Crazy Sexy Cleanse Recipe Swaps

Options
Hiya Wellness Warriors! Here's our discussion thread to help each other with some creative and yummy recipes that honor the sugar, gluten, and dairy free mantra of the crazy sexy cleanse. Happy Healthy Eating!

Replies

• ShawtyLatina
    ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BELLY VEGAN DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

1 pkg soft (silken) tofu
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup carob powder (you can replace with all cocoa powder or melt 4 to 6 oz of 70% or higher dark chocolate to substitute)
    1 Haas avocado (ripe)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pure vanilla
    1 1/2 tbl of stevia sweetener (you can also replace this with approx 4 tbls of agave nectar but then don't forget to add those calories in the calculation)
    up to 1/2 cup soy milk to thin out for consistency as needed
    pinch of sea salt

Put all ingredients (except soy milk) in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy. Use soy milk to thin out to desired consistency as needed. Pour mixture in 4 oz servings. Refrigerate till firm.

This recipe is high in fiber, calcium, and iron.

For your convenience, you'll find the full nutritional content for this recipe in the MFP food database. Just search for the title of the recipe. I'll also post any of my recipes on my blog for your reference. So let's be sure to friend if we haven't already.

Serves 4. 132 Calories, 15 carbs, 5 fat, 9 protein
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That sounds HEAVENLY!!

For those sensitive to soy, unsweetened almond milk is a great alternative. You can buy it or else make your own.
    To make Almond Milk:
    Soak 5 to 10 almonds overnight in 1 to 2 cups of water (depending on how strong you like it. I use 10+ per 2c.)
    In the morning, fish out the almonds with a fork,
    Remove the dark skins (they slip right off), then
    Blend the almonds and water together on high until no almonds chunks remain.
    Some people strain it before using, but that's not necessary.

You can also add a teaspoon of cocoa powder for a little antioxidant kick! I sometimes add a few vanilla seeds to the blender if I have a vanilla pod handy. It's pure love with both cocoa and vanilla, but I usually just have it plain.
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    HAPPY BELLY GRAPEFRUIT MOJITO SMOOTHIE

2 grapefruits (pink and red are sweeter)
    2 bananas, frozen
    1 inch piece of ginger
    1 cup of mint
    1 cup of coconut water
    1 cup of purified water
    1 tbl of agave syrup (can sub maple or honey)
    1 tbl stevia
    1 tsp vanilla
    dash of sea salt

Blend in a high speed blender until smooth. Add a few ice cubes and blend till chunky.
    [can also add a pinch of cayenne if you like a your drinks with a little kick]
    [could also add a bit of light rum if your looking for the 'extra kick' ;) ]
    116k, 28C, 2P, .3F, 4Fiber - high in potassium and vitamin C

I've entered the recipe in the MFP database. Just look up the title of the recipe to add the nutritional info to your diary.

serves 2 - 4
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    CRAZY SEXY BUDDHA BOWL

Buddha Bowls are fast food for the conscious eater. Use any compbo of slightly steamed, sauteed, or finely chopped raw veggies on top of a gluten-free grain (millet, brown rice, quinoa, what have you). Add an avocado to up the yum factor.

Here's one version. [Note: I have altered some of the amounts from the original recipe to balance the macronutritional value.]

1.5 cups of cooked brown rice

1/2 head of broccoli

1 cup of chickpeas (if using canned, rinse well, then rinse again)

1/2 red/purple onion, diced

1 grated carrot

1 clove garlic

2 tbl flaxseeds (ground)

2 tbl hempseeds (if you don't have any, then replace with flaxseeds or seasame)

4 oz avocado

16 oil cured black olives

1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper

sea salt to taste

1/4 of veggie stock (if required)

Cook brown rice in water. If using raw veggies, finely chop (or even better, use a mandoline) and then toss with the rice while it's still hot. This will help in wilting the vegetable without minimizing any of its nutients. If steaming or "pan-frying veggies, then use veggie stock instead of oil. Season to taste. Be creative. Whatever herbs suit your palette. Cilantro, basil, parsley, oregano, cumin... The world of herbs and spices is your new sandbox. Play and enjoy!

332k, 45.9c, 13.5f (mostly mono and polysatuated fats), 10.8p, 11.1 fiber

high in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and iron

SERVES 4 OR 2 HUNGRY PPL
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    CRAZY SEXY DIET URBAN ZEN JUICE

8 large romaine leaves

6 kale leaves

2 granny smith apples

2 fuji apples

1 head of fennel

1/2 head celery

1 whole cucumber

1 yellow pepper

12 oz pack baby spinach

1" piece ginger root

1 whole lemon

In a large bowl, soak the romaine and kale leaves in cold water. Gently stir the leaves to help remove the sand. Lift the leaves out of the water and place in a new bowl. Wash the rest of the fruit and vegetables in cold water. Cut all into small pieces that will easily fit into the mouth of the juicer. proceed to juice all ingredients, alternating between the leafy veggies and the fruit. Store in the refrigeator up till 2 days.

If you don't have access to a juicer machine (like me), pop everything into a blender with a bit of water or coonut water. If you have a high speed blender, feel free to include the skins. Once blended, remove and strain well.

114k, 27.9c, 3.1p, .4f (no fiber because we're removing it through the juicing or straining process. This is what is giving our digestive tract a break and moving the cleansing along.)

super high in vitamin A and vitamin C, also high in potassium and iron

serves 8 (makes 8 cups)
  • banishthebelly
    banishthebelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm SO trying this tonight!
    :-)
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    HAPPY BELLY PASTA & MARINARA (RAW VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE)

This recipe is meant for one serving, but I found it to be very filling, so I ended up breaking it up into two servings. But at only approx 215 cals for the entire dish, be sure to compliment this with a huge salad if you're going to half the recipe.

1 large zucchini

1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

dash of celtic sea salt

sprinkle of pepper

---

1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes

1 tbl of nuts (I used pine nuts, but you could also use macademia or cashews)

1/2 cup of room temp purified water

1/4 of a red or yellow pepper

1 roma tomato

1/4 tsp o f thyme

1/8 of oregano

dash of celtic sea salt

1/2 tsp to a tsp of raw apple cider vinegar or 1/2 tsp of lemon juice

1/2 tsp of molasses or 1 date

extra virgin olive oil as needed

1/2 tbl of nutritional yeast

2 tbl of basil chiffonade

Turn the zucchini into "noodles" by either spiralizing them in a spiral slicer or use a mandoline to make the thinnest slices. Stack the slices and then cut them into thin strips ressembling spaghetti. Marinate the zucchini in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Take a few minutes to massage the oil into the noodles to soften them.

In a cup, soak the sundried tomatoes and the nuts in purified water. Let sit for 30 min, 60 min if you can spare it.

When ready, place the remaining ingredients into a high speed blender or a food processor with the S blade; leave out the nutritional yeast and the basil.

Process until the sauce is your desired consistency. I made mine smooth with just a bit of chunk. Empty the sauce into a bowl when done and add the basil and nutrional yeast (minus a tsp). Stir to mix. The flavor of this sauce will deepen over time. So best to make this an hour or so ahead if you can.

Serve sauce over noodles, sprinkle with the left over nutritional yeast and garnish with a basil leaf. Enjoy!

If you want to up the caloric value and make this a heartier dish, you can mix some of the zucchini noodles with carrot noodles and add more nuts or oil to the recipe.

Interesting fact... This recipe provides a 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C and almost half of the RDA for Vitamin A. Yeah for nutrition!
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    This recipe is so generously being contributed by a lovely group member, Solarpower4. Thanks JJ!!

JJ's KALUMBERCADO Soup Smoothie (cukes & avocado)

1 English cucumber (or 1.5 regular cukes), peeled and cut into spears (too gritty with the peel)
    1/2 avocado
    1 lemon OR lime, juice of (be extra careful to remove all seeds)
    2 leaves of lacinato kale, torn into pieces and center rib removed (collard green also works)
    1.5 cups almond milk (if none on hand, toss in 6 almonds, skins removed and 1.5 cup water)

Toss everything into a blender. Blend on Medium until all big chunks are gone, then turn on High for another minute to make sure the kale is completely pureed. Serve cold. Add less water for a thicker soup, more water for a very liquid smoothie, a full avocado for extra creaminess.

Enjoy! 8-)
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    HAPPY BELLY IMMUNE INJECTION FRUITY REFRESHER

1 kiwi peeled (about 56g)
    1/2 grapefruit (meat and juice removed - about 100g)
    1c strawberries (i used organic frozen - about 140g)
    1/2c sliced red apples (about 60g)
    2 tbl basil (about 20g)
    2 tbl mint (about 20g)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    3 stevia packets (or 2 tbl honey or agave)
    4 oz coconut water
    12 oz purified water

Throw everything into a blender and whiz away until creamy and frothy.
    Provides 410% of the RDA of your vitmin C, 47% of your vitamin A, 20% of your calcium (without the dairy), 22% of iron, and 11g of fiber. All from fruits and herbs. Wow!!
    You can up the nutritional value without affecting the flavor much by adding 1 tsp chia seeds, 1/2 tsp spirulina powder, or replace the water with almond milk or all coconut water.
    Happy blending!