Admitted to the hospital

Options
Hey every one. I was having some issues this past weekend so i went to see my surgeon and he removed my fluid from my band
and had a CT scan done to see if my band had slipped and my band was fine however my gallbladder had fluid around it. So they did
some more tests and turns out i have Pancreatitis and gallstones. My surgeon has admitted me to the hospital.
They said its because i lost so much weight so fast. I am almost 4 months post op and am down 93 lbs.
I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, any advise? This is so hard for me to be ok with i worked so hard
and then i get really sick and have to have surgery. ALWAYS listen to your body. You know if better than
any Dr. If you think something is wrong make sure you get it checked out. I woke up with sharp chest pain
and alot of pressure in my band area. I could really use some support right about now from everyone.

Thank you-

Replies

• risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sounds like you are better! Question: are you 4mo post op from Lap Band surgery or gall bladder surgery?
    Wow, you have been through a lot. Hope things get even better for you. Good luck.
    Christine
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job. Do not let this get you down. I had my gallbladder removed before I had the lap band. I sure hope you are feeling better.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    its a side effect,/complication, as you know.....good luck though on the surgery, pancreatitis is more common then you think I see it as a nurse daily. My friend just had her GB out, and she is doing fine. YOU WILL TOO, dont get discouraged, chin up and smile, remember when life gives you lemons make lemonaide.

Hugs
  • hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. I am 4 months post op from the lap band. I just had a check up 2 weeks ago and everything
    was fine...... I am trying to stay positive but its hard, i am getting worse in here. Ii have been NPO for now 4 days and
    surgery isnt till tomorrow or Friday. I have lost 3 lbs a day for the last 3 days. I knew that it could happen but i never
    thought it would of happened to me i know dumb right? :( Has anyone else ever had this after surgery? How long will i be down for? When can i start working out again? getting back to my self?
  • jmurphyaz
    Options
    Hang in there, I know this is discouraging but look how far you've come! As a lot of people already said this is an unfortunate side effect of WLS. Not that it makes you feel any better but at least you are not alone.

Do you have support at home? I am in tempe and would happy to be there if you need someone to come by and give you some words of encouragement. Just let me know.

Stay strong
    Jaime
  • hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Jamie- thank you i know it just kinda sucks that this is happening. Yes i have a very good support group at home,
    my husband has been wonderful thru this all and my family and friends. Thank you for offering to come be with me
    but i dont know for sure when surgery is it might be tonight or tomorrow now. My surgeon is the same one that did my
    lap band so i am excited about that- he really is a great Dr. thanks once again for the support - that is to everyone!!!