Season 2 - Episode 13 - Beside the Dying Fire (03/18/12) Sea

Options

Replies

• SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Watching the marathon today leading up to the finale. I am really going to miss this until season 3 starts!
    AND EVERYONE IS INFECTED! When you die no matter how you die you will turn into a zombie unless your brain is destroyed. I think that's been shown pretty clearly through-out the show. Someone dies, you gotta shoot them in the head or they will turn.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Watching the marathon today leading up to the finale. I am really going to miss this until season 3 starts!
    AND EVERYONE IS INFECTED! When you die no matter how you die you will turn into a zombie unless your brain is destroyed. I think that's been shown pretty clearly through-out the show. Someone dies, you gotta shoot them in the head or they will turn.

Super pumped too, been watching as well (when the kids are out of the room).

I am happy with the small twists with the "are we already infected" question, but if that becomes forefront to the story next season, I will be little disappointed. That's not really what the Walking Dead is about to me. It doesn't matter how it started or how it could be cured. None of that matters anymore because they are beyoned the point of no return. It's a story about survival and what it takes and what you will do to keep going.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options

I am happy with the small twists with the "are we already infected" question, but if that becomes forefront to the story next season, I will be little disappointed. That's not really what the Walking Dead is about to me. It doesn't matter how it started or how it could be cured. None of that matters anymore because they are beyoned the point of no return. It's a story about survival and what it takes and what you will do to keep going.

I don't think its ever really going to be forefront but the question will always be there. There will always be someone who is trying to make sense of it. (character wise)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that the sponsors - or commercials are for life insurance. I'm sensing some irony here.

My theory. Is they are going to all wake up and be in purgatory.. aka, Lost.

I'd like to see them battling the zombies and then have the group of 30 survivors come to their rescue so they have to mingle with them. Be interesting to see who survives and who zombies out tonight. Popping my corn and waiting patiently.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that the sponsors - or commercials are for life insurance. I'm sensing some irony here.

My theory. Is they are going to all wake up and be in purgatory.. aka, Lost.

I'd like to see them battling the zombies and then have the group of 30 survivors come to their rescue so they have to mingle with them. Be interesting to see who survives and who zombies out tonight. Popping my corn and waiting patiently.

omg i am laughing so hard i never even noticed about the life insurance lmao

I am waiting an hour then going to pop some popcorn make smoothies and sit and wait with you :)
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Michonne!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally screamed and jumped off the couch!!!
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I know right! So excited she showed up. Plus the prison looked awesome!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

That was the most epic intro shot too. I love the silouttes of the armless zombies on the chains.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

That was the most epic intro shot too. I love the silouttes of the armless zombies on the chains.

That was awesome!

This episode did frustrate me a bit though. Carol, Lori and Carl all really got on my nerves this episode.

I do like the new Rick though. That ending speech was pretty hardcore.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    apparently I need to read the comics to figure out who this Michonne character is.... Any chance someone would like to provide some background on her... Loved the zombies on chains but was freaked out on how she can control them. Very dark looking.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am so super freaking excited to see Michonne and the prison!!! I am so happy- I nearly cried. BTW, Michonne is a super bad *kitten* and that's all that needs to be said.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Sooo excited to see her more. Laurie...I wanted to punch in the face and I'm glad Rick has become a hard *kitten*. I'm curious to see where the helicopter is from....
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    well I lovvvvvvvvved Ricks speech he is so great. Loved the prison. Lori annoyed me as usual....l knew daryl would have to save carol lol Glad rick saved hershel and loved how hershel smirked (cause he loves rick) while rick did his speech. we were all right on what jenner said whoo hooo we are all smart :)
    Once again as usual Lori was not watching carl and took a while for her to notice lmao
    Michonne is such a bad *kitten* and so is andrea running and killing the zombies all on her own felt bad she got left though.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So glad Darryl went back and saved Carol. That was kinda sweet.

I like that Rick is finally speaking his mind instead of just making all these decisions all in his head where the audience has no idea what he's thinking.

Lori should feel guilty as **** for putting Shane and Rick against each other the way she did. I hope she feels horrible about it, though I'm glad she made it.

LOVE the chick with the samarai sword who saved Andrea (did not read the comics so please don't spoil this for me).

Prison is awesome!

Very very good episode and a superb ending to an otherwise frustrating season.

Talking Dead afterwards was helpful also. Robert Kirkman was on there and gave a LOT of hints about season 3. Very much looking forward to it.
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options

Me too! I was jumping up and screaming "YES! Michonne!!! YES! BAD. *kitten*!" I am so excited to watch Season 3!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Michonne, prison, Rick being a BAMF, unimportant characters dying, what's not to love? Oh yeah, Laurie. Let's see... if you don't want to leave the farm without your kid, how about keeping an eye on him every once and a while?! Genius. Also, it's totally infuriating for her to have pushed both Rick and Shane into that situation in the woods and then turned around and got mad at Rick for actually going through with it. Her perfect family is falling apart and I love it.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    apparently I need to read the comics to figure out who this Michonne character is.... Any chance someone would like to provide some background on her... Loved the zombies on chains but was freaked out on how she can control them. Very dark looking.

Michonne is a character from the comic books. I'll start a thread dedicated to her and people can share info about her there. During The Talking Dead creator and executive producer, Robert Kirkland, announced that Danai Gurira would be playing Michonne.
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else secretly hoping that we get to watch Rick slowly lose his mind as the next season comes?
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Also kind of surprised that Rick was so quick to dismiss the idea of waiting around or going back for Andrea. He was the one who made everyone search for Sophia for weeks.
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    everyone got on my nerves on this one! even rick. . "this isnt a democracy anymore." well what is it a dictorship? I would have walked on out. why wait around for the morning to get gas.. PILE on in that car (sit on each others lap) gas up go back and fill up the car.. Why wait in the middle of the zombie infested wooods? STUPID!

Also, Lori--wht the hell? first she plays w/ ricks head to get rid of Shane now shes upset he killed Shane??? Shane was about to Kill him.. Ugh that women!!! totally wouldve left the group right there and then!