Dinner Fast Food Choices for Type 2 Diabetics

Options
Hambone23
Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
Dinner -- Eating on the Go

Fazoli's:
1/2 order spaghetti with meat sauce with (2 Tbsp) Parmesan cheese
1-1/2 soft breadstick
1 (4 oz) unsweetened applesauce cup (from home)

KFC:
3 Colonel's Crispy Strips
1 serving Corn on the cob
1 serving Green beans
1 Biscuit

Don Pablo's:
1 order Mama's Skinny Enchiladas (3 chicken/cheese enchiladas)
1 side order Charra beans

P.F. Chang's China Bistro:
1/4 dish Cantonese scallops and shrimp
1 c. Steamed rice
1/2 dish Sichuan style asparagus

Pizza Hut:
2 slices Medium Thin 'N Crispy Veggie Lover's Pizza
1 serving Breadstick

Fine Dining Restaurant:
3 ounces grilled salmon
1/3 c. brown and wild rice
6 spears steamed asparagus
1/2 c. steamed baby carrots
1 small roll
1 slice (1/6 pie) Apple pie

Schlotzsky's Deli:
8-inch Fresh tomato and pesto pizza
1 small Garden salad with (1 serving) light Italian dressing

Steakhouse:
3 oz Filet Mignon
8 oz (1/2 of 16 ox potato) Baked potato with (1 tsp) butter with (1 Tbsp) sour cream
1/2 large dinner roll
1 c. tossed salad with (1 Tbsp) Honey Mustard Dressing

Boston Market:
1/4 Rotisserie chicken, white meat, no skin
3/4 c. Green vegetable
3/4 c. Homestyle mashed potatoes
3/4 c. fruit salad

Panda Express:
1 order (12 oz) Hot and sour soup
1 order (5 oz) Chicken with mushrooms
1 order (5 oz) mixed vegetables
1 order (8 oz) steamed rice

Burger King:
1 Original WHOPPER JR. with cheese, no mayonnaise
1 small order of fries
1 Side garden salad with (1 serving) light Italian dressing

Chevys Fresh Mex
1 serving Chicken fajitas with 2 El Machino tortillas with no rice, beans, or guacamole
2-1/2 oz Salsa

Panera Bread:
1 serving Asian sesame chicken salad (with dressing)
1 Sourdough roll with (1 tsp) margarine

O'Charley's:
1 filet fresh grilled fish
1 order vegetable medley
1 order rice pilaf
1 plain roll

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    :) thanks for this
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    After reading this I'm hungry! Except for twice that I can remember I've avoided eating out the last few months. Feels great, but then I pass some french fries and I cave.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    While all of these sound delicious, ALL would raise my BG by at least 60 points and I'm trying to avoid that kind of spike. I do miss pasta...a lot
  • mahutch1
    mahutch1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    French fries are one of my biggest weaknesses. I have found some sweet potato fries at Sam's that are pretty good.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    While all of these sound delicious, ALL would raise my BG by at least 60 points and I'm trying to avoid that kind of spike. I do miss pasta...a lot

me too...those items are way too high carb for me! I love pasta too, but unfortunately it doesnt love me, no matter how little i have.

If i had to eat at KFC I would be certain to order grilled chicken, nit coated...salad. At a steak place Id order extra veggies and maybe a side of mushrooms instead of baked potato and rolls...At the itallian joint Id probably let my BG spike a bit...order the pasta, but start my mael with a broth soup or salad to fill me up before hand.

My BG doesnt do well when my meals go over about 40g per meal
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    French fries are one of my biggest weaknesses. I have found some sweet potato fries at Sam's that are pretty good.

We have those frequently. Other than that I prefer to drink my meals through a straw. Whey protein shakes for me all day long I'd be happy. Low carb no spikes!
  • nikkirojo
    nikkirojo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bless you. I sometimes eat on the run and it can be hard to find something that won't send my numbers sky high.
  • hwcoxjr
    hwcoxjr Posts: 11
    Options
    Ok realize that I'm basing this on the carb allowances for a guy so I get about 15 more each meal than a woman does. The best things I have found are

Sonic Grilled Chicken Wrap . It's 39 carbs but with an un-sweatened tea or some water, it fills me up the rest of the afternoon

McDonalds 5 piece Chicken Selects - it's 36 carbs, but again with un-sweatened tea or some water, It keeps me full.
    McDonalds 3 Piece Chicken Nuggets - 8 carbs - makes a nice snack.
    McDonalds 6 Piece Chicken Nuggets - 20 carbs - makes a nice snack for a guy.

Backyard Burget Low Carb Burger - It's basically a burger wrapped with lettuce instead of a bun.
    Backyard Burger Take home - I take home a 1/3 or a 2/3 burger sometimes, take them off the bun and wrap them in a Flatiout Foldit ( 15 Carbs, 7 Fiber ). I figure sine the low carb burger is basically the same thing I'm only getting 3 or 6 carbs + the 15 for the foldit.

Now like all things, I don't try and do these every lunch or dinner. But if I'm out and not going to be able to make it to a GOOD food souce for lunch or dinner, these will do for me in a push. They do impact my weight but they don't hit my BG hard. I just know I'm going to have to walk a couple extra laps around the block when I get home. LOL.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If I have to get fast food, I go to Subway. 6" turkey on wheat with cheese and I add avocado instead of any mayo/sauces. I think it comes out to about 350 cal, but I'll double check and edit my post.

Edit: 400 calories.