Question for my fellow Banders????

hhamilton1203
hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
So i have been banded for a little over 4 months and i have read and responded to some peoples posts about there progress, however i have one question................ Do you eat a 1/2 cup (4 oz) a meal or 1 cup (8oz) a meal ??????????????????
I have heard from some people they do 1/2 cup and some people do a cup........ I would love some feed back..

Thank you everyone ....

Replies

• BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    i eat at least a cup. prolly more, but i dont really have any restriction right now. i only have 3 cc in my band and it didnt really do much. i have my 2nd fill on the 23rd. hopefully my amount needed will go down.
  • freakingenius
    freakingenius Posts: 40 Member
    when i had the band i could initially eat about 1/2 cup, about 1 year post op i could eat about 1 cup, BUT it depended on the texture of the meal... the more firm the texture (chicken breast/steak/firm veggies/solid cheeses), the less i could eat....the mushier or more liquid the more i could eat (soups/yogurt/cereal/ice cream*sigh*/pasta with sauce). if i drank while i ate, i could eat more (yeah i was a rule breaker back then!). that's probably been one of the more challenging aspects of converting to the gastric bypass. i can't drink and eat at the same time, the liquid doesn't make the food flow out of the pouch faster, it only fills up the pouch, taking space that food should fill.

oh yeah, don't be a rule breaker like me! don't drink & eat at the same time!
  • My Doctor (who is a proctor and teaches lap-band operations) says to eat 4 oz of protein (by volume) and 5-6 oz of produce each meal and no more or it can cause a slip.
    at 3:39 on tape
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf7YDHj9oYo&feature=g-user-u&context=G20500a3UCGXQYbcTJ33aozOiKUHVENrA0rZRdtsY2WvJ_fgvFLss

Good luck to you:)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    I go for 1 cup..I refuse to eat less than 1200 calories..and if I was eating 1/2 cup I would be starving my body of what it needs to survive. I don't know what doctors are saying 1/2 cup...our company (I work for the company that bands me) says 3 oz protein, 1/2 cup veggies and 1/4 cup whole grains is a band meal. snacks are smaller, 1-2oz protein and small fruit or small carb.
  • So i have been banded for a little over 4 months and i have read and responded to some peoples posts about there progress, however i have one question................ Do you eat a 1/2 cup (4 oz) a meal or 1 cup (8oz) a meal ??????????????????
    I have heard from some people they do 1/2 cup and some people do a cup........ I would love some feed back..

Thank you everyone ....

I do about 6 oz per meal. 4 oz of that being meat. the other 2oz veggies.