Starting Ripped in 30 for March

Options
busym0m
busym0m Posts: 96 Member
Looking forward to starting Ripped today! I'm aiming for 10 pounds this month!!

Replies

• estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 week 1 and it was great! I am just confused about something. I also do cycle 2x a week so am I suppose to do RI30 for 5 days straight so I will be working out 7 days in a row? The RI30 doesn't seem like enough for me because I don't even burn 200 cals, I'm wondering if this will work for me, I'm use to working out for at least an hour and having a lot of cals to eat......any advice? Thanks and good luck this month!!!
  • busym0m
    Options
    This is what I follow... 2 days Jillian, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest, 2 days jillan, 1 day rest. (this is per Jillian's online recommendation) On my Jillian days, I will sometimes add an extra 20-30 of cardio. I try to vary the intensity and duration of my workouts so I don't plateau. I did 30DS last month and only lost a couple pounds. I think it was because I did the DVD 5 days a week with 1 day of elliptical and only 1 day of rest, so I didn't have much variation. Plus, I found I wasn't drinking enough water. Good luck!
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting Ripped today! I'm aiming for 10 pounds this month!!

Same goal. :)
  • busym0m
    Options
    Glad I have someone else shooting for 10 this month! Helps to keep motivated! I did the first level today and feel good. I was able to keep up with the more advanced person for almost all of it. I wimped out with the last set of pushups and did it on my knees. And the ab move where you're on your side raising yourself on your elbow...I tried doing it on my hand but wow! That was hard!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I started ripped today as well and have a goal of 10-12 pounds for March. I also do zumba or the elliptical 6x a week. So i figured I'd do ripped and about 40 minutes zumba or elliptical to keep workouts at about an hour. My question is are any of you doing weights at the gym or home also, or just what you get in with ripped?
  • busym0m
    Options
    The only weights that I'm doing are in ripped....unless you consider hauling a 25 lb babe around weights! :)
  • busym0m
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level 1. I'm feeling really good and looking forward to moving up a level!
  • aalewine
    aalewine Posts: 8
    Options
    Did day 1 of level 1 yesterday and I am so sore! Especially in my core!
  • autumnsutherland
    autumnsutherland Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am going to start Ripped today. I'm a few days late, but with the busy schedule I've been having, it's hard to fit in fitness sometimes. But as long as I'm part of the team, I have no excuses to not get it done. :) So, Day 1 Level 1 will be tonight. (at work right now) 30 days from now, I hope to be 8 pounds down.
  • busym0m
    Options
    I did my 4th day of level 1 today. I actually started a day early, so I could move up to level 2 tomorrow (doing 4 days of ripped and a day of cardio per week), but I think i might stick with level 1 for an extra day. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow.
  • busym0m
    Options
    Hang in there aalewine! It does get easier!

Let us know what you think of it losingforwinn. I did the shred last month, so it was much easier doing level 1 of ripped than it was of shred.
  • busym0m
    Options
    Started level 2 today and think it's a lot more intense. I never thought that I'd be wishing for a good old fashioned push up! So glad that I had done 30 day shred last month!! I had to stop a couple of times and I had to follow the modified version quite a few times. Maybe I'm just having an off day... ;)
  • estherpab
    Options
    THe modified versions are just as hard and at least you got thru it! Way to go!!! Like I told you I finished day 2 level 1 but I'm still doing the modified versions, cause I have a stress fracture on my hip and can do the Hard versions...
  • busym0m
    Options
    THe modified versions are just as hard and at least you got thru it! Way to go!!! Like I told you I finished day 2 level 1 but I'm still doing the modified versions, cause I have a stress fracture on my hip and can do the Hard versions...

Oh wow! How long will it take to heal?
  • estherpab
    Options

Oh wow! How long will it take to heal?

It's actually going on 3 months and I still haven't healed. It happened while running, so I can still work out I just can't run and although I'm not running I have to take it easy on the squats and lunges, I was a bit sore from it.... I go to the dr in a couple weeks so hopefully I will improve.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 today and think it's a lot more intense. I never thought that I'd be wishing for a good old fashioned push up! So glad that I had done 30 day shred last month!! I had to stop a couple of times and I had to follow the modified version quite a few times. Maybe I'm just having an off day... ;)

I started it today too. It is faster and has a lot of abs! I think it will take me a while to get the hang of this one...by the time i do it will be time to move on. I noticed I didn't burn as many calories though. My HRM didn't show my heart rate getting up as high to burn calories. Hopefully as I get more fluent with the moves that will change. I don't think your having an off day! I'm right there with you on the modified moves! You can do it!! Be great at the modified moves!!
  • busym0m
    Options

I started it today too. It is faster and has a lot of abs! I think it will take me a while to get the hang of this one...by the time i do it will be time to move on. I noticed I didn't burn as many calories though. My HRM didn't show my heart rate getting up as high to burn calories. Hopefully as I get more fluent with the moves that will change. I don't think your having an off day! I'm right there with you on the modified moves! You can do it!! Be great at the modified moves!!

Haha! I sucked at some of the modified moves too. I did elliptical today and tomorrow is my day off. Kind of looking forward to giving it another shot on Thursday though. Second time on a level is usually easier!

You're probably right about your heart rate. I'll bet that day 2 will be higher!
  • aalewine
    aalewine Posts: 8
    Options
    This probably a really stupid question but what is a HRM? Is it something that will just tell you your heart rate during your workout?
  • busym0m
    Options
    It's a heart rate monitor. Not sure what all they can do though.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Most HRMonitors will tell you your heart rate as well as calories burned during the workout. I have a Polar FT4. You will put your age, weight, sex, etc. and it will calculate your target heart rate for calorie burning. For example mine is between 118-155 so when my heart rate gets in that zone I am burning more calories and benefiting from the exercise. That is why some people say these are more accurate than using the MFP calorie rates because it is using your personal heart rate and burn zone. We all exert different amounts of energy during an exercise. I won't burn as much as some people and more than others depending on how hard I'm working. Does that make sense? Yesterday I started week 2 and didn't burn that many calories because I was not moving as fast trying to learn the new exercises but today I burned about 50 more because I was faster and better at the moves. Hope this helps. I love my HRM!