Phase 2, Week 5 and 6

Options
For all things related to Phase 2, Week 5 and 6

Replies

• sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OMG, Cardio 2 is torture! The only blessing is that the circuits are only 30 seconds instead of a minute like with Cardio 1. Hopefully, it will be easier at the end of the month. I am sure that I said a lot of curse words the first time I did Cardio 1 and I find it easy now. But oh my, it is quite a workout. Lots of jumping moves which I have to be really careful with since I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. :( I add a lot more stretching than she does at the end of the DVDs. Most of the moves in cardio 2 are from the other DVDs in this plan or from her other programs but boy does she put them all together in one killer workout. NoI getting away from the shake your butt thing either. Let me know what y'all think about the workout. I do have a lot of weight to lose so it might not be so bad for those of you who are already pretty fit. :)
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started Phase 2 today.....WHOO BOY! I can't do the all of the military push-up side plank thingie in Workout 5! I did about 2 or 3 and then did modified push-ups. I'm going to practice my crescent pose form more cause I didn't really feel anything like I think I should have during the "fly" maneuver.

Cardio 2 is a challenge too....geez!

I'm just hoping that things become easier as I get used to the routine and more fit!

I am going to do Workout 6 tomorrow!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with my first week of doing workouts 5 & 6! Workout 5 is by far the most challenging so far and workout 6 is a great workout, but definitely not as difficult! I've been doing cardio 2 since week 1 so it's not new for me, but I still love it! One more week of these workouts and I'm moving on to weeks 7 & 8!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I start #5 today and I'm a little scared. BUT, I remember starting #4 thinking it was so awful and I'll never get through this...guess what...I got through it and now I can't wait to do a new workout. There are still certain exercises I just can't do, and probably will never be able to do:

Weights over your head, down on one knee, down on the other knee, back up. I can't do any kneeling things, it's way too painful so I do more squats or something else. I can't even do that one-knee stretch at the end.

I can only do 6 regular pushups (5 more than before I started!) so I modify for the last few. But, hey, IT'S OK, I didn't quit.
  • roander
    Options
    I totally HATED workout 5. It was so boring! I didn't say easy...I just hated every exercise in it. LOL
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to step my military push up game up!

I can only do three of the military style push up-side arm raise thingamabobs before I shut down and have to do modified push ups. During the second go 'round I don't even attempt to try and just do modified push-ups! :-(
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I cheated and did Workout 6 once already and I'm tempted to try Workout 5 and Cardio 2 too. I previewed 5 and it looked tough!

I did think 6 was a bit too advanced for me so I know I need to be patient and wait until I technically get into week 5 ;)

Great job ladies!
  • sdsmom
    Options
    Roander I HATED workout 5 the first time I did it. I did it for the second time yesterday and it really wasn't that bad. The crab moves are still my least favorite of all the moves. Cardio 2 is getting easier for me as well. Stefanie83 Workout 6 has some tough moves! I'm not 100% sure I'm getting the positions right, nor am I able to get my knees as close to the ground as they do with some of those squat moves. I was pleased though with the running man in Workout 6. I was never able to do it until the very end of month 1 in cardio 1. Even then it was for a few seconds. Now I can do it fairly easily. I feel like I am getting a little lighter on my feet. :)
  • roander
    Options
    After workout 5 I hurt for two days! Yesterday I didn't feel well and I was really hungry. I started my #6 but only got through 10 minutes. I wondered if I had been pushing myself too hard and I just had to take a rest. Today I did a kickboxing workout because I knew I wasn't ready to push hard with Jillian quite yet.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started Phase 2 yesterday with workout 5 and did workout 6 this morning. I am BEAT! They're definitely a step up from Phase 1! Cardio 2 is on my calendar for tomorrow, and reading your posts about cardio 2, I'm not looking forwward to it!

The only thing I love so far about workouts 5 and 6 is that I burn more calories during the 30 minutes than I ever did in Phase 1.
  • roander
    Options
    Enjoyed #6 way more than #5. I can't jump. I just can't get any height! Maybe I'm internally afraid my knees will give out. I twisted my ankle something awful in October and it still hurts if I touch it in just the right spot. I get horrible pain on the outside of my foot and I think maybe that has something to do with it.

So, fast feet are not that fast, jumping jacks are out...but I can now do 6 of the planks where you lift your weights (on each side) - I thought that I'd never be able to do that!
  • myeatman
    myeatman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I start Phase 2 tomorrow! I'm excited and scared at the same time! Wish me luck!
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    So I watched workout 5 and 6 since I start it next week, and to see what everyone was going on and on about. YIKES! I'm a little scared. I still cannot do millitary pushups so i'm going to have a hard time. All I can say is you ladies ROCK that have been pushing thru these workouts!!
  • sdsmom
    Options
    Workout 5 is the hardest for me so far but it gets better! I still can't lift my leg on the crabs but can do just about all of them now. Good luck!
  • roander
    Options
    Cardio 2 is too much for me. I may have to go back to Cardio 1. I like the variety of exercises, but they're mostly too high impact for me.

I totally can't lift my legs on the crabs! What about those side lifts (I can't remember what she calls them). Where you lay on your side with your bottom hand holding your shoulder while you push your torso up with your other hand. OMG. I couldn't push up at all!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i think i'm going to die. workout 5 was SOOO HARD. the cable punches, omgggg. all the supersets kill me. my triceps feel achy and i just got done! the second circuit is killer. kudos to all those who are already in week 6 of the program - you only have a few more times with workout 5 ha ha!
  • sdsmom
    Options
    Cardio 2 is too much for me. I may have to go back to Cardio 1. I like the variety of exercises, but they're mostly too high impact for me.

I totally can't lift my legs on the crabs! What about those side lifts (I can't remember what she calls them). Where you lay on your side with your bottom hand holding your shoulder while you push your torso up with your other hand. OMG. I couldn't push up at all!

Don't give up yet! The first time I did it I basically just sweated and cussed at my TV. It gets better! It's still not easy but it definitely gets better!
  • sdsmom
    Options
    i think i'm going to die. workout 5 was SOOO HARD. the cable punches, omgggg. all the supersets kill me. my triceps feel achy and i just got done! the second circuit is killer. kudos to all those who are already in week 6 of the program - you only have a few more times with workout 5 ha ha!

I am thankful to only have to do workout 5 one more time. But who knows what 7 will be like! My triceps were sore for a week after the first time I did 5. It is tough but it gets easier!
  • roander
    Options
    Do those people have springs on their shoes? I don't know how they jump so high. I can't kick my butt and land my feet on the floor too. It's one or the other.

I'm inner thighs hurt like heck from horseback riding yesterday - now THOSE are the muscles I need to be working!
  • roander
    Options
    Second day of #5. I said I hated it the first time around, and you're right sdsmom, I don't hate it as much this time around. It's definitely harder...I can finally do regular crabs!

I had to laugh when the very first yoga stretch move had about 14 components to it. "OK watch me...bend, stretch, touch your toes, back up, plank, jump back, cowabunga (or whatever she called it), look at the ceiling, thighs off the floor, downward dog, butt to the sky, jump feet between your hands and back up. Now you do it.