle for me but I think I came pretty close.
    Got my cardio in.
    Could only do 60 push-ups (sorry everyone)
    Drank more than enough water.

I am very glad the birthday cake is finally all gone.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Wednesday check in:

Wednesday: Within calorie limits. I almost always eat more than the required protein, yesterday got 108g.
    Cardio: Do an interval workout today. 5 minute warm-up, 1 minute jog (or fast walk), 2 minute walk, repeat 8 times, finish with a 5 minute cool-down. - Done!
    Strength: Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups at your level. - Didn't do push ups :(
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water - got in 8 yesterday.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sorry late

Monday Done did it all :smile:
    Tuesday Done great ones :smile:
    Wed Done, only 70 push ups :ohwell:
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Everything done for today. BUT: I don't look forward to doing crunches tomorrow. :sad: My abs are still sore and I HATE crunches:sad:
    But I do them:ohwell:
    The rest won't be a big thing tomorrow. I cook every day and tomorrow I get some kale from the garden. Many vits and mins, low in sodium and just delicious.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thursday : Done for today
    Tomorrow ugh I work 7-330 and I like to do my work outs in the morning,
    so my challenge for me is to do it after work
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in:

Stay within your calorie limit. Have lots of fiber consisting of whole grains, whole fruit and vegetables, legumes, cereals. --was under on calories. Had several pieces of fruit and veggies but no grains.
    Cardio: Do 35 minutes of increased heart rate activity.--check. Spin class and a C25K session for 44 minutes each. Also had strength training class
    Strength: Do 10 lunges with 10 bicep curls, 10 sets--Nope...tried the lunges and my knees were grinding too much. I did step ups on the bosu instead. Sorry!
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water--Check. I am doing better at keeping a bottle with me. On the road today so we will see how it goes.

Awesome job everyone!! Keep it up!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calorie limit.- Check. I need to work on getting more veggies and fruits in

Cardio: Do 35 minutes of increased heart rate activity.--check. 10 miles on the stationary bike

Strength: Do 10 lunges with 10 bicep curls, 10 sets--Didn't complete. Currently I only do strength training every other day and Thursday was my off day

Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water--Check.
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in

Stay within your calorie limit. Have lots of fiber consisting of whole grains, whole fruit and vegetables, legumes, cereals. - Did very good with my fiber and calories.
    Cardio: Do 35 minutes of increased heart rate activity. - Not so great here
    Strength: Do 10 lunges with 10 bicep curls, 10 sets - Didn't get any weight training in other than the lifting I do at work.
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water - Doing great on this

Hopefully today will be better. Kids' evening activities are conflicting with my workout time. Sigh!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Thursday Results.

Stayed below on my calories and was also below on my fibre. Have to find better snacks.
    Did an hour walk at 4.2 on the treadmill
    Did not do the lunges but did do 100 crunches (used to hate crunches but love them now)
    Drank lots of water.