BAG END TO RIVENDELL

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    3 miles of running tuesday, 4 mils on the bike today, puts me at 29.5 miles!
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Today I set foot out of bag end.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I did 4.4 miles on the elliptical today. I'm close crossing the Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge to enter Tookland.
  • Raukodraug
    Raukodraug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Two weeks in and I've stopped to rest, eat, and rest some more. By tomorrow I should run into the first Nazgûl... :devil:
  • missbethea
    Options
    I did 13.1 miles on the bike today :)

That's a total of 17.5 miles.

"Climb a steep slope. Pippins yawns."
  • hart1tm
    hart1tm Posts: 20
    Options
    Did 2.5mi today. Just short of the bridge. I'll get past it tomorrow though.
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    Today I walked 3 miles so I am where the Road rolls up and down.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Up to 31.5 miles and am stopping to rest, eat and rest some more. Should reach the first black rider tomorrow, provided that it doesn't snow too bad tonight...
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    100 mi. in.
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    23.36 miles on the stationary bike today, not a bad beginning.
  • missbethea
    Options
    Yesterday: 1.4 miles walked, 14.4 on the stationary bike

Now up to a total of 33.5 miles!

This just happened: Road ahead runs fairly straight and level. Behind them it curves slightly. BLACK RIDER. Sam and Pippin hide in a hollow. Frodo behind tree by road

OHNOES!
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Total is up to 41.2 Miles. "And NOW to bed!" Pippin says, when BLACK RIDER is heard again (ca. 9 p.m.). ELVES arrive, RIDER leaves, and Frodo & Co. continue with Elves.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm coming into this group late and using my walking records since Feb 6th (129.3) as my starting point. I hope that's ok.

So, based on the tracking chart at http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html, it appears I'm 6.8 miles into "Return to Great East Road (ca.5:30). Tom departs. Strider sees them, but hides." If all goes well, I should reach Bree by the end of the day today ;)
  • missbethea
    Options
    I'm at a total of 42.1 miles! Wood more dense, and lane went lower, running in a fold of hills, with hazel on the slopes alongside. Pippin quickly becomes sleepy.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've reached a total of 46.1 miles today. Me and the dog are stopping to camp in Woody End after traveling with the elves.
  • Raukodraug
    Raukodraug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Reached 47.6 miles tonight. So, late morning on day 3, I've just seen the Nazgûl for the second time.
  • numindan
    Options
    I'm a little bit behind posting my walk.

03/07/2012 - Reached Bree - Reach Bree. Stay at The Prancing Pony. Meet Strider. Ponies stolen during night. (135 mi)
    03/08/2012 - 1/2 way between East Road and Chetwood (138.5 mi)
    03/09/2012 - Still on road to Chetwood (142.9 mi)
    03/10/2012 - Finally made it to Chetwood - Head east. Ground dropping slowly. Quiet and peaceful. (151.73 mi)
  • numindan
    Options
    03/11/2012 - On my way to camp in Eastern Chetwood. Sick, so not much actual walking. How did the hobbits manage it? (152.73)

03/12/2012 - Still working my way to camp in east Chetwood (156.73)
  • Darklight464
    Darklight464 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok - haven't posted for a week or so...cos I forgot. Anyway, since the 1st March I have covered 12.5 miles which takes me from the 40 mile mark to 52.5 miles!

That means I am now on day 3 and .5 miles into Reach area of the Marish with fields, meadows, hedges, gates, and drainage dikes.
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Total 62.2 miles
    After a turnip field there is a stout gate to a rutted lane, edged by hedges.