I hear tattoos hurt

Options
13»

Replies

• richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    In the crack of my *kitten*. I have a triskelion as a tramp stamp and the third leg is in my crack. It was a very painfully pleasureful experience for me. I'm in the process of planning and pricing my next one on the left side of my ribcage... heard that really sucks.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    See, wrist and chest were nothing to me.

the worst was between my shoulder blades on my spine. the only other one I would say "hurt" was the inner part of my arm but only when it got down near my elbow.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    In the crack of my *kitten*. I have a triskelion as a tramp stamp and the third leg is in my crack. It was a very painfully pleasureful experience for me. I'm in the process of planning and pricing my next one on the left side of my ribcage... heard that really sucks.

off topic, but i'm in richmond, va as well.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    My wrists were no problem for me. Out of the 13 I have (both calves, both hips, both wrists, and 7 on my back) my tribal phoenix middle lower spine was the WORST. It felt like the needle was a small little branding iron going across my skin. I don't know how i got through that tattoo but i did. I'm too much of a wuss to even think about getting my feet done but i have thought about getting my ribs done. Makes no sense i know, lmao. I also want my arms and chest done at some point. I just need to find a decent artist down here.
    DSC_0008.jpg
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    my most painful to get done would have been my back. riiigggghhtt up the tip of the shoulder. OW. or the shading on my boob tatt. felt that one underneath my arm and all across my chest.

but my most painful to heal so far is my wrist.. got it a week ago and its been a *kitten*. just constantly hurts.
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My worst was my rib cage...it has been sitting unfinished for almost 3 yrs!
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Usually, I sleep through my tattoos (I've got 10 of various sizes). Not including times when my artist woke me up to shift me around ... I woke up during the outlining of two of them. Poppies (breastbone, few inches below collar bone area), and Dr. Who (top of my thigh, just below my *kitten*). If I recall correctly, the same area in the poppies tatt was also painful when coloured. My thigh piece was fine when we coloured it.
  • tretheb
    tretheb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    on the ankle bone ... the fatty parts of my body didn't hurt at all ...
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    knuckles arent bad ... just learned friday
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My ankle bone...have a foot tat that runs from my big toe to the outside of my ankle and the outlining didn't hurt, just the coloring. My other foot, neck, inside of wrist or back & shoulder didn't hurt at all.
  • qingwang2011
    qingwang2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lets see from the most painful to less painful tats i have.. inner upper arm (near the armpit area), belly button (try not to breath so much during the process lol), right shoulder blade right on the back bone, and center neck right on the spine (my first tat, not a good spot to start with)...Guess i like pain or something, planning a full sleeve in the future.. :-D
  • MidnightSaturn
    MidnightSaturn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a collarbone tattoo, and I can honestly say I didn't feel it much at all. Maybe its because I tend to have a higher pain tolerance, or because I wanted it that bad, but I didn't have any significant pain issues.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Going across the crease of my hip was SO SO SO painful. Both getting the tat done and the healing process were both extremely painful.

It took forever to heal, because every step, every time you sit, every movement crackles it back and forth. I love it so much, but I tell everyone how painful it was.

Also,since it was a coverup of an old tattoo, the part going over the old scar tissue was agonizing. The old tat had gotten a stretch mark running through it, ruining it. Going over that sucked SO BAD. Even the numbing spray didn't help it much.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Under arm on bicep close to pit. Inside the bend of the arm. He was there a while :smile:
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    Hands down most painful was in my right arm pit. I have a lotus that takes up the entire pit.
    I tell people it felt like a rabid cat let loose with a chain saw! Hahaha.
    I was going to have both pits done, but well...

Other than that my right arm ditch sucked pretty bad, and the elbow was a beast.
    My wrists dont hurt horribly bad while I am being tattooed, but they swell up and are extremely painful for days after I have any work done on or near them.
  • REALBIGBATBASTARD
    REALBIGBATBASTARD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The ditch sucked really bad but the one thing that made my eye water was the elbow!

I even twitched at one point and I don't even have my whole elbow covered.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Fingers and hands for me