Protein Powder

Options
moksumike
moksumike Posts: 30 Member
Any of you guys have a recommendation for Protein powder. Something that mixes well, taste decent and is not full of sugar?

Replies

• Muc730
    Muc730 Posts: 24
    Options
    are you looking for slow release 'whey' or fast ISO protein....??

Plus ..how active or how much do you workout?..that makes a difference.
  • moksumike
    Options
    I'm looking for slow release whey.
    I run trails or do CrossFit 5 days a week.
  • Muc730
    Muc730 Posts: 24
    Options
    Well...the best slow release. whey I have found ..that tastes actually very good is .. brand : Ultimate Nutrition, Sensation 81 , chocolate Truffle..or cookies and cream....No idea where your from..so I hope its offered somewhere online for you.....Trust me...when I say that I have tried numerous and you wont be dissapointed in the taste of this product..

If your doing crossfit..I highly suggest you get into an ISO protein ...as your muscles will benefit tremendously from the instant absorbsion that a water ISO gives....there again..Ultimate nutrition makes a great ISO called, ISO Sensation 93..the cookies and cream is my favorite...

I hope this helps..
    Cheers,
    MUC
  • moksumike
    Options
    Thanks!
  • charlie1560
    Options
    Try Ideal Shape does a pretty good job of reducing hunger and actually tastes pretty darn good. I have been using for a couple moths as a lunch replacement (little ice, water and product shake it up (simple)). Priced decent as well if you try it let me know what you think.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    should I be using protein powder?
  • mud314
    mud314 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites powder. Order them through amazon and save money. It mixes well and there are not additives to them. Nothing compares to eggs when it comes to muscle building which us boys like. I typically throw it in with some milk or almond "milk" and a banana or any other fruits. Remember the caloires in fruit though.
  • Hostile
    Hostile Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My wife's personal trainer recomended BSN Syntha-6. All the flavors taste amazing.
  • bstall1976
    bstall1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    BSN syntha 6 is a great tasting protein, some find it difficult to fit into their calorie and macro requirements. I really like the new Protean from Iforce nutrition as well as Trutein by trunutrition. If money is a concern i go with Dyamtize elite gourmet or elite xt. All these are whey/casein blends that give you both fast and slow digesting protein and are good for any time of the day.