New to group & site

Options
Hi everyone!

I am 2 years & 2 months post-op gastric bypass surgery and have lost a total of 131 pounds. I weighed 165 in December 2010 (11 months post-op) and was at my thinnest/happiest. Unfortunately, I have allowed my emotional eating to undermine my success and have since allowed my weight to creep back up to 179. I am bound and determined to get back down to 165 (or less) to maintain a slimmer me AND fit comfortably back into my size 10 jeans.

Replies

• pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good for you, stopping that regain at less than 15 pounds.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group you can sooo do this.
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too, but am hoping this site gets me on track. I had gastric bypass 7/2011 and have lost 82 lbs. My surgeon wants me down to 130 lbs, I'm 5'3", but I don't think it's a realistic goal, just changed my goal to 140.
  • jjomilligan
    Options
    Hello, I am new to MFP and the board as well. I had RNY in May of 2010 so I am almost 2 yrs out and down about 180 lbs. I Started at 370. I joined because I started to realize I can eat a whole lot more variety (bad stuff) and tolerate it so much better. I have only gained 5-7 pounds but that is ENOUGH! I Started this journey to be healthy and hope logging every day on MFP and the support of some new friends will keep me in check :o) So please respond or add me if you like, I look forward to "meeting" some new friends!!
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. :smile: