New Here! Would love some advice! =)

Options
penroseg
penroseg Posts: 53 Member
I just joined this group, and am fairly new to MFP. I've got about 40-50 lbs to lose, and want to do this for the last time. I find that my body is very sensitive to carbs, and going the low carb route seems to be best. I've been trying to follow the low carb/high fat suggestions, and I feel better than I ever have when on a "diet". The only problem is that the scale (and measurements) aren't moving. Last year I lost weight fairly easily eating the same. I will open up my diary and would LOVE any suggestions.

Note: the weight loss on the ticker is from last years weight loss. I took about 6 months off after losing my best friend and soulmate. :brokenheart:

Thanks!

I also want to add that I was eating 1600-1700 cal/day for about a month and it wasn't working. Now I'm trying to drop it to 1300-1400 cal/day to see if that would help. When I did low carb last year, I kept a food diary, but never calculated the calories. Looking at it now, I was probably at about 1300 cal/day, and losing 1-2 lbs per week.

Replies

• scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your diary and have a few suggestions... Keep in mind, I am clearly not an expert, but these are things I notice that work for me.

I see that you generally do not eat a lot of protein at breakfast and lunch - I think you could use more meat - specifically red meat.

Limit processed foods - Laughing Cow is ok, but is a little more processed than a block of Swiss cheese (or whatever flavor you like). The Publix creamer... I'm not familiar, but you might be better off with heavy cream? Not sure...

You seem to eat sausage a lot - check the ingredients to make sure there aren't non-meat or veggie fillers in there. You never know what might be added for flavor or texture....

4 beers one night? You will have difficulty losing weight on LC drinking beer. (but I bet you already know that :laugh: )

Hopefully someone else will have some suggestions too!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I second checking your sausage contents. My wife has been told by her doctor to stay away from soy, and I am having a hard time finding any major brand of sausage lately that the 2nd ingredient isn't soy protein. What ever happened to meat being made out of meat!! :tongue:
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I will definitely check the sausage. I never thought of that!!! Thanks!

Also, those beers were a rare celebration. I haven't had a beer in a while. :smile: