How's the Running?

Options
Hi everyone! Been up and running as a group for a few days now and I love seeing new faces every time I log on!!!! GOOD JOB!!! I have hit a little road bump myself, I think I might be catching a little stomach bug, not sure....just feel nauseated and tired. So I am still going to workout, and KINDA do the run, but just do all walking and see how I feel.

SO............how is everyone elses runs coming along....noticing any changes?

Replies

• gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon! Last night I did Week 1 Day 3. I feel pretty good about it. I am going to do one more day of week 1 tomorrow. With the running and the strength training it just seems easier to do M-W-F (same week) I would be beginning Week 2 of C25K tomorrow and beginning week 4 of NRoW4W Monday..see confusing!!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone else!!
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great!! Did my second run today. Felt so good afterwards.
  • qwants2bslimmer
    qwants2bslimmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just completed W2D2, am finding that 90 seconds last a long time when you're not fit! I'm sure it will get better..?! On the plus side it was a lovely morning and I always feel good about myself once I have finished!
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just completed W2D2, am finding that 90 seconds last a long time when you're not fit! I'm sure it will get better..?! On the plus side it was a lovely morning and I always feel good about myself once I have finished!
    It does get better.........I'm doing W8D3 in a couple of days time but found I can run for 35mins non stop now!
  • qwants2bslimmer
    Options
    It does get better.........I'm doing W8D3 in a couple of days time but found I can run for 35mins non stop now!
    Wow, well done, I look forward to that day :)!
  • aspyn1622
    aspyn1622 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Found myself catching an Upper Respiratory Infection this week making even climbing the porch stairs taking my breath away! Sigh, seems like every time I am gung ho to start something new, something comes up! LOL, I am going to give W1D1 a whirl this afternoon and see how my breathing holds up, if I'm not ready yet I'll shoot for Monday instead! Congrats to everyone's progress so far, I look forward to getting started!
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am glad to find this group.
    I am on week 5 or C25K and had a BIG surprise when between W5D2 and W5D3 it went from 8 minute jog intervals to 'run for 20 minutes'. :noway: I knew, I was not ready YET for that, so instead I increased my time by two minutes and decided to increase it by another 2-3 minutes every other day to SLOWLY work up to 20 or more... I was a little shocked by the sudden increase.
    For those who have done this week, how did you handle the big increase?
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just did W2D1 and I did good! So surprised how much I liked it!
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am glad to find this group.
    I am on week 5 or C25K and had a BIG surprise when between W5D2 and W5D3 it went from 8 minute jog intervals to 'run for 20 minutes'. :noway: I knew, I was not ready YET for that, so instead I increased my time by two minutes and decided to increase it by another 2-3 minutes every other day to SLOWLY work up to 20 or more... I was a little shocked by the sudden increase.
    For those who have done this week, how did you handle the big increase?

Yikes! That is a huge increase!

I am only on the first week... Today I had planned to run, but all my walking before starting this program has given me some blisters (I've been walking for about 1.5 hours each day). I decided to splurge on really good socks and got some stuff to cushion the blisters. From my previous experience, I am sure it is the socks... I can feel when they aren't right. I will be doing W1D2 tomorrow.
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 yesterday and was very proud that I was able to run for 5 min without stoping! :)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 yesterday and was very proud that I was able to run for 5 min without stoping! :)

Good for you!! I can't wait to be able to say that!
  • sarah32lee
    Options

Good for you!! I can't wait to be able to say that!

THANK YOU! :smile:
  • qwants2bslimmer
    Options
    Finished W2D3 today, and really enjoyed it, I don't if thats because I knew I didn't have to get ready for work but it felt different today. I am looking forward to starting W3 on Monday, lets hope I am still feeling positive after that one! Have a lovely weekend everyone :)
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've been working out for a while now, but haven't incorporated running yet. Yesterday I decided I was going to time my mile and did it in 12 min. That really surprised me, and I was still able to walk for another 1/2 hr after that on an incline. Sooo, I think I can probably start comfortably at week 4. So that's the plan. I'll post again on Monday and let you know how my first day goes.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    End of Week 8 today - found it hard to run today as I felt tired. Can't believe I have come this far though, its a great training tool.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Finished w3d3 friday! Woohoo. Nervous about the w4! Five minute run!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm doing W1D2 tomorrow. Did day one yesterday, today I rode my bike for a mile and a half... :) I'm pumped about exercising.

Since I did day one I noticed that the top of my right foot, where my "ring toe" :wink: meets my foot is sore... Is that normal?
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Finshin week 1 today! I can't wait for the run or for week 2 to start :happy:
    Ran through my shin splints on day 2, I have a feeling I'll have to do it again on day 1 of week 2 :tongue:
    Hope everyone else is doing great on their journey to a 5K!!! :drinker:
  • LadyHester
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 and so far every session has pushed me out of my comfort zone but has been achievable. I think that's why I feel that I can stick with it through to 5k where I have previously failed by doing too much too soon. Stick with it. Every time I put on my running shoes I have to tell myself I won't regret doing a run, but I will definitely regret staying on the sofa. I am always so pleased after I've finished.
  • sarah32lee
    Options
    So I finished week 4 today! Yay! Im scared of week 5 and plus my hips have been really sore after I run, their not to bad during but I dont know how their gonna like the 8 min run...