How do we want to do this....

Options
Alacey88
Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
Do we want to do Before/ After pics, measurements, weight???

Do we want to do a weekly check in or just wait till the end of the event to show the results.

I am up for anything... :happy:

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I definately want to take before/after pics and measurements. Anything other than that I'm game! :)

Just to be clear (and this is going to sound SO stupid) but you do this workout every day for 30 days right? No worrying about your body getting used to the same workout? Or do you alternate the 3 different workouts on the DVD? Not really sure how it works...
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have no idea... but i did 10 days of level 1 - spread over about 3 weeks - because I was going to the gym and taking a rest day from time to time. Then I started level 2. I did that 1 day, then I haven't gone back to it since. I am still going to the gym, running, etc - but I put Jillian on hold. I have been saying I want to start again - and do 30 consecutive days, but too chicken to do it. So I am going to commit!!!

I would think we would need an opening post - starting weight and measurements - and then make a "Level" post? Like at the end of 10 days (Level 1 done) - check in with how we are feeling, did we do 10 consecutive days, and any victories (scale or non-scale). I don't know that I would want to measure every 10 days - I would prefer the surprise at the end. But I think we could focus on the non-scale victories (seeing definition, clothes fitting more loosely, being able to get through the entire workout with taking a break, etc).

What does everyone think? I am excited! This is the jump start I need for the next phase of my journey!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I definately want to take before/after pics and measurements. Anything other than that I'm game! :)

Just to be clear (and this is going to sound SO stupid) but you do this workout every day for 30 days right? No worrying about your body getting used to the same workout? Or do you alternate the 3 different workouts on the DVD? Not really sure how it works...

Most people do each level for 10 days at a time, so you do level 1 for 10 days, then go on to level 2 for 10 days, etc. When I've done it before, I never was able to do it every day due to lack of time, but I think it really works for those who do it every day if not close to every day. If your body is screaming for a rest day, you should honor that so you don't get overwhelmed and quit.

I'm looking forward to doing this with a group!! I'm also down for before and after pics. Makes me a little nervous to post before pics, but it will probably motivate me even more! ;)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Okay so it's not necessarily a straight 30 days...everyone might finish on a different date, correct? I can commit to a straight 30 days...I just want to make sure I have the "rules" straight! LOL

This'll be perfect timing for the "Before" pictures too...we are taking the kids on a "waterpark" weekend to a local hotel that weekend, so hubby can take pictures of me in my swim suit!
  • Karelle92
    Karelle92 Posts: 25
    Options

Most people do each level for 10 days at a time, so you do level 1 for 10 days, then go on to level 2 for 10 days, etc. When I've done it before, I never was able to do it every day due to lack of time, but I think it really works for those who do it every day if not close to every day. If your body is screaming for a rest day, you should honor that so you don't get overwhelmed and quit.

I'm looking forward to doing this with a group!! I'm also down for before and after pics. Makes me a little nervous to post before pics, but it will probably motivate me even more! ;)

I'm also down for before/after pics and I feel the same as you.. a bit nervous about before pics!

I'm really really really looking forward to start 30DS and even more with a group!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I think the main aim of this group will be for support, motivation and accountability. No real competition to speak of, except to better ourselves along the way!

Let's start out with a BEFORE post, for all before photos, measurements and weights. Great idea!

I personally aim to complete 10 days of each level, all consecutively (unless, of course, my body's begging for a rest day), as I have done before. The first time I did it, it was 30 consecutive days; the second time, there were a few rest days.

I want to leave this pretty well open as far as format and such goes. Stop in as often or as little as you wish. Tailor the 30 Day Shred program to your level of fitness and time constraints. No judgment here, just support and motivation!

I'm thinking of starting a thread for each level, so we can check in on the appropriate level board throughout, no matter how long we stay on each one. What are your thoughts on this? Check in daily, weekly, at the end of each level?

I love to hear your thoughts and ideas too, so please feel free to share!

Thank you for joining!!
  • Michelle7903
    Options
    this is cool I've finally found a group that's doing the same workout as I am!! I am really really excited..
  • mercedes3106
    mercedes3106 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi every1 I am a yoyo dieter n I am back! Hopefully 4 the long run.. I would really like 2 join this group I am fairly new 2 the website. How do I Chk in w u guys?? I am really excited this will b my 1st time doin 30day shred I've heard many gud things.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options

Most people do each level for ten days. That is what I am going to try to do that on top of working out for 60 mins at the gym.
  • Charlahorr
    Charlahorr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! How do you record the 30 day shred in the exercise?? I just started it today :)
  • JustACaJen
    Options
    Hey everyone! How do you record the 30 day shred in the exercise?? I just started it today :)

If you don't have a heart rate monitor (HRM), then most people use "Circuit Training, General". When I was doing that then later got a HRM, it was accurate within about 35 calories.
  • JustACaJen
    Options
    I think the main aim of this group will be for support, motivation and accountability. No real competition to speak of, except to better ourselves along the way!

Let's start out with a BEFORE post, for all before photos, measurements and weights. Great idea!

I personally aim to complete 10 days of each level, all consecutively (unless, of course, my body's begging for a rest day), as I have done before. The first time I did it, it was 30 consecutive days; the second time, there were a few rest days.

I want to leave this pretty well open as far as format and such goes. Stop in as often or as little as you wish. Tailor the 30 Day Shred program to your level of fitness and time constraints. No judgment here, just support and motivation!

I'm thinking of starting a thread for each level, so we can check in on the appropriate level board throughout, no matter how long we stay on each one. What are your thoughts on this? Check in daily, weekly, at the end of each level?

I love to hear your thoughts and ideas too, so please feel free to share!

Thank you for joining!!

I like the idea of starting a thread for each level. We should start a Before thread and an after thread and my earlier suggestion of a "victories" thread (scale and non-scale).

And I think you are right about following what feels "right" to you. I am going to make every attempt to do 30 days straight because I have seen some AMAZING before and after pictures for those that did. So **Fingers Crossed** I can get it done!
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options

If you don't have a heart rate monitor (HRM), then most people use "Circuit Training, General". When I was doing that then later got a HRM, it was accurate within about 35 calories.

Thanks for posting that. I wondered the same thing.