What's your strength routine?

Options
karisma81
karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
Share what you're doing (or planning to do) to get stronger.

I posted this in another thread, but this is mine. To start, I'm doing 2 sets of 8-10 reps for most exercises.

One Legged Squat
Pull ups (with toes of one foot on a chair for assistance).
Dumbbell Lunges
Mason Twists (Russian Twists)
Push ups
Dumbbell Squats
Lawnmower (One arm bent over row)
Overhead Tricep Extension
Dumbell Calf Raises
Plank (front and side)
Hip Bridge with one leg raise

Replies

• heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Today was my first day of strength trainging. I did 5 min of jumping rope and then I did 5 sets of 12 reps swats and 5 sets of 12 reps bench press with the barbell (45lbs). Then I did a 50 min Zumba Toning class with 3lb weights.

Here is my plan for this week.

MWF: Cardio (Zumba)

Tues: 5 sets of 12 reps - Squats and Shoulder Press
    Thur: 5 sets of 12 reps - Deadlift (barbell only) and Chin Ups
    Sat: 5 sets of 12 reps - Squats and bench Press

M-F: 200 sit ups (100 Morning and 100 Night)

I'm eating approx 1200 - 1400 cals a day.
  • deestew58
    deestew58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll start with the fitness routines from the on Demand cable
    they have 20-30 mins workouts/strength training

I'll workout 3 times a week to start
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    Chest: Chest press barbell 4 sets 10 reps 55-70lbs
    Triceps: dumbbell kickbacks 3 sets 10 reps 15lbs -or- scull crushers 25lb ez barbell

Thursday
    Back: Rows dumbbells 4 sets 10 reps 20 lbs
    Biceps: ez barbell curls 4 sets 10 reps 25lbs

Saturday
    Chest: Chest press barbell 4 sets 10 reps 55-70lbs
    Triceps: or Assisted dips 3 sets 6 reps

Sunday
    Back Assisted pullups 3 sets to failure about 4-5 reps
    Biceps: ez bar curls 4 sets 10 reps 25lbs

3xweek (body weight only)
    Squats: 4 sets , 10 reps
    lunges: 4 sets , 10 reps
    side lunges: 4 sets , 10 reps
    Yoga 20 min
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I've joined a training program and go 3-5 times a week. Each class is 60 minutes and EVERY class is different. There is always some running component, I guess it averages 15 -20 minutes each class. Then we do any (sometimes all) of the following: Burpees, froggers, deadlifts, planks, squats, lunges, sumo walks, russian twists, toe touches, regular crunches, plate pushes, pushups, plate pulls, chest press, tricep press, curls, weighted lunges, static holds, ladder runs, etc, etc....we do a lot of "pyramids" they call it, where we do set of 12, followed by a set of 10, and down wards until a very low number. I know this is not a regular strength program, but I definately feel stronger, have been able to use larger weights and complete more sets. We do a 10 minute warm up each class, which is 5 mins around the track, jogging, sprinting, skipping, kaorokes, and then 5 mins of dyanamic stretches. The class is always different, always hard. And I am SO glad I found it!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've joined a training program and go 3-5 times a week. Each class is 60 minutes and EVERY class is different. There is always some running component, I guess it averages 15 -20 minutes each class. Then we do any (sometimes all) of the following: Burpees, froggers, deadlifts, planks, squats, lunges, sumo walks, russian twists, toe touches, regular crunches, plate pushes, pushups, plate pulls, chest press, tricep press, curls, weighted lunges, static holds, ladder runs, etc, etc....we do a lot of "pyramids" they call it, where we do set of 12, followed by a set of 10, and down wards until a very low number. I know this is not a regular strength program, but I definately feel stronger, have been able to use larger weights and complete more sets. We do a 10 minute warm up each class, which is 5 mins around the track, jogging, sprinting, skipping, kaorokes, and then 5 mins of dyanamic stretches. The class is always different, always hard. And I am SO glad I found it!

that sounds similar to the crossfit i did for a few months. i figured i'd try it for awhile because i had no idea how to do any of it, and then i could probably do most of it at home. it turns out i'm just as successful at making myself sore at home as i was at the box, haha. it was great while i was there, but too expensive for our budget. for about the same price as one month's membership i was able to buy most of the things i needed to do it at home.
  • Gladiolus
    Gladiolus Posts: 20
    Options
    I'll be doing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred during May. Never tried it before. Excited to see results!
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm barely starting out. Right now I'm following Mark Sisson's Primal Blue Print Fitness. So right now I'm doing body weight exercises 2 days a week I'm not strong yet wall squats, wall push ups, 100# lat pulldowns, planks, and some Kb.