What type of nursing do you do?

Options

Replies

• normer
    normer Posts: 10
    Options
    Emergency for the last 10.5 years.. Love it!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Currently working as a Field case manager doing worker's compensation. Been doing this for several years now. Have done various types of nursing from med-surg, ortho, ICU and home health before getting into the case managemetn arena. Enjoy it but the driving is starting to get to me as I'm getting older. Some days I end up doing up to 200+ miles.....:smile:
  • LWolford84
    LWolford84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a trauma ICU nurse with a background also in CV ICU ( open heart, transplant, VAD) and I am currently in grad school working on my masters in nursing education
  • ace24park
    Options
    I am a nurse on an ICU step-down unit in Columbia, Maryland
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi : ) I work in the ICU/CCU. 12 hours. 3p-3a.
    That shift sounds better than 7p-7a need to talk my manager into it.
    It is and I did too back in my ICU days. Those last 4 from 3-7 killed me. You may want to ask another nurse to work opposite of you!!
    I now do Home Care,and I love it. Flexible, and my territory happens to be my town!
  • becca2222
    Options
    I am an LPN at a long-term care nursing home, with plans on returning to school in Aug 2012 to finish the RN program; then my husband and I are planning on moving to the South Carolina or Virginia area.
  • channyh1986
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm a sister in theatres (OR ) I blame nursing for eating badly. : )
    Good luck everyone on your weight loss journey !!
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm an RN on the infectious diseases/general pediatrics/short stay/complex care unit of a paediatric hospital. We are kind of the catch-all as kids come into the hospital from the ED. If they don't know where to send them, they must be ours!
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm an English nurse from London and I'm a psychiatric nurse working on a triage ward ;)
  • bperry83
    bperry83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i am a nurse on an inpatient and swingbed floor in a teeny tiny hospital working from 7p-7a.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    LPN doing crisis care for Hospice. I work 13 hour night shifts and often have to drive an hour or more to my patient's home...makes for a long night.
  • princess269
    Options
    LTAC 7a-7p . I also Luke the idea of 3p- 3a better ! It would fit my natural sleep pattern!
  • justinsgirl2017
    Options
    I am an RN in orthopedic surgery. I love my job, being able to perform both the circulator and scrub positions.
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    I am currently a Medical Assistant working at my local hospital in their medical group. I am also attending nursing school for my ASN-RN at ITT Tech. I also volunteer at local free clinics when I have free time.
  • nurseshannon1975
    Options
    Did 10 years on Med/Tele. 1 year in ER and now on my 3rd year of home care and loving it! :heart:
  • heatmack
    heatmack Posts: 29
    Options
    I work full time, 12 hour shifts in Post partum, I use to work in Labour and delivery :)
  • coylelaura
    coylelaura Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am an RN and have been working in an emergency department for 6 years. I recently finished grad school & am currently looking for a job as a Clinical Nurse Leader.
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow nurses! I'm a Community RN working in the UK. Love it and don't think I'll ever change till I retire. 5 day week, days and evenings, 8hr shifts.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a radiology nurse. I work interventional radiology for adults and MRI in a pediatric hospital.
  • jes1975
    jes1975 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse in the OR. I perform both the circulating role and the scrub role. I love both.

me too!