Evening snacking is my biggest problem...

Options
So, I'm saying NO to that bag of peanut butter pretzels, that jar of nuts, that mini Snickers bar.

THE KITCHEN IS CLOSED FOR THE NIGHT.

Replies

• kaydeexoxo
    kaydeexoxo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love it !
  • Donkeydriver
    Options
    well, I already blew this rule since I just finished a grapefruit ... but I do like this idea... I'm hoping that by joining this group... it will motivate me to stop eating in the pm! thanks
  • KarlalouK
    KarlalouK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible evening snacker. I will eat something and then feel rubbish so I don't even enjoy it. I have taken up knitting to keep my hands busy!
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I took up knitting as well. It's wonderful.
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    herbal tea is my saviour! only 2 cals a cup and the warm liquid in my tummy is a cool trick on my body! :D shhh i won't tell it if you don't!
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    PB Pretzels! I could not have those in the house.

I do drink tea after 8pm. it's a life saver for sure and so soothng.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I do drink tea after 8pm. it's a life saver for sure and so soothng.
    [/quote]

I agree, bought a dozen flavors to keep me occupied after 8....sweet! :drinker:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of fritos staring me in the face.
  • blondejillie
    Options

THROW THEM DOWN AND STOMP THE CRAP OUT OF EM.:noway:
  • MLA5FL
    MLA5FL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I found a yummy treat for those who crave dessert or something crunchy in the evening - Kellogs chocolately pretzel bars. They are only 90 calories and really good. Just be sure to have it on stand by for 4:45 before your kitchen closes each night. Yoplait chocolate whips are really good to satisfy a sweet tooth :)
  • MLA5FL
    MLA5FL Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Yes, stomp, stomp, STOMP!!!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.. i.e., evening snacking before dinner. I do great during the day. But, my problem starts after I leave work and pick up my kids from extended care and head home. My kids have have extra classes or practices that they need to go after school. So we tend a snack after school and a late dinner (between 7:30 and 8pm). For me, in between the classes and the dinner, I am super hungry that I feel like I can eat a truck load of food :-(. when I eat this crap, I feel full and not want to ate my healthy dinner.

I need to fix this behaviour/mentality that my snacks are snacks and not the size of dinner. Any advice or ideas to fix my problem ?
  • blondejillie
    Options
    I'm struggling with this in a big way. I tend not to be hungry before noon, and pack in all my calories from 3pm on. This is something I know I MUST CHANGE in order to be successful. Let's work on this together. Research has shown that when a person joins a community that is working on something together, they are more likely to succeed. Let's DO IT....!!!
  • blondejillie
    Options
    I'm becoming addicted to the Barbecue Pop Chips dipped in plain Greek Yogurt. Wierd but really yummy.
  • RedBull0512
    Options
    Oh dear, at last, I find people who struggle against that yummy evening snack too... I will absolutely adopt the herbal tea habit to see if I can refrain from my late-night kitchen trips.
  • freelancemummy
    freelancemummy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a young one (just turned 12 months) and we eat dinner early...5:30-6:00. I'm a freelancer so I work late evening after she's gone to bed. This is a tough one since I'm often up working until midnight, If I'm not working I'm watching TV. The evenings get me because I'm not prepared, with a yummy low calorie snack. HELP.

My go-to night time snacks are ice cream or chips. I do great all day, nutrition wise, and whamo!
  • Sjs12892
    Sjs12892 Posts: 1
    Options
    Since it's the summertime, I have a lot of free time and stay up late. However, the later I stay up, the more I'm likely to be hungry. Therefore, I've been snacking late at night. This also occured a lot during the school year....yikes. I hope this group will help me stay on track to never snack! (haha that rhymed).