Open Diary

Options
Hi Guy's how many of you have your diary public? Mine is, I figured it would help idea's for eating NZ foods etc. Anyone else on 1200 cals and who is it working for?

Replies

• Chelle7475
    Chelle7475 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good idea blackbetty,was just scouring nz members today looking for some new ideas for foods/meals from nz, didnt find many! will be handy having a few people post in here so can centralise it! Mine's open but im at 1600cals
  • Chelle7475
    Chelle7475 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...ok cant get mfp to make diary public...have changed it in settings but no joy. Ideas anyone?
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    black betty do you realise your sodium is set at 2500 in your diarie? I have to figure out how to make mine public, not that I eat that great, im trying! lol and I was starving on 1200 so I upped it up 1300 and still loosing weight.
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    Not sure if I have mine open for public viewing, you're most welcome to take a gander! I do like the idea of looking at fellow MFP members' diaries to check out some foods that would be suitable for me and within my calorie intake. I'm on 1320 cals per day. It's been great so far. What I do like about MFP is that even if you don't feel like doing any exercises but stay within your calorie limit then it slows down the weight loss as opposed to doing 30 to 60 min cardio whether it be walking/jogging or any other form of exercise and still eat within your limit then of course the weight loss speeds up. So even though you burn off calories, it bumps up your calorie intake which I thought well, what's the point in that? LOL Sorry, I'm rambling on...
  • blackbetty66
    Options
    Cool, thanks.
  • blackbetty66
    Options
    Hmm not sure how I change the sodium setting......
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    Ok just checked and I'm actually on 1290 cals a day. I was initially on 1320 when I first started on MFP. Probably reduced perhaps because I've lost a few kgs? *shrug* Gosh, I do need to cut back on my salt intake! Not good for someone with hypertension.
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My diary is public - I decided that it would keep me on track! And yes - how do you change the sodium setting? I keep mine as low as possible (under 1500 if poss.) but would really like to change the target to that. Help would be much appreciated.
  • angenz
    angenz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends. Feel free to add me if you like.
    I am aiming for around 1000cals per day.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends. Feel free to add me if you like.
    I am aiming for around 1000cals per day.
    You really should not have less than 1200 per day - that's the safe guideline for women
  • blackbetty66
    Options
    Hi Opal, I did find out how to change sodium, search under "change sodium" on community page cause I already forgot how I did it!
  • hamsio
    hamsio Posts: 26
    Options
    Mine is open now.
    I used to have it closed because *gasp* I didnt want people seeing. But then thought about it and I know having it public will make me try harder. Just have to make myself track the bad days as well... So opened it up to friends.

I am on much higher daily allowance than most of you but I have alot of weight to move.
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Was working around 1200 but doing more exercise so eating back some now, is working better for me. Diary is open to friends, feel free to add me if you wish. Love to have new friends, especially from NZ :)
  • wasro
    wasro Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I didn't realise that it would make such a difference until I got pulled up for not eating enough veggies :smile:
    They were right of course, I was carb loading and didn't even realise it. Going public with your diary adds another dimension to MFP.
  • BatWoman2012
    Options
    i have an open diary feel free to add me especially if you have an open diary too, always looking for new ideas! I keep my calorie intake at about 1200-1500 :)
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1200, and open to my friends. If you want to add me feel free to, it's always nice to have other NZ'ers to get relevant tips from!!
    1200 has been working well for me so far! A lot of people say it's too low, but everyone is different, and so far it's working for me so i'm stinking at it! =) Xx
  • jamface11
    jamface11 Posts: 87
    Options
    Mines open for perusal...although i'm trying (not doing very well at the moment) to stay under 1700. Always happy for some new friends, especially ones who can be supportive :)
  • mellifluousnz
    mellifluousnz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To change your sodium settings:

MY HOME (tab at top) > Goals > Change Goals > Custom then Continue

:)

To open your Diary

MY HOME > Settings > Diary Settings > Scroll to bottom and select *private*public*friends only*lock with password > Save Changes

Hope this helps
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. Had it open to public for a while but got some "odd" private messages. :blushing: :laugh:
  • NZchiquita
    NZchiquita Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just made mine open to public - maybe I will get some nudges/comments from some hopefully helpful people!