Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

Options

Replies

• mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a fruit parfait.

1 cup dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup frozen fruit (pineapple is my favorite)
    1/8 cup granola.

It's easy and I get my sweet tooth fix.
  • lottaheat
    lottaheat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast, though...Over-easy egg with spinach, tomato, and canadian bacon.

Take one non stick pan - in one "corner" crack an egg to start cooking, in the rest of the 3/4 of the pan put a small pile of fresh spinach leaves, one slice of canadian bacon, and a thick slice of tomato. Flip them all over at the appropriate times, (the tomato and ham just get hot, the spinach wilts a little bit - not too much though) sprinkle with salt and pepper, then stack on a plate - canadian bacon on the bottom, then tomato, spinach, and egg on top. The egg yolk runs into everything when you break it and makes it almost saucy. But it's delicious when you get a bite of all of that together. Yum!
  • joank0326
    Options
    i have a couple: waffles with chunky peanut butter. I use Skippys Natural Chunky with honey. You can spread a small amount while the waffles are still warm. you need less peanut butter this way. Sometimes w/honey and sometimes just chunky with no honey.

This is my most favorite: 1 egg, along with 1/4 egg whites, scramble but not completely done. Spread lowfat breakstone cottage cheese over the eggs. Top with a tortilla (i used wheat). Have a frying pan that is close to the size of the tortilla. This steams the tortilla and softens it. Cook until just warm. Put a plate over the top and flip over. I then put some black beans, sometimes corn and a lot of salsa. The cottage cheese will separate some and make the tortilla soft. Very filling. i sometimes use different flavored tortilla, like cilantro or jalepeno.

Using half of a english muffin,slice a tomato, put on top and toast. then put a slice of extra sharp white cheese on top and toast a little more. you can also add spinach. So you would have wheat muffin, spinach, tomato and then cheese.

Saute mushrooms and onions in a teaspoon of olive oil. Placing a lid over the pan helps them steam and cook faster. Then add some veggies (zucchini, asparagus, water chestnuts, carrots, red yellow or green peppers). I cut them all about the same size, small cubes. When cooked soft enough for you, add spinach leaves until they wilt a little, add 1 egg and 1/4 cup of egg whites. You can sprinkle parmesean cheese over the top.
  • KarenC1933
    KarenC1933 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You might want to try using cashew butter or almond butter on a whole wheat english muffin instead. Both cashew butter and almond butter are naturally sweeter tasting than peanut butter, and it makes for a nice change.:happy:
  • DaveLowus
    Options
    Try eating what you would normally eat for dinner for breakfast. The other day I ate a tuna fish sandwich for breakfast. I did what my dietitian told me to do eat more protein for breakfast. I wasn't hungry all morning. In some countries they eat soup for breakfast.
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My faves:

Omelette (Made with 2 eggs whisked with 2 Tablespoons water, then filled with whatever vegies you like and 10ish grams of cheese)
    An egg on toast
    Oatmeal with grated apple or frozen berries
    Muesli with berries and yoghurt

Not a fan of smoothies - no matter how filling they are I never feel like I've actually eaten anything - even if my tummy is stretched to the limit, in my head I'm like, oh I should probably have some toast for substance. Haha.
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brittcurtis
    Options
    I ALWAYS eat oatmeal & an egg for breakfast, but when I dont have time, I eat one of these meal replacement bars. With only 3 grams of sugar, and 16 grams of easy to digest protein, it is a great breakfast alternative - https://www.advocare.com/11128121/Store/ItemDetail.aspx?itemCode=A3701&id=TB
  • BrionaLoree
    Options
    Instead of peanutbutter, i use half a serving of nutella (1 TBL.) it goes a long way and tastes even better:) + it's only 100 calories and goes on just about anything
  • BrionaLoree
    Options
    Not a fan of smoothies - no matter how filling they are I never feel like I've actually eaten anything - even if my tummy is stretched to the limit, in my head I'm like, oh I should probably have some toast for substance. Haha.

Im the exact same way:/
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jessiesunshine
    Options
    A breakfast favorite of mine
    1 cup rolled oats
    1 overripe banana
    1/4 cup raisins 1 tsp honey

mix, roll into cookie size balls and bake on 350 for 20 min on a cooie sheet. I then eat it with a half cup vanilla yogurt ... usually in a pretty dish.. Very yummy!
    then you can eat the rest as snacks.. they are better than oatmeal cookies if you ask me.. i haven't counted the cals.. but I know it can't be much.. its all natural.. no flour.
  • Dreamweaver1950
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I also like the fact you can have it for Breakfast & snacks.:flowerforyou:
  • Dreamweaver1950
    Options
    I agree, breakfast can also be dinner. There's no rules when it comes to specifics regarding that I don't think! Sounded good to me.:smile:
  • timroebuck
    timroebuck Posts: 1
    Options
    This sounds so good! Any idea on the nutritional facts?
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've just started to use egg whites (2 Chicks). I make a sweet or savory pancake - today was a sweet one for breakfast. Thin slices of nectarine sprinkled with cinnamon and sauteed in a non -stick pan with a drop of oil. Whisk the equivalent of 3 egg whites with splenda to taste, seed trail, shredded coconut. Drizzle on the cooked nectarine, flip over when the the bottom is nicely browned. A spoonful of yogurt on top makes a nice addition. Yummmmm....
    sounds delicious!
  • ahfeather
    ahfeather Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fave right now is a cup of strawberries, a container of plain greek yogurt poured over, topped with a few sliced almonds and a tsp of drizzled honey. Only about 240 calories and it keeps me full for a long time. Will add any berries I find to change it up.
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I enjoy smoothies using whatever leftover fruit I have. Fr a good dose of the healthy fat I'll throw in an avocado for extra creaminess and for extra protein hemp hearts.

Or I'll take vanilla yogurt, top it off with a few tbsp of hemp granola, died cranberries and walnuts.
  • ZigsFigs
    ZigsFigs Posts: 6
    Options
    I've just started to use egg whites (2 Chicks). I make a sweet or savory pancake - today was a sweet one for breakfast. Thin slices of nectarine sprinkled with cinnamon and sauteed in a non -stick pan with a drop of oil. Whisk the equivalent of 3 egg whites with splenda to taste, seed trail, shredded coconut. Drizzle on the cooked nectarine, flip over when the the bottom is nicely browned. A spoonful of yogurt on top makes a nice addition. Yummmmm....
    sounds delicious!

This sounds fascinating and awesome! It's like a flourless pancake but with the addition of protein into the mix!
    I never thought to use egg whites in a sweet way, but it makes total sense since an egg white will take on any flavor profile you give it. Sooo trying this! Thank you!
  • Nonnie6320
    Nonnie6320 Posts: 4
    Options
    Your stomach doesn't know what time it is...You don't have to eat breakfast food. But try an omelet with low-fat swiss and a little peach salsa. Puree some raspberries and pour them over cottage cheese. Put some fresh or grilled peach in your oatmeal and top with a dollop of yogurt. Have a cup of chili. It's dinnertime somewhere. ;-)