Another fabulous breakfast option

Options
arwensb
arwensb Posts: 275 Member
I made this in muffin tins so they are already individually portioned. Two of them makes a fabulous and low-cal snack with good protein. Mix in or top with anything you want - berries, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips. All are delicious. I also added a bunch of other spices (ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg) to give it a pumpkin pie sort of taste. I am hooked on these! They freeze well, so you can make a big batch and after they are cool individually wrap them and store in the freezer to grab on the way to work.

Baked Oatmeal "Muffins"
2 eggs
1 can pumpkin (if you don't like pumpkin, you can substitute 2 cups of unsweetened applesauce)
5 cups oats
1 banana, mashed
2 3/4 cups milk or almond milk (I used water)
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 1/2 tsp stevia (or 1 cup honey)
1 tbsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
Mix ins (or put on top) - raisins, walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, almonds, dried fruit, berries, shredded coconut.....

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, banana and stevia together.
Add oats, salt, baking powder, flax and cinnamon and mix well.
Add milk and mix well.
At this point you can add your mix-ins. Or, you can save them to put on top.
Pour into greased muffin tins (or you can make in a regular baking dish). If you make in muffin tins, you can top each one differently if you want for variety. So if one member of your family loves coconut but hates nuts...you get my drift.
Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

Replies

• Ashleyanne271
    Ashleyanne271 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yum! I eat oatmeal EVERY day for breakfast, so this sounds amazing! Do you know how many calories are in each one?
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yum! I eat oatmeal EVERY day for breakfast, so this sounds amazing! Do you know how many calories are in each one?
    Made the way I put it above, with the pumpkin and with chocolate chips on top, it came out to 24 individual servings (nice large batch). Each serving is 78 calories, 3.4g protein, 1.3g sugar
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    These sound like an AWESOME on the go breakfast for me! Thanks for adding the calorie info!
  • roseweiler
    roseweiler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!